MAC Refined Golden

4.1

on 2/21/2011 5:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have tried MANY bronzers. I have been every shade from NC20 (now) to NC40. This is the only bronzer that I can use no matter what. It is not matte, but I don't really notice the shimmer too much once it is on my skin. It does not look like glitter. When I was darker I just used more than I do now, it is very build-able. I have a golden undertone and this bronzer is perfect. If you do use a heavy hand you can look beat up haha, just make sure you build it to the shade you want and do not swirl your brush all over the powder. We have all done it, so pay attention! I just tap it, tap off the excess, and apply. My only gripe with this bronzer is that if it drops, it is done for. I have broken quite a few and it sucks. I have had two just break in my bag (one in my purse - which got everywhere because the case isn't completely air tight so the loose powder pieces came out, and once on my way home from the MAC store it was already broken on my way home). This is really not one to keep in your purse. I have packed it in luggage and been fine, just not clinking around in your bag. All in all this is a great bronzer! I've been using it for 8 years! Tried MANY others but keep coming back!

on 2/7/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I always end up coming back to this bronzer no matter what else I try. It's the perfect shade for my skin, summer or winter surprisingly. Lasts and highlights without making me look like a character out of Jersey Shore...not orange-y either, which goes without saying considering the example!

on 12/6/2010 9:25:00 PM

I just got this bronzer after I finished my too faced chocolate bronzer , this color was recommended to me to match the too faced . I like the color it does have some shimmer to it but it doesn't show up allot which I like since the too faced it matte ! I will repurchase since I love Mac but honestly I could live w/o

on 12/3/2010 11:21:00 AM

I love this product, especially since i use a matte based foundation that can make my face look a little flat. This bronzer adds dimension. I use it to contour my face or I use it all over to add a sunkissed glow. I am a C4 in MAC and I was reccomended to use this product and I instantly fell in love with it. The price is a bit much but for 26 dollars its really worth it. I use the product everyday and I still havent hit pan and I bought it in June. So, it lasts a long time. I would reccomend it to those who are medium to darker skin tones.

on 11/27/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Refined Golden is a great bronzer, especially for fairer tones. I'm an NC20-25 and this never makes me muddy or worse, orangey. It does have a golden shimmer/glitter when you look at it in the compact, but it never shows up on my skin. Instead, what I see is a nice, natural looking, healthy tan. This works well when I'm not tan, or when I use my favorite self-tanner (Kardashian Glamour Tan is unbeatable!). I use a blush brush that's on the flatter side, or a brush like the Too Faced Flatbuki. A little product goes a long way, and it's much easier to build up than to tone it down after. I don't carry it in my purse, since I really don't feel it needs touch ups, and a lot of times MAC compacts can be very fragile and totally crumble if it accidentally. I also use this to contour other areas, like the hollows of my collar bones or the outlines of my calf muscles when wearing heels. It's a great powder, and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

on 10/30/2010 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely looove this product! I have been using it for five years and have yet to find another one that can top it! it has a nice shimmer but it not too overpowering. it is perfect for my medium skin tone! i get way more compliments on how naturally tan i look when wearing this than when i wear any other bronzer.my only complaint would be that if you drop it even once the product breaks up into chunks. i wish they would redesign the packaging for it, but other than that it is fantastic!

This bronzer kind of pulled orange on me or should I say it oxidized on me after having it on for awhile. Also, I'm not a fan of the shimmer. This bronzer seems too dark for me and is not flattering on my skin tone (MSFN Medium Dark).

on 9/26/2010 9:33:00 PM

I still have my MAC Solar Field Refined Golden bronzer and I got it when it first came out..i love it..lol I'm aleady naturally tan so I just use this for contouring and on my eyelid's crease (alone or to prime my lids).Most definitely worth buying...

**This does have some shimmer in it....not a matte bronzer**

on 9/15/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It's the perfect bronze color with the just the right amount of gold shimmer. I think this would be great for a lot of different skin tones! I buff it into my skin and it gives me a great sun-kissed glow any time of the year. I love the texture. It's very silky and not chalky at all. I have the classic black packaging (I feel like I'm the only one that didn't get it out of To the Beach, Style Warriors, etc. lol!) and it's very sleek and durable. It has a large mirror in it that's great to use for touch-ups throughout the day. Beautiful!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this with the to the beach collection mostly for the packaging if I'm being honest... but it really surprised me I love the color on my skintone it works perfectly and even though I don't really care for shimmer which is why I didn't think I would like this, it isn't even noticable once its on your skin at least I don't think so. I use this to contour and I'm glad I purchased this.

Top Rated MAC Products