November 28, 2014 | 1074 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Cherries In The Snow 440

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

- Lovely dep red-plum colour with a hint of pink
- Very pigmented, long-lasting
- Looks darling against pale skin
- Worn by the lovely Rose McGowan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Surprisingly nice quality lipstick! Goes on smoothly, very pigmented, and doesn't slide around like other drugstore lipsticks (ahem, Maybelline..). It also doesn't have that cheap taste and smell (like Rimmel & Wet n Wild). It's totally unscented. It doesn't dry lips out either, like many other drugstore lippies.
The best thing about this lipstick is that it doubles as a lip stain! I swear, it will not budge - for hours, even after eating and drinking. It completely stains the lips, better than real "lip stains" do. I've tried the new YSL glossy lip stain, the Balm's Stainiac, Tarte's stain, Benefit's Benetint & Posietint, and Vincent Longo's famous one, and this beats all of them, hands down!

Unfortunately, this is not the right shade for me, so I had to return it. If you have a yellow based (warm) skin tone, this will look garish on you because it is so blue based. It just looked off on me. I exchanged it for the shade Love that Pink, a yellow based hot pink, and it's perfect for my warm very pale complexion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Can't believe I've not reviewed this until now as this is one of my favourite bold lipsticks! Cherries In The Snow is packed with pigment and is creamy and oh-so-easy to apply, the PERFECT formulation. Although, the shade name is quite misleading (I initially thought it was going to be a cherry red) it's quite the gorgeous shade of raspberry almost red bright pinky colour, quite hard to explain actually! but this does get two thumbs up, I have no lipstick like it and it is relatively affordable as opposed to the likes of Bobbi Brown, MAC etc. will recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a soft spot for Revlon lipsticks. Let me get out of the way the reason for deducting two lippies. Compared to Julie Hewett, Revlon's lipsticks don't have the same moistness over an extended amount of time, due to the fact JH lipsticks having a bit of camellia oil unlike Revlon. In terms of color choice and leaving an even stain as it wears away, I find Lipstick Queen outperforms Revlon. But, when you think about it, it speaks well of Revlon that it does as well as it does compared to brands costing over twice as much.
I do get what people mean about it sometimes "pulling fuschia". With me, I've found Cherries in the Snow is borderline on me: with certain outfits, it looks redder and with others pinker. But, I'm not actually faulting it for being like that; if you eat as many ripe cherries as I do, you realize that ripe cherries are a shade of red that has a tinge of pink or purple. But, when it does pull pink on me, it's still very wearable. The main reason I'm reviewing this product is to offer a tip to people who have found Cherries in the Snow too bright pink or fuschia when they try it. My favorite way to wear this lipstick is to put a dot of it in my palm, then get a dab of clear balm (I do Smith's or Perfumeria Gal, but even plain Vaseline would work), and mix the balm into the dot of lipstick. Then, I apply the mixture to my lips with my finger. Doing it this way sheers it out enough that the shade is rendered a juicy, more natural shade--like cherry stained lips or a girl who has just eaten a popsicle, while at the same time, offering a little more pigment than a lipgloss would. So, if you've applied this lipstick straight to your lips and not liked the results, try my method. For that matter, people who like to apply it straight should consider experimenting with my method--it's nice to know a product's versatility. Anyway, I have a definite affection for this lipstick and understand why it has such diehard fans. I like that it's the kind of color you can wear in warm and cold weather. Yes, I will buy this product again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the only red lipstick I can wear: most reds clash with my strawberry blonde hair and/or wash out what little color my skin has. Cherries in the Snow is a sharp blue-red on me - no pink, and certainly not fuchsia.
I often get compliments on it although one BF objected, saying it was "too cartoon-y." I wore it anyway. I love cartoons. :p
This stuff lasts all day and night, and turns itself into a lovely stain after several hours. Application must be done V carefully since errors are not easily rectified!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! It's the perfect red for me. I wore it to church and received several compliments. It gives a classic flare that I absolutely love...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Liajul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this color since it comes out to be a cherry red, not a straight up red. I saw ppl here mentioning it turned fushiaish on them. I don't like true reds..I have olive tone skin and red doesnt go with what I wear anyway. So, It's expected that it be "cherry" red and once that fades off, it will of course turn to pink. It's less serious than a red but still is serious color that's not too pink. I only wish Revlon's lipsticks would have better caps that stay on over time..but overall Love the color. Love that they have the np to match too. update 9/32/12: This color is actually beautiful on yellow /olive skinned girls. Despite what was mentioned by other raters.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Color: On me, Cherries in the Snow is fuchsia with no trace of red. My lips tend to turn lipsticks pinker than they look in the tube, so your mileage may vary. But I'd describe the color as a slightly darker version of Revlon Colorburst in Fuchsia: a bold (and, in my opinion, very pretty) magenta. I have pale, cool-toned skin and dark hair and I find the color flattering.

Formula: I've tried a few Super Lustrous lipsticks that felt greasy and faded very quickly, but Cherries in the Snow is a nice exception. The formula isn't terribly moisturizing, and applying lip balm before the lipstick isn't a bad idea.
But it lasted me several hours and faded evenly; I drank a cup of coffee and a glass of wine and was pleasantly surprised that most of the color stayed on my lips. I suspect you'd have to reapply after a meal, but that's not a drawback for me.

Overall: Definitely recommend. I can see why this lipstick is still popular after 60 years!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by waffle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I'd totally rock this lipstick, but I was wrong. I have very cool toned fair skin, with dark hair and eyes -- the type of coloring that should be perfect for this lipstick! Plus I like bold pinks and reds. But this lipstick... bold doesn't even describe it. It's a mix of in-your-face fuchsia and hot pink. The hot pink, I can handle. But the fuchsia... I can't. I just can't! But I can see some folks really rocking this for a night out clubbing or fun ladies night.

I do think that it does make a really pretty stain, though. So I'll probably use it for that.

PS: Revlon's Love That Red is everything I wanted Cherries in the Snow to be. It's a beautiful hot pink with a touch of red. No fuchsia.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love Love Love this color this is the best Red that I have ever put on my lips. I am so in Love with this color. I have a backup and will get a backup of my backup. I cant wait to get another one.