April 17, 2014 | 1585 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by raquelklahr

This is an awsome product. Use it once or twice a week to have clean, exfoliated skin. The ingredients include some AHA's which for some may cause some stinging. However I like that because when I can feel something happening I should see results. If I have a pimple show up on my face I put a dab of the mask on it and leave it on while I sleep, by morning 60% of my pimples are gone. Some take a few nights to get rid of. this is how I keep from having acne. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, I really like this mask. I like that it isn't over-drying and has ingredients proven to work on the skin from within. My skin looks glowy and soft when I wash it off, and the best part is, it looks even better the next morning. It's expensive, but I get it on eBay for less. I think I like it better than the Indian Healing Clay which I think is too drying in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by krimsingoste

This is the best mask I've tried and will last a long time for the price. Did not irritate my skin a bit, and left it so soft and clear. I use this as a spot treatment too sometimes and blemishes clear up very quickly. The mask is a light green color and you just need a little bit to cover face as it spreads quite easily. It does not completely harden and is quite easy to wash off. I use this once to twice a week in conjunction with pyto corrective gel, retinol, and renew overnight oily. Nothing has changed my skin as much as this line!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by amietron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this Skinceuticals mask. The consistency of the clay is very dry and it's a little difficult to get it out of the jar if you have long nails. I think the best way to use this is to warm it up a little bit between your fingers before applying it to your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by BriChz

My dermatologist recommended that I use this mask in conjunction with the Differin cream she prescribed for my acne and I'm so glad she did - it's wonderful! The Differin has done a beautiful job of clearing up my skin, but it makes it dull and dry. This is perfect for exfoliating my blah skin, making it noticeably softer and smoother. The mask doesn't dry out my skin as some of the other reviews caution - it has quite the opposite effect by sloughing off the top layer of dead skin. It also seems to soothe any pimples I might have and make them heal faster than if I hadn't applied the mask.
I would definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a clarifying mask!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very nice clarifying mask that contains 5% AHA and bentonite clay. I use a BHA treatment first ( Neotrogena's salicylic acne peel) and then apply a thin layer of this. Comes in a heavy frosted glass container. I purchased this as part of a 4 piece acne kit. Contains parabens. Update: This does not work any better than Queen Helene, DDF, Desert Essence, Avon, Clinique Emergency or Aubrey Clay masks I have used. If you have really oily skin try Glytone Sulfur Clay mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by nemisuscat

I was never going to purchase this mask when it was recommended to me because i was using another clay mask that i liked in conjunction with a glycolic acid mask - but i decided to give it a go. This mask is excellent. The people at skinceuticals website actually recommended to place the Blemish Control Gel on and wait for it to dry and then place the Clay Mask on top. I leave it on for around 25-30 minutes. After washing it off, I could already start to see my skin looking less congested! I hope it wasnt just my imagination. The next day my blackheads look less noticable and I did not break out from using it. Would highly recommend this. It was not drying and left the skin feeling matte and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Chaw

This is my HG mask. I have not had luck with other Skinceutical products (have had major acne breakouts), but this product is perfect. It clears my pores and leaves my skin smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received sample tubes of this product and it took me about 6 months to use them up. So, you get a very generous amount for testing purposes. I do love this stuff...it is a light olive-minty green color with no offensive odor. It has a creamy semi-thick texture, which applies smoothly and readily. It dries to an even lighter minty green color and, when dry, rinses off fairly easy. The skin is left with a smooth, even, clear look to it and is really quite soft to the touch. At first, I thought I might never bother with this stuff again after using up the samples; however, since you need so very little of it and that it performs in such a gentle yet highly effective manner, I decided to invest in the full-size product. It comes in a frosted jar but, unfortunately, with no spatula (I use my own). I actually bought this as part of an acne-kit from an online spa for 20% off the entire sale. The other items in the kit are as effective as this product. I do love this line of skincare products...high quality, strong science behind the manufacturing, and extremely effective...the results on my skin are remarkable!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Luckily I got a sample of this and did not purchase the full size. I have had good luck with other Skinceuticals products but this broke me out -- badly. I have never used a product with glycolic acid in it before, so maybe that is the culprit. From what I read in various reviews, G.A. may cause some people's skin to "purge." That may be the case for me. I'm definitely not going to keep on using it to see if it gets better, though, because we're talking huge red welts on my otherwise pale cheeks so that I look rather diseased:-(