Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this as much as I love Redness Solutions...I use the whole line of Clinique Redness Solutions and for the days I want a natural look I use my 3 step skin care(Redness Solutions) and then apply City Block and I am ready for a day in the sun. Carry City Block with you and apply every two hours. You will be glad you did and your face will love you;-)

I don't really know what to say about this product....well i've been using it on and off and have bought 4 tubes of it by far....i remember when i first started using it(which was about 5 years ago) i didn't like it that much as i didn't use any make up back then...and it just felt a bit greesy even if it claims that it's oil free, i guess all sunblock products will have the same effect no matter how light and non-greasy they claim themselves to be.

Only untill last year when i finish a primer, i've decided to try this one out again as the previous primer that i used didnt have SPF in it and i had to apply sunscreen before i put that primer on..anyway so i decided to go for this product again given that it's a primer, a sunscreen and it blocks environmental harmness, and it's gentle. I can't say that i can see a dramatic effect it does to my skin but i guess sometimes you just need something that you feel safe to use a long way. It doesnt cause any breakouts, very gentle on the skin, and i havent had any bad experience with it at all, so i'd say it is a safe product for daily use.

Not too expensive given the fact that it's got 40ml in a tube and it does last a fairly long time. It has a light tint in it which to be honest i would prefer it not to have, but it doesn't bother me too much as i apply foundation on top of it anyway...

So yeah, i would purchase it again for all the reasons listed above plus i havent seen any other products within the same price range that i would like to give such a long term commitment to.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Okay, I used to use the City Block 15 that was DC'd so I'm checking their new version and hoping it was the same.

But it's NOT. Le sigh.

Came across this tidbit when I was looking into it:

"The ingredient of concern is angelica archangelica root oil. According to our investigation this ingredient may have some antioxidant ability but it contains photosensitive constituents that increase the chances of UV-radiation caused damage. It is puzzling why Clinique would put a light-sensitive ingredient in a sun protection"

So much for it being oil free too.
So basically it can cause damage that I'm trying to avoid. Umm..no thanks. Wanted to post this so others know they may be getting more sun damage from this product.

The search continues for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love the City block SPF 25. When i'm applying it, it makes my face look very washed out and pale initially put it settles down in a couple of minutes so it doesn't matter. It is a bit heavy but i don't mind that at all i just give it a few minutes to settle before I apply my foundation. It has a kinda pleasant smell for a sunblock. I like how it acts as a primer too. It doesn't cause me any extra oiliness in my t-zone and my make-up sits nicely on top of it. Some people don't like it because of the apparent tint in it but i hardly see a tint its more just like a glowy cream that blends away to hardly anything and it absorbs quickly and leaves your skin natural anyway so i dont see a problem there. Overall I really like it and don't have any major dislikes about it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've used this product on and off over the years....I used to find it heavy but as my skin has gotten drier, this doesn't bother me so much. I've noticed on my most recent go round that the tint seems a bit more 'orange-y' and that application requires more blending. I would re-purchase but only if I can't find a s/s I like better. I need to use a physical so this is one easily available option. Not the greatest but not the worst either.

I used it as my foundation, and I really really adore it <3

I was looking for a foundation when I started to use make up, so the Clinique SA recommend me this product. At first I was quite skeptical as the colour has this pinkish tone that I think will look horrible in my yellowish- slightly tanned Asian skin. But when I applied it to my face, it gives a natural glow which is the main reason that I love it :)

Am not sure if it really do a good job as a sunscreen, however since now I just used make up once in a while, I realized that my skin tone now is kinda darker compared to last year when I still religiously wearing make up. But since I always treat this product as a foundation, I don't realize that it is actually a sunscreen lol.

It does make your face turn oily (for me it takes 1 hour in outdoor+daytime when I dont use primer and 2 hour when I used it with primer), so now I'm looking for a HG primer which can make it last longer :)

conclusion
lasting power : 1 to 2 hr (outdoor, daytime, tropical weather)
protection : moderate
bonus : healthy glow :))

Okay, I dont think this one is discontinued....at least in China and Denmark.

I have used up at least 6 tubes of this,even though I don't really like it....
Kinda of weird but I just feel safe if I put it on my face every morning.

It was the first sun block product I reached when I was in highschool.Yes this could be super expensive for a normal highschool girl.In China this is double priced than in US or any airport dutyfree shops. I guess I was hooked mainly because of its elements for sunblock is basic on physics but not chemistry(>
I bought 2 of this in Denmark last year.Even though the package, the name are all the same with what i used in China.But the texture is super thick to me!And doesn't even my skin tone at all!I really really missed my chinese version while I took patience in using them up!

Since I will stay in Euro at least 4 years more,I wont buy any of this any of this product again since I really hate the ones i bought in Denmark!

Always make sure a good moisture before apply this on.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this prouct a lot and blends well with my Supermoisture makeup. However, I wouldn't have based a decision on the reviews here because they seem to be all over the place. It seems to me that some of the people are unhappy about things they could have found out by looking at the box. So, I bought this anyway and am really pleased.

Great sunscreen, it evens out skin tone if i use the right amount but if i put too much on it can kind of make my skin look a bit flaky, nothing to complain too much about though as it seems to dissapear as the day goes on. Also has good anti-o's and is non irritating.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this on and off for more then 10 years. The only reason I give it a 4 not a 5 is that it is not waterproof. But you can't have everything. This is one of the only sunscreens out there that does not make me break out. Which is quite a feat, since everything seems to make me break out! Even the sunscreen my dermatologist gave me made me break out, so I went back to this one. It also evens out the skin tone a little which is nice. With a touch of powder over it it can serve as a light base. But it does not have a lot of coverage. It is sheer enough my husband can use it too. He also has problems with chemical sunscreens. If you are dark skinned however it might be too light.

Update: They changed to formula it's no longer good. I switched to the Nia 24 Sunscreen.