October 20, 2014 | 2007 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by twogun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this prouct a lot and blends well with my Supermoisture makeup. However, I wouldn't have based a decision on the reviews here because they seem to be all over the place. It seems to me that some of the people are unhappy about things they could have found out by looking at the box. So, I bought this anyway and am really pleased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by gods21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great sunscreen, it evens out skin tone if i use the right amount but if i put too much on it can kind of make my skin look a bit flaky, nothing to complain too much about though as it seems to dissapear as the day goes on. Also has good anti-o's and is non irritating.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by phoenixjn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this on and off for more then 10 years. The only reason I give it a 4 not a 5 is that it is not waterproof. But you can't have everything. This is one of the only sunscreens out there that does not make me break out. Which is quite a feat, since everything seems to make me break out! Even the sunscreen my dermatologist gave me made me break out, so I went back to this one. It also evens out the skin tone a little which is nice. With a touch of powder over it it can serve as a light base. But it does not have a lot of coverage. It is sheer enough my husband can use it too. He also has problems with chemical sunscreens. If you are dark skinned however it might be too light.

Update: They changed to formula it's no longer good. I switched to the Nia 24 Sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by malme

I wasn't sure about this ss since i ve read so many diffrent opinions about it. but....i gave it a try. and i'm so glad that i did. i put on just a little and it blends really nice. it leaves my skin smooth fresh and glowing. ah, i forgot to mention that i have a combo skin that is oily on the t-zone and normal to cheeks. after a gave up bc pill i had a major hormonal breakout and i was very very careful of what i was puting on my face. now that i have managent to calm my face i started the city block. its the best ss i ve ever had and i will definately purchase it since it s so nice on my face. i took off one lippie because i dont know if this will block my pores and because here in greece is quite expensive, 26 euro for the 40 ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by melly9275

I really like this product, it totally evens out my complexion, making it LOOK like a have on perfectly matched foundation on without having to make sure it's blended properly nor finding the right shade. I find it a little bit heavy, which isn't saying much because if I'm not wearing this product, I'm not wearing anything. I sure feel a lot more polished when I do put it on, and I'm getting the skin protection I need to boot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by celeste_85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this for four years now, I am rarely loyal to products and compulsively try new things, but I have been so consistently happy with this product that I have stuck with it. I have combination skin with a tendency to break out and this product does not aggravate my skin, it provides effective sun protection and is relatively inexpensive for the quality of product IMO.

I use it everyday and have never noticed the tint of the product rubbing off on my clothes. It also helps my makeup last longer. The only bad thing about it is it sometimes causes my skin to feel a tad dry, but that is easily taken care of with a bit of moisturizer.

Overall, a great sunscreen and a staple for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by SewaBunni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After becoming sick of chemical sun blockers irritating my skin, I decided to try Clinique Super City Block SPF25.
This provides a slight tint, which leaves a small amount of ghosting on my skin. However, my skintone is very pale and this does the job of making my skin look more even, which works as a light foundation without looking like I'm wearing anything on my face.
This leaves my face looking slightly shiny for about 30min until it soaks in properly. This is hardly a moisturiser for my combination skin, and after wearing it a couple of days by itself, I decided to put it on after a light coating of Olay lotion. This did the trick! This method leaves me with moisturised, even-toned, sun-protected skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by yunhebao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this for many months and I find it to be a pretty decent sunblock. It doesn't feel oily or greasy like other sunblocks, and I can put it on my skin after using moisturizers and still not feel heavey. I will definitely re-purchase :-) however I think i want to try out the spf 40 super city block first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 4:55:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Got it as a sample, works relatively well. Not greasy and has a okay smell that doesn't stick to you all day. Pretty expensive though. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this just to see if it was worth any hype and sadly to say, it wasn't. At least not for me. I've had better stuff from the drugstore. I was surprised it had a slight tint, because I wasn't expecting a TM. However, it wasn't enough to show on my skin, and I'm pretty pale (NC15). The worst thing about this wasn't that it was tinted, it was that it was sticky and hard to blend, felt like it took forever to settle into my skin before I could apply the rest of my mu. I expected better from Clinique, supposedly known for their skincare (?)