October 24, 2014 | 898 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by yasmeen1995

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! However, it didn't meet all my requirements (it could have been because I set my standards a bit too high). I expected it to eliminate dark circles under eyes completely. It reduced them by a bit, but they are still there. I still had some acne while using it that never left, but this is a skin brightening scrub, not an acne cleanser.

Overall, it left my skin a lot brighter than before and looks amazing now! And if you have sensitive skin, be sure not to rub it too hard because it can somewhat dry out your skin (from my own experience).

In conclusion, I recommend it and I would repurchase. It did a great job!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kavitabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product if only it didn't cost so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What a difference this face wash has made! While I can't say it has really "brightened" my skin that much, it is slowly but surely eliminating my blackheads with daily use. I have also noticed a dramatic difference in my acne. I'd always heard that acne can be caused by not enough exfoliation...but I didn't believe it until now. I took off one lippie because it tends to dry out my skin a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bananarama100

Excellent product! I use this daily (twice - morning and night) along with my perscribed Epiduo acne treatment which is also excellent. My skin is so soft and smooth after each application. And - suprisingly enough - it certainly does what it states! My complexion is a lot more brighter and even, even with the redness that the epiduo causes! It has been just a bit over a week since using this product and my pimples have decresed significantly. In fact, I believe I only have 2 very very small bumps that you can hardly notice. Now thats what I call a good scrub! I am very happy with this product and definitely recommend to all. It is a gentle scrub that is certainly caters for sensitive skin, even with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome face scrub!
Pros:
no break outs
doesnt dry out my skin (which is very dry to begin with)
actually brightens my complexion
washes away impurities
NO cons :)

A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. At this price point and performance, I'm a lifer. It's gentle, non-abrasive but scrubby enough that I can use this every day to keep those dead skin cells away at bay. Enough said.

EDIT: May 2012 - Will be discontinuing use. This worked for me for the longest time (last 2-3 years), but have been experiencing stinging/burning recently because skin has grown extra sensitive recently. I suspect it's the fragrance component of it. Will return to it if skin becomes more resistant in the future because it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mjcavazos

A little feedback on my skin:
I suffered from "Adult" acne starting at around age 22 (I am 28 now!) I tried SOOO many different products since then and I was finally able to get it under control. Since I used so many different creams, scrubs, pills, etc. I'm not too sure as to what got my acne under control, but I want to say it was thanks to the birth control pills. However, I have been off birth control pills since like 3 years ago, and my acne didn't flare up again. One thing I did change and still do till today is how clean and germ free I keep my face (from not touching my face with dirty hands, keeping my cell phone clean, and even sleeping on a clean pillowcase). I think that's helped A LOT too. I get the occasional pimple but no big deal.
Product review:
After battling with my acne, I was left with a whole bunch of scars. I am medium/olive skin color and any scar on my skin looks 10x worse and takes FOREVER to start fading! For the past about 3 years I was searching for the one product that would get rid of my scars. I am happy to say that this product did the job and I just discovered it about 8 months ago. However, I use this product together with the rotating brush from Olay pro-x cleansing system and it worked wonders that I even got my mother and brother hooked on it. I hardly have any signs of dark spots/scars now. I clean my face every morning and every night using the scrub with the rotating brush. It sometimes drys my skin a bit but it's all comes under control with my moisturizer. There has been days when I feel my skin a bit more dry than normal, and I fix that by using the brush only in the morning and not at night (but I still use the scrub using my hands). Also, if I wear makeup, I remove it with a makeup remover towelette before using the scrub and brush. I also use Vitamin E oil over night EVERY night to help keep the dryness out.
I'm not a person to write reviews, cause I'm kind lazy when it comes to that lol...but I really hope this helps people out there that have the same problems I have!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by saujun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Will not repurchase. This product is too harsh for my skin. It is quite scratchy and dries out my skin to the point I can't rush quickly enough to put on moisturizer. Not recommended for daily use. I ended up using the rest as a foot scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice gentle scrub! I use this once or twice a week depending on how my skin feels and it gets the job done without scratching and irritating my sensitive skin.The beads are just the right size and it foams up just a tiny bit and most importantly it doesnt dry my skin out like many other scrubs tend to do. It smells very fresh and its a nice treat for my skin at the end of the day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub! Not too harsh, not too light, just right for a scrub, a pleasant light scent and no residue. Leaves my skin soft and healthy looking. I prefer this one over the Fresh/smart essentials scub. I got my mom hooked on this scub too.