July 28, 2014 | 2014 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This was one of those products where I just intuitively knew that I would hate it but decided to try it anyways because well heck, it was only $3 and there has been so much hype surrounding this bronzer for the past 2 or so years. The second I got this bronzer home, I took out my bronzer brush and went to use it. I was shocked off the bat that a bronzer that was so orange could gain so much hype. I dipped my brush in the bronzer, tapped the excess off on my back of my hand and then went to bronze of my face. Let me tell you, this stuff does not blend out well. Where you put it is where it will stay, looking horribly harsh. So with my obviously bronzed face which I tried to blend out without any luck to the death, I decided it would be a day in. 2 hours later I looked in the mirror and the bronzer was completely gone with no sign it had ever existed. What an absolute crap product, it almost makes me want to return it! To sum it up, this bronzer is orange, patchy, doesn't blend and doesn't last. I'm shocked that people compared this to Benefit's Hoola! Would not repurchase and definitely wouldn't recommend.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by vivthai

I dropped the product from 2-3 ft and the lid broke off... But this product is pretty nice. The color is surprisingly not orange and I definatly know when bronzers are like that. It makes you look nice and tan, I apply in the contour area on my cheek.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by classicbelle

This broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. I'm a fair/neutral redhead and this is just perfect for adding a bit of color and sunshine...the price point can't be beat and it's been gentle on my very acne prone/sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

There is absolutely no pigmentation in this product at all! So disappointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

I've been annoyed and flabbergasted for the longest time because it seems impossible to find truly matte products these days. I'm not 14 years old, and I don't want to be lit up like a disco ball. That said, I was beyond excited when I saw that this bronzer is utterly matte. It's super buildable AND blend-able. The color is great for my skin tone, although others complain about the orange tone. It is (very) slightly orange, but for my skin tone (light, but with warm undertones and dark freckles), it looks perfectly natural and complimentary. I wear it on the cheeks and around the perimeter of my face (upper forehead and jawline) and lightly on the nose and chin. It can be dusted all over, or use it like you would a blush. My only complaint is its staying power, but for 2-4 dollars, you can't expect perfection. The packaging makes up for the lack of staying power. I can easily throw it in my purse and reapply in the middle of the day. For me, this is the perfect bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Love this! Nice shade, blends nicely, looks natural. Only thing is there's no hinge between the two plates, it's just plastic, so I feel like opening it too much too often could break it. But I love this stuff! It adds a nice glow to my skin and is good for contouring.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This bronzer did not work for me at all. For reference, i have light olive/warm skin (i'm half Asian),combination skin leaning towards dry. It turns orange on me immediately, and is also somewhat patchy on application. I'm sure if you're cool-toned, this would probably work. It is matte with no sparkle, so I guess that's a plus (don't find many drugstore bronzers like that).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by seaofLove87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can really understand why this is hyped up on the tube. It's a matte, affordable, easy access bronzer. Which is hard to come by in the drugstores. However, the color is too orangey for me. I'm a medium skin tone too. It goes on patchy and is kinda difficult to blend out. To get some use out of it I'll put it in my crease sometimes as a transition shade. Overall, would not repurchase and I say look for other alternatives. (My fave drugstore bronzer is Revlon's Photoready Bronzer in Bronzed & Chic)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by SummerSmiles25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After hearing so many people rave about this bronzer I went and bought it but it was a disappointment.This bronzer broke me out every time I used it and it's way too orange,I have fair asian skin with yellow undertones.Plus it doesn't last,I'm not even sure if it lasts an hour.The price is great but it's not for me.