October 21, 2014 | 1579 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is truly what a clarifying mud mask should be. It is medicated, but while it treats breakouts and impurities, it nourishes, tightens gently, and sucks out excess oil, all without leaving you dry, irritated, or parched. In fact, you feel refreshed and nourished and super clean. I have used this on problem-skin days and also when I just needed a pick me up. It truly is a multi-tasker and never fails to do the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by NKH59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given some samples of this mask by the Medispa I go to, and I finally had to purchase my own jar. My skin feels so great after using this, and it is a great overnight blemish healer/shrinker. I was given a suggestion for when the skin is really dull, to apply, then get in the shower and cleanse with the Simply Clean and Clarisonic to remove the mask. Great results, like a minispa in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by droberson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably the only Skinceuticals product I've tried that I would buy again. It works well at drawing impurities out of the skin without overdrying like alot of clay masks can. It also doesn't dry like the Mojave desert, cracking and hurting your skin as it dries. It lasts a long time too using once a week. If you use more often probably wouldn't last very long and then maybe not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Marie1982

I would love to give this product a 5 but I need to hold off, since I've only used it once. The results are GREAT. I read a review here by someone who's dermatologist recommended using this mask to counter the drying, dulling effects of Differin. I am on Retin-A and experienced similar problems. My acne is mild to moderate (moderate as of late, hence the Retin-A) and I had to make a choice as to whether or not I want clear yet dull skin or healthy, glowy skin sprinkled with acne. The retin-a micro works so great but is so strong. After one use of this mask my skin is soft and glowing! After using this mask I also used skinceuticals b-5 gel and acne gel. The combo is amazing. The mask made the biggest difference, though by sloughing off all of that dead skin. It did not make my skin burn or itch, nor was it irritating in any way whatsoever. I recommend this product along with checking out the skinceuticals line in general to complement RX acne products.
UPDATE: Still love this and love it even more actually. (I changed my rating to 5 stars from 4) The first week I used it it brought a few clogged pores and zits to surface and heal. Now it is simply helping to keep my skin clear AND restores that glow that I had before I started using retin-a. This is wonderful and will definately repurchase when gone, but it should last a while. My advice while using this product is: Only use once a week while using retinoids, because twice a week will cause too much dryness. Do not use your retin-a after using this mask to prevent overdrying (Your skin will appreciate the break!) After using this product I use Skinceuticals b5 gel and then a light moisturizer. The B5 gel is phenomenal and is also helping to restore my glow. Good luck and enjoy!
UPDATE: It's been 5 monthes and I'm still loving this. It has the best results of any facial mask I've ever used!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by raquelklahr

This is an awsome product. Use it once or twice a week to have clean, exfoliated skin. The ingredients include some AHA's which for some may cause some stinging. However I like that because when I can feel something happening I should see results. If I have a pimple show up on my face I put a dab of the mask on it and leave it on while I sleep, by morning 60% of my pimples are gone. Some take a few nights to get rid of. this is how I keep from having acne. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, I really like this mask. I like that it isn't over-drying and has ingredients proven to work on the skin from within. My skin looks glowy and soft when I wash it off, and the best part is, it looks even better the next morning. It's expensive, but I get it on eBay for less. I think I like it better than the Indian Healing Clay which I think is too drying in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by krimsingoste

This is the best mask I've tried and will last a long time for the price. Did not irritate my skin a bit, and left it so soft and clear. I use this as a spot treatment too sometimes and blemishes clear up very quickly. The mask is a light green color and you just need a little bit to cover face as it spreads quite easily. It does not completely harden and is quite easy to wash off. I use this once to twice a week in conjunction with pyto corrective gel, retinol, and renew overnight oily. Nothing has changed my skin as much as this line!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by amietron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this Skinceuticals mask. The consistency of the clay is very dry and it's a little difficult to get it out of the jar if you have long nails. I think the best way to use this is to warm it up a little bit between your fingers before applying it to your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by BriChz

My dermatologist recommended that I use this mask in conjunction with the Differin cream she prescribed for my acne and I'm so glad she did - it's wonderful! The Differin has done a beautiful job of clearing up my skin, but it makes it dull and dry. This is perfect for exfoliating my blah skin, making it noticeably softer and smoother. The mask doesn't dry out my skin as some of the other reviews caution - it has quite the opposite effect by sloughing off the top layer of dead skin. It also seems to soothe any pimples I might have and make them heal faster than if I hadn't applied the mask.
I would definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a clarifying mask!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very nice clarifying mask that contains 5% AHA and bentonite clay. I use a BHA treatment first ( Neotrogena's salicylic acne peel) and then apply a thin layer of this. Comes in a heavy frosted glass container. I purchased this as part of a 4 piece acne kit. Contains parabens. Update: This does not work any better than Queen Helene, DDF, Desert Essence, Avon, Clinique Emergency or Aubrey Clay masks I have used. If you have really oily skin try Glytone Sulfur Clay mask.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No