December 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Chanel - Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Removes eye make up very easily and effectively. BiPhase because you have to shake the bottle to mix the ingredients and then just moisten a cotton pad and remove mascara, etc. very gently and without any oily residue. Takes off all the makeup without having to go over several times and is gentle on your eyes (even used when wearing contacts - doesn't bother them at all like some other brands that can leave an oily residue on your contacts/eyes themselves).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by blackholes

I can admit with all honesty that this is the product that got me hooked on to Chanel Skincare line. I adore this eye and lip makeup remover! It lasted about a year for me, and I used it every night to remove my makeup. A few drops is more than enough to remove fluid eyeliner, mascara, kohl, eyeshadow, and lipstick. I wanted to try a different makeup remover after I finished using this one, and bought the Shiseido eye makeup remover - the worst decision ever! It leaves an oily residue - it's better to use coconut oil to remove your makeup than go for the Shiseido makeup remover! I'm trying to finish my Shiseido bottle ASAP so that I can repurchase this one. This is the best out there, ladies! You will NOT regret buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by shirleya

I used this Chanel's eye make remover a few time and always ended up with irritated teary eyes.
It doesn't do a bad job at removing makeup but there are better and cheaper options that are not so irritating.

water, cyclopentasiloxane, mineral oil, centaurea cyanus flower water, ppg-26-buteth-26, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, methylparaben, vp/hexadecene copolymer, phenoxyethanol, chlorhexidine digluconate, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, rosa damascena flower oil, ci 42090 (blue 1)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by haymans

I love this product. I've changed to cheaper eye make up removers in the past and always regretted it. This removes even heavy eye make up quickly and gets it all off so I don't wake up with annoying black smudges. Love it, love it, love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic product. Gentle and very effective: takes off eye shadow and mascara very quickly and without any effort. But very expensive. As I do not use waterproof mascara I can carry on with my Simple make up remover.

But if Chanel make up remover was cheaper I would definitely consider switching to it. However, for my needs the ratio price/performance does not justify it.

*** I have switched to Clinique Take the Day Off make up remover for lids, lashes and lips. It costs a fraction and it is MUCH better. Therefore from 5 lippies to three.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I can only give product three lippie even though I have used 3 bottles of this eyemake up remover and would repurchase this again. Reason for only 3 lippie? It's an ok eyemake up remover, not outstanding ... not groundbreaking.. just ok. It removes 85% of eyemake up but the smell is terrible.. I think it smells like vomit when it comes into contact with eyeshadows/mascaras etc.. I don't know why.. maybe it's a chemical reaction? Anyways I like to rotate my eye make up removers and until I find the HG this one I'll continue buying because it's made by Chanel and I don't trust cheaper brands when it comes to eyemake up removers (I am a contact lens wearer).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by hpoluo

On my.... 4th bottle, I think? This is among the best and most gentle eye make-up remover I've used. I have to wear waterproof mascara for my dead-straight lashes, and most eye make-up remover can't seem to remove the mascara without removing a couple of my lashes or irritating my eyes along the way. This remover does the job effectively and gently. I leave the soaked cotton pad on my lashes for about 10 second, and the waterproof mascara comes right off.

Downside: expensive!! I have to stock up whenever I take an international flight.

Alternative: Upon recommendation I've recently tried Lumene's eye make-up remover (the oil/water one). It seems to do the job well too. However, after continuous use I see some little red bumps on the skin around my eyes--it could be irritation from the make-up and rubbing though. I will switch back to Chanel and see if the same thing happens. Until then, I would recommend both. =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was expecting to love this based on other reviews, but it didn't work for me. Did a great job removing eye makeup, but stung badly. My eyes ended up red and teary. I've never reacted to eye makeup remover, but holy cow! Might be the fragrance in it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by casia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not like this product.

I am a longtime Bi-facil user and I cannot stand the high cost of it, not to mention it does not remove all my makeup. I tried this at--GULP--a higher price for a smaller container, hoping it would be better. If it was, hey, I guess I'd pay it.

On me, it isn't as good. It removes about the same amount, if that. Probably less. I wake up with traces under my lower lashes. I find it's not as gentle as Bi-facil, and at $32 a bottle, FORGET IT.

I will keep looking for something better and hopefully cheaper, but I am getting disheartened after trying about 20 kinds of eye makeup removers. It's not like I am wearing stage makeup either. Just Diorshow and MAC PowerPoint liner. NOTHING seems to remove this well without being greasy, irritating, and/or ridiculously expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was inspired to write when I saw Zarahshortlash's review on the main MUA page. I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this! As KarlaSugar says, this stuff has unicorn tears in it! Really, it blows Lancome and Clinique out of the water. I originally got a sample of this and, frankly, didn't think to even try it. I was going to throw it in my box 'o extras for swaps. Then, I needed a MU remover and remembered the little bottle of Chanel. WOW! This stuff really works - and takes off more makeup with less work than any other product I have tried. This is pricey (hey - it's Chanel), but it really lasts as a little goes a LONG way...you do not need to soak cotton ball after cotton ball here. HG for sure!

UPDATE: I still love this stuff. It really lasts, too. My bottle looks nearly new. UPDATE: Bottle is almost at its end, and I am still in love. I will repurchase and never look back, lol. I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes and never have had a problem. HTH!