April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Cherries In The Snow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the only red lipstick I can wear: most reds clash with my strawberry blonde hair and/or wash out what little color my skin has. Cherries in the Snow is a sharp blue-red on me - no pink, and certainly not fuchsia.
I often get compliments on it although one BF objected, saying it was "too cartoon-y." I wore it anyway. I love cartoons. :p
This stuff lasts all day and night, and turns itself into a lovely stain after several hours. Application must be done V carefully since errors are not easily rectified!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! It's the perfect red for me. I wore it to church and received several compliments. It gives a classic flare that I absolutely love...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Liajul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this color since it comes out to be a cherry red, not a straight up red. I saw ppl here mentioning it turned fushiaish on them. I don't like true reds..I have olive tone skin and red doesnt go with what I wear anyway. So, It's expected that it be "cherry" red and once that fades off, it will of course turn to pink. It's less serious than a red but still is serious color that's not too pink. I only wish Revlon's lipsticks would have better caps that stay on over time..but overall Love the color. Love that they have the np to match too. update 9/32/12: This color is actually beautiful on yellow /olive skinned girls. Despite what was mentioned by other raters.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Color: On me, Cherries in the Snow is fuchsia with no trace of red. My lips tend to turn lipsticks pinker than they look in the tube, so your mileage may vary. But I'd describe the color as a slightly darker version of Revlon Colorburst in Fuchsia: a bold (and, in my opinion, very pretty) magenta. I have pale, cool-toned skin and dark hair and I find the color flattering.

Formula: I've tried a few Super Lustrous lipsticks that felt greasy and faded very quickly, but Cherries in the Snow is a nice exception. The formula isn't terribly moisturizing, and applying lip balm before the lipstick isn't a bad idea.
But it lasted me several hours and faded evenly; I drank a cup of coffee and a glass of wine and was pleasantly surprised that most of the color stayed on my lips. I suspect you'd have to reapply after a meal, but that's not a drawback for me.

Overall: Definitely recommend. I can see why this lipstick is still popular after 60 years!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by waffle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I'd totally rock this lipstick, but I was wrong. I have very cool toned fair skin, with dark hair and eyes -- the type of coloring that should be perfect for this lipstick! Plus I like bold pinks and reds. But this lipstick... bold doesn't even describe it. It's a mix of in-your-face fuchsia and hot pink. The hot pink, I can handle. But the fuchsia... I can't. I just can't! But I can see some folks really rocking this for a night out clubbing or fun ladies night.

I do think that it does make a really pretty stain, though. So I'll probably use it for that.

PS: Revlon's Love That Red is everything I wanted Cherries in the Snow to be. It's a beautiful hot pink with a touch of red. No fuchsia.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love Love Love this color this is the best Red that I have ever put on my lips. I am so in Love with this color. I have a backup and will get a backup of my backup. I cant wait to get another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't look right on me, but gave it 4 lippies because you can't roll a color like this under the bus. I loved the texture, just bright in an odd way on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On me (a light cool-toned complexion with a mix of pink and yellow undertones), Cherries in the Snow rides along the undercurrents of being a rose and/or a berry while actually remaining a cool pink-based -if fuchsia were a red- red.

That sounded less complicated in my head. What I mean to say is that depending on the lighting and what colors I'm wearing, Cherries in the Snow sometimes verges on being more of a rose or more of a berry (both on the cool side, which on my winter complexion are both very flattering), although it's actually a fuchsia pinkish red. It seems important to say though that on me, Cherries in the Snow is still a red, I don't find it ACTUALLY pink as some other reviewers have.

I find this lipstick to be extremely versatile; not only for the sometimes-rose, sometimes-berry, always red variations in color it provides but because depending on how you apply, it can create a lovely and subtle stain, a standout dramatic lip, and even a very pretty "oh I'm just a little flushed here coming in from the cold" cream blush. The texture is creamy and not drying, the finish is matte (no sparkles or shimmer here), and the level of pigmentation is excellent so color lasts all day barring meals. And it's cheap. There really aren't many negatives that I can think of unless you better suit warmer reds or prefer more nude colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by rookiemk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

With a name like Cherries In The Snow, I was expecting a true, blue toned red, but,instead, Cherries In The Snow is a bold fuchsia/magenta lipstick. Surprisingly, I have no problem with the lipstick. I tend to thick fuchsia/magenta is my version of a "red lip". I do think the name is misleading though. Others may expect a blue toned red so, in that aspect, I deduct a lippie for that. But, as far as formula, nice, creamy and smooth lipstick with no funky lipstick taste or smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by QueenPam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE, LOVE this lipstick! I am always stopped by strangers complimenting the color. It lasts literally all day, I've fallen asleep with it and it didn't come off. Depending on how much you apply really depends on how deep the color will look. If I apply some of it, it's more of a pink, but a lot of it will make it look red. Either way, I love it. I recently spent $30 on a YSL lipstick and it doesn't even come close to this one!