Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Arginine HCl, Lysine HCl, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Methylisothiazolinone, Honey, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

on 2/4/2011 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! What a great conditioner. I have tried them all. So many times have been talked into expensive salon brands by hair dressers, only to be so disappointed by their performance and price. This stuff is super affordable and leaves my hair moisturized far better than any expensive brand. Love the shampoo too!

on 12/21/2010 9:34:00 PM

I was not expecting to like this, but it's really good! I don't need much, either, and considering how much hair I have, that says a lot!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have course, mega dry relaxed hair. My thyroid issues have made my hair like velcro. It sticks together and literally have to rip it apart, which causes the ripping sound. Yeah, makes me cringe, too. I went from thick MBL to paper thin SL in the course of a few months.

So anyway, this conditioner is one of the very few that works for me. Makes my hair semi-soft (I doubt my hair will ever be soft & normal again) moisturizes nicely and gives good slip.

It's nice and thick, smells good too. If it works for my ridiculous excuse for hair, it should work for just about anyone.

on 11/19/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Yuck this is supposed to be dupe of Nexxus conditioner but
guess what this doesnt even compare Suve humectant
conditiner is very liquidy, smell very sweet yuck make me sick, it make my hair very dull , flat, lifeless exactly opposive I Hate it :( I thrown mine on bathroom.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this conditioner. I have extremely curly hair and it makes my hair less frizzy and soft

on 9/19/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this because I'm on a tight budget. I got a gigantic bottle of this for $3 so its a great price. Normally I would say that Suave has decent/great quality for the price point but not with this conditioner!

It feels like it will be moisturizing and de-tangling in the shower but as soon as your hair is dry its the opposite. My hair feels like straw and is tangled. Its totally unmanageable, totally the opposite for what you feel a conditioner should do. My hair is not even that bad. I haven't gotten a hair cut in awhile but when I use my Dove conditioner my hair is great.

The bottle says now more moisturizing. I don't know about that. I don't even want to know how it was before they made this change, lol. This says its for dry hair individuals but I really don't see how this could moisturize dry hair. I definitely do not recommend this product. Try the Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner I like that a lot better.

UPDATE: I have gotten a haircut and this stuff is performing better but it is still not as good as the Almond Shea Butter conditioner. I still have problems with detangling and dry ends. I cut off a lot of hair too so its not that for sure. Also I leave this in for at least 5 minutes like all my other conditioners. I bought a bottle of what I like from Suave. Definitely will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have thick, coarse hair that tends to dry out easily. I purchased a bottle of this conditioner as a replacement for my more expensive conditioner, and it's been pretty good so far. The texture is nice and thick, and it left my hair feeling soft and manageable. However, the scent leaves a little to be desired, but it's not unpleasant. I use this along with a weekly deep conditioner, as it's not conditioning enough to use on its own for extended periods of time. For a daily conditioner, however, it's a great bargain.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My hair is pretty normal, natural brunette, slightly coarse & tends to dry out & get split ends if I'm not careful. Lately I've been tight on cash so I switched to this brand. Dirt cheap & it works! The product doesn't feel very rich out of the bottle like the conditioners I usually like but it still does one heck of a job. The only problem I have with this particular conditioner is the scent. It STINKS. And after a few hours if makes my hair smell dirty. The bottle compares this to Nexxus products. If Nexxus smells like this I will never use their stuff. Ugh. I'm liking Suave more & more though. It seem the quality of their stuff have really improved. I switched to their Rosemary Mint Aveda knockoff. Much much better scent wise. Performance is outstanding. Very pleased with Suave.

PROS: Very inexpensive. I would say this is just a tiny bit more cleansing than the Nexxus "Humectress" that this is a dupe for. Pleasant and somewhat soft scent.

CONS: There really isn't one.

APPLICATION TIPS: Towel dry hair before application for even deeper moisturization.

ALTERNATES: For a little more moisturizing, I prefer Weightless Conditioner Detangler by Motions (found in the African American hair section in my Walmart). For a lot more moisture, try L'Oreal's Nature's Therapy "Mega Moisture" or "Mega Strength." (The last two can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply.)

on 8/26/2010 11:06:00 PM

I have to agree with lilpumpkin. This shampoo and conditioner both SUCK...that is they both sucked the moisture out of my hair. It also left my hair dry, very difficult to comb through, and darker than usual! I would never buy it again.