October 26, 2014 | 1055 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Mango Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by blakie

I LOVE this body scrub. I don't understand why it got so low ratings. I really like the smell of mangos it reminds me of summer. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth, and I like to get out of the shower and smelling of mango and summer. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received mango body scrub, shower gel, soap and body butter as a gift. I like the body scrub the best. I don't mind that it is oily - I use this product my feet with a pumice stone. The body scrub smells better than the soap/gel/butter, but I am not sure that I will purchase this when it runs out...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Mousez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the smell, but sersiouly dislike the oily feel after using.
The "moisturing" oily effect do not really give a moisture boost to the skin, it only act like a shield from the external harsh dry weather.

Do not recommend if you are living in a hot and humid country/town.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jamielee983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE the smell, LOVE the smooth (not harsh or painful) texture of the exfoliant, LOVE the way my skin feels during and after, and LOVE the compliments I get on how fresh and yummy I smell after I use this. HATE the price (IMO it's too much.. I just purchased a 5-gallon tub of mango ginger scrub at a beauty supply house for $15), HATE how I can never open the darn thing. I don't know what it is, maybe I got a defunct one, but I always have a hard time open and closing it. I would not buy again only because I feel it is a little expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Sour

This is my new HG body scrub... it totally dethroned Bum Deal by Benefit which is great since this is so much cheaper and does a way better job at exfoliating my skin. I have to admit though, unlike the mango body butter, this one doesnít smell entirely like mangos. It smells more like a fruit cocktail to meÖ which I donít mind at all. The texture of the scrub is perfect for me, its grainy but moisturizingÖ Iím surprised people have been complaining about how oily this thing isÖ I find that my body just absorbs it after the shower and Iím left with baby soft skin! I use this twice a week in conjunction with its body butter and I end up smelling absolutely divine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought the smaller version of this scrub on an impulse. I really like the mango smell, which is quite strong, but tolerable, if not used that frequently. The exfoliating power is average. I actually don't mind the oily residue it leaves on my skin. I find it quite moisturizing, and most of the residue comes of when you dry yourself with a towel anyways. However, I won't purchase again, because it's a bit irritating for my sensitive skin.

Ingredients: Octyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sucrose (Depilatory Agent), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil) (Emollient), Silica (Absorbent), Mangifera indica (Mango Seed Oil) (Emollient), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil) (Emollient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) (Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone) (Sunscreen), Amyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Capsicum frutescens (Capsicum Extract) (Natural Additive), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Amylcinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary Extract) (Natural Additive), Methyl 2-Octynoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Propylparaben (Preservative), Anisyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Farnesol (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Do you want this to smell like a tropical, far away dream? Then you MUST stay clear of this product. The smell is awfull. I tried to ignore it, but it haunts me. Really fake-smelling and definitely not mango-like. But I mean, as much as I care about smell, I look for other things in a scrub. This is not an everyday scrub, this is more of a 2x a week thing. It was irritating (I scrub every day). I did not care for the texture. It's more like a grainy paste. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by misskhan

love this scrub tho it smells kinda funny not at all like mangoes :P
but the texture with and salt n sugar granules is so prefect for scrubbin and yes its oily but it has written on it "for VERY dry skin" so its meant for very dry skin not normal neither dry...my skin is VERY dry these days and it mositurises it so well, i dunt even need to apply body lotions/butters after the shower...really leaves skin all soft and gently fragranced BUT use it ONLY if u have VERY dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

this scrub is oily like most reviewers have mentioned. ive also tried the almond scrub and it's the same thing.. it leaves behind an oily residue instead of freshly scrubbed skin..
the smell isnt great compared to the almond which had a great smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I bought it because it smells so delicious. I tried it between my fingers at the store n it was an okay texture. This morning when I used it in the shower completely different story! This was the oiliest scrub in the history of scrubs! It made my bathtub all slippery with oil, n I washed my arms and legs countless times n I could still feel an oily residue! Another thing that bothers me is that the scrubbing particles dissolve way too fast, i dont "feel" exfoliated. I dont know TBS's return policy, but i hope they take this back! WORST SCRUB EVER!

EDIT: ... so they wouldnt take it back because it was opened (im so used to MAC n Sepgora's return policy tht u can try it n return it, not the case @ TBS) ... so i read some of the reviews n used it as sort of a shave gel after the salt dissolves... since its so oily, i guess it helps the blade glide better.. ill use it up n then i wont buy it again, unless its on super sale (im talkin 5 for $10)