The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I like the scent, I don't mind the lingering scent at all. However it leaves behind an oily feeling. And it's not the same kind of oil left behind, as if you would have when you use their Body Butter?

The scrub was a bit like sugar granules, (versus the creamy ones like Coconut) and it was very harsh against my skin.

I did like using it on my legs though!

Don't like it, it melts upon contact with water, doesn't really have the scrubbing effect. I'd prefer the cream types like papaya.
Oh, and it leaves the oily feeling, which is supposed to be the moisturizing effect, but I didn't like it.

Dude did The Body Shop change formulas for their scrubs in the last few years or did I just not notice how bad they were before? This is like the shea scrub experience I had, smelled ok, scrubbiness of the scrub was ok, the weird skin I had afterwards? AWFUL. The only way I can describe it is if you use alcohol based hand sanitizer. You know if you use it a few times in a row without washing your hands you get that weird dry, and squeaky filmy stuff on your skin? That's what The Body Shop scrubs do to my skin. :( I would never buy this crap again. EVER.

I LOVE this body scrub. I don't understand why it got so low ratings. I really like the smell of mangos it reminds me of summer. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth, and I like to get out of the shower and smelling of mango and summer. HG!

I received mango body scrub, shower gel, soap and body butter as a gift. I like the body scrub the best. I don't mind that it is oily - I use this product my feet with a pumice stone. The body scrub smells better than the soap/gel/butter, but I am not sure that I will purchase this when it runs out...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the smell, but sersiouly dislike the oily feel after using.
The "moisturing" oily effect do not really give a moisture boost to the skin, it only act like a shield from the external harsh dry weather.

Do not recommend if you are living in a hot and humid country/town.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE the smell, LOVE the smooth (not harsh or painful) texture of the exfoliant, LOVE the way my skin feels during and after, and LOVE the compliments I get on how fresh and yummy I smell after I use this. HATE the price (IMO it's too much.. I just purchased a 5-gallon tub of mango ginger scrub at a beauty supply house for $15), HATE how I can never open the darn thing. I don't know what it is, maybe I got a defunct one, but I always have a hard time open and closing it. I would not buy again only because I feel it is a little expensive.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG body scrub... it totally dethroned Bum Deal by Benefit which is great since this is so much cheaper and does a way better job at exfoliating my skin. I have to admit though, unlike the mango body butter, this one doesnít smell entirely like mangos. It smells more like a fruit cocktail to meÖ which I donít mind at all. The texture of the scrub is perfect for me, its grainy but moisturizingÖ Iím surprised people have been complaining about how oily this thing isÖ I find that my body just absorbs it after the shower and Iím left with baby soft skin! I use this twice a week in conjunction with its body butter and I end up smelling absolutely divine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought the smaller version of this scrub on an impulse. I really like the mango smell, which is quite strong, but tolerable, if not used that frequently. The exfoliating power is average. I actually don't mind the oily residue it leaves on my skin. I find it quite moisturizing, and most of the residue comes of when you dry yourself with a towel anyways. However, I won't purchase again, because it's a bit irritating for my sensitive skin.

Ingredients: Octyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sucrose (Depilatory Agent), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil) (Emollient), Silica (Absorbent), Mangifera indica (Mango Seed Oil) (Emollient), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil) (Emollient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) (Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone) (Sunscreen), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Capsicum frutescens (Capsicum Extract) (Natural Additive), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amylcinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary Extract) (Natural Additive), Methyl 2-Octynoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Propylparaben (Preservative), Anisyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour).

Do you want this to smell like a tropical, far away dream? Then you MUST stay clear of this product. The smell is awfull. I tried to ignore it, but it haunts me. Really fake-smelling and definitely not mango-like. But I mean, as much as I care about smell, I look for other things in a scrub. This is not an everyday scrub, this is more of a 2x a week thing. It was irritating (I scrub every day). I did not care for the texture. It's more like a grainy paste. Will not repurchase.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products