April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by bspeights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price u cant ask for more. It worked the first application I used it. My nose and forehead appeared smoother and it didnt irritate my sensitive dry skin. I used the seaweed cleanser made by MB and it came right off. Best 12 bucks ive spent in a while. I did notice this product stays sold out everwhere they sell it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works a MILLION times better when used after Biore Strips. I first use a Biore Strip after a hot shower (when my pores are wide open), leave that on until its dry, pull it up and observe all the nasty-ness that was plugged in my nose. I rinse the excess residue off from the strip, and while my skin is still wet, I apply the silver powder to turn into a creamy paste. I really make it more like a paste than a cream. Leave on for 10 minutes (longer if I can), rinse, and INSTANTLY notice clearer skin. The Silver Powder helps to "close" the pores that my Biore Strip leaves open. So many ppl have troubles with the biore strips because it leaves the pore open and it just gets clogged again...if only they had the Silver Powder too, they would see what they're missing! I do this routine once a month, but use the Silver powder once every two weeks to refresh. I have used this product over a zit, and it really helps to reduce redness, but that's about it. But for blackheads it's wonderful, especially when used with the biore strips. It is a bit of work to get the mask off, but really nothing so bad that other reviewers make it out to be. Just a couple of extra rinses, skip the toner, no big deal really. The white spots that appear "stuck" in the pores after I rinse is a sign to me that I need to bring out the extractor (if you don't have one, GET ONE), and sure enough the white leftover spots are some remaining clogged pores. then viola! blackhead-free!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by thetalldancer

I bought this since i've always struggled with blackheads. I had never heard of this until i read about it on elleandblair.com. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is because it was hard to remove like other reviewers said. I use witch hazel as my toner and it seemed like i had to use a lot. after 2 uses i noticed a big difference in my blackheads and i think it totally cleared up my acne on my forehead and chin too. if you use this, definitely leave it on for the full 10 min for it to work the best

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Jpain96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Recommended by someone at Ulta for clogged pores. Easy to put on, but difficult to wash off! When you follow the instructions to remove it, it leaves a white sheen all over your face and would have to use my Clarisonic to remove, however, white powder still everywhere!!! Used a few times (though was told I'd see results immediately), but didn't see any difference in my clogged pores. Not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by stechi13

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff seemed to only fill in my pores and give off the illusion of them disappearing. However, it did not get rid of any of my blackheads. It is VERY messy and I had to use like 5 cotton balls to get it all off. Too bad, I wish there was something to completely get RID of blackheads. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product - it did seem to shrink my pores and at least lighten (if not remove) my blackheads. Difficult to remove, but worth it. I will probably use tums (calcium carbonate) instead of this product when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by TheHster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mmm, tried this a few times now and not sure. I have fine, spotty skin, not the in your face nasty acne but always enough to be a pain. I have read the reviews for this stuff and thought it worth a shot.
To put it on is fun enough, dampen face then dab a cotton ball in the powder and apply, it turns instantly to a fine clay mask consistency which feels nice on.
It dries fairly qucikly, and now the only downside I can really see - a fine dandruff like powder that falls off your face as this stuff dries. You don't notice it at first then boomfa, white powder is everywhere.
So you take it off with a cloth, flannel and a slight white sheen remains but this comes off easily.
The results, well my skin did look clearer and when used often, ( read 3 times a week) my skin did seem clearer. I will use it till its gone but not sure I'll buy this again, just didn't fancy the messiness mid routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I've always had so many blackheads on my nose. A few months ago, I started using The Face Shop's Charcoal Pore Strips which worked wonders on my blackheads! It did not remove my blackheads 100%, but made a significant difference. I bought the silver powder to try it out. I put some powder in my hand, add a few drops of hot water, and then mix it. I put the mixture on my nose (after I wash my face) and wait about 10 minutes. I use Ole Henrikson's Grease Relief Toner on a cotton pad to remove, then use the pore strips with hot water. After about 25 minutes, I peel the pore strips off. The silver powder helps get rid of like 50% more blackheads than without! NOW I can say my nose is almost 100% clear of blackheads. I do this about once every two weeks. This tub will last me at least a year. This is such a good value. This is a must have product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is really good for blackheads! For $12, it is an amazing price. I usually put it on my nose and chin, then use my Clarisonic and it gets the blackheads out easily. I try to use this every other night, as it really keeps me from getting blackheads. I have sensitive combo skin and my boyfriend has oily skin and it works amazing for him too.

Oh, and I've read reviews about the packaging being annoying, but I just tap a little bit into the lid so I don't have to put the wet cotton ball into the whole jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by CupcakeKisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If this product keeps giving me such quick results, it'll be HG status in no time. I picked this up at Ulta along with MB Keratoplast Cream Soap, MB Healing Cream, MB Buffering Lotion, and MB Drying Lotion. I have moderately sensitive combination acne prone skin. I used the Silver Powder after getting out of the shower and I could literally see results after my first application. I used a bit too much so I needed a wet cloth to wipe away the chalky residue but the redness level was like night and day- had I used a wet cloth on my face to even lightly scrub before this product, I would've been looking like a tomato for the rest of the day. Something in the Powder is very calming. I saw instant results with the size of my pores as well as great oil control. Usually when I wake up it looks like an oil tanker has crashed and spilled all over my face but the morning after using the Powder for the first time I was simply dewy. After my first use, my skin felt and looked clearer and I honestly felt more confident without makeup. Why 4 lips instead of 5: Powder flakes off and you inhale some but that could just be me over applying. Not a fan of the chalky residue making look paler than I already am, either. I use the cotton ball as directed. It just seems simpler than mixing a paste and painting it on with a brush as some users have suggested. I can see where that would work better for some people for sure, though. Like any product you just have to find which method feels best for you.

If you're looking for oil control that won't leave you dry, I HIGHLY recommend MB Silver Powder. So glad I found this product!