August 1, 2014 | 931 users online

Self Tanners - Neostrata - Self Tan

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by cosmogirl64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well...I finally found out what everyone here has been raving about. The Insta tan by Neostrata.What an amazing product. I am very fair blonde hair blue eyes and this product gave me the best color in one application. It goes on almost black but at least you can see where your putting it and then doesn't even really smell that bad. In a few hours I had a really nice color. I put it on face and body and didn't have any problems. I have also added a new picture of it as they have changed packaging here in Canada.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by babybehn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! I use it in the summer as I rarely tan (who needs photodamage). I am medium-skinned, but my legs are alarmingly pale and I have very visible veins due to thin skin, this product helps cover those up so I can wear skirts!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by xserenity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Insta-tan, and once applied, it looked green. And I was hesitant to take it off because I read that it's supposed to turn that color. So after waiting a while and washing it off the next day, I was surprised to find a nice tan. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for Neostrata Natural Insta-tan.
I bought this self tanner based on MUA reviews and it definitely did not disappoint. AWESOME.
Applies beautifully with no streaking and the colour is perfect-a nice golden tan with one application and the second application giving me that beautiful deep golden tan that i have coveted for years. The rules apply to all tanners-exfoliate, moisturize and apply. It did not leave stains on my clothes. It is vastly better than savage bronze which was my staple for years
I purchased from a canadian pharmacy for $31 including s+H.
Gets 5 stars from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally found this at an online Canadian pharmacy. Yes, it is expensive (shipping is very high), but it is my new favorite! I used to use Clarins Liquid Bronze (which is still good), but I prefer the color of this. It goes on nicely but wear gloves because the color guide will stain your hands. I'd buy it again, but I'll price compare w/ the Clarins first... they're both great, but this is just a bit better. Oh, it comes in a pump, and the excess in the pump tends to leak out, so the packaging could be better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by tiff77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product gives a dark tan with a nice color and minimal smell. The cons are that it sits on the surface of the skin so if you are caught in the rain or splashed with water it leaves marks, it also rubs off on your clothes. However i do like this product, make sure you apply with a self tanning glove, b/c it will leave your palms very dark. I have tried lots of self tanners and i would re purchase this one, however my favorite is glow fusion despite all the bad reviews, that is by far my favorite it lasts a long time and has a beautiful color but it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Starnet: I believe you can put this on your face. I do! haha. I am naturally tan-skinned (Caribbean descent), so it leaves my face and body quite dark. I was surprised by the results! The day after, everything just looked brown --- not orange. It's probably the best self-tanner I've used, but I was using a no-name LIFE brand one before (a knock-off of L'Oreal Sublime).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Violeta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the new Natural Insta-Tan. I contacted the company and verified that the old Medium and Dark versions have been discontinued, now there is only one product - the Neotrata Natural Insta-Tan and comes in only one shade. I got this a few days ago and still building a tan. I havenít used a real self tanners before (tried Jergens lotion but it was a total disappointment because of the horrid smell) and i decided to pick this up because of the reviews. The product is not very cheap IMO and it comes in a fairly small tube (120 ml). I used it two days in a row and I can see a tan already. I was expecting more color to be honest but I guess these things take time. I didnít got any streaking and I am pretty sure I didnít do the best job at application and the color is not bad however I will have to see how it works out in the next week or so. So far I am happy with it and I will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Majikiemoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very, very fair skin and this has been the best product for me so far. I know that it is being d/c'd but they have made a new formula "Natural Insta-Tan". I was just on the neostrata.ca website today. So no worries! Hopefully this self tanner will work just as well as the others!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by bagella

Wow! That's all I have to say about this self tanner. IT GIVES THE MOST NATURAL COLOR EVER! No orange, no yellow, just a gorgeous golden brown. I have a medium olive skintone that's lighter in the winter months but tans really dark during spring/summer. I used the DEEP DARK version and it gave me almost the exact color I tan naturally (my natural color is a bit browner, and besides, nothing beats a true sun tan). It's the best thing you can get from a bottle. Amazing. And the color payoff is instant, which is what I love. If you let it dry 15 minutes after applying, it won't stain! I wore a white shirt and nothing rubbed off. Very easy to blend, no streaking, gorgeous natural color, dries fast, what's not to love!
The smell is sickening, however. This sweet, chemical, carmal-y scent. My mother walked in the room when I had this on, and she told me that it smelled like poop in the room. That bad. So I took off one lippy for that. But the color alone is enough to keep buying this,

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No