Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

Water, peg-32, butylene glycol, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, peg-6, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol

on 10/3/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

At first I tried the sample size of this product fell in love with it, even tried to make it last longer by diluting it with H2O. But ended up getting the regular size. Still LOVE it. it clears my eye makeup so well. Unlike other brands it doesn't sting my eyes! This product wipes off clean without leaving a chemical film on my skin so I can still use it to clean up mistakes on my eye makeup without washing my entire face and start over. it works well with cotton balls, q-tips and everything else. Love it Loveit, i gotta get more!

on 10/3/2011 7:15:00 PM

I was really surprised when I read so many bad reviews! I bought a FULL SIZE (this will become a keyword in this review) and fell in love. In one sweep, my primer, eyeshadow, and liner were all gone! I couldn't believe my eyes (no pun intended!)!

The reason I put FULL SIZE in all caps were because many of the bad reviews were about a sample size of this product. While I do believe that a company should make quality samples, I also believe that you should not judge a product based on a sample. For all I know, that sample could have been poorly made.

Also, I wonder if the people who gave this product one star READ THE DIRECTIONS. You are supposed to saturate a cotton ball with the solution, sweep it over the eye, remove any excess with a tissue, and rinse with cold water.

This product, along with any product WILL NOT work if you do not follow directions.

All in all, I like this product a lot. It gets the job done, and it isn't too expensive. I would buy this product again.

on 9/28/2011 5:32:00 PM

I've recieved this as a bonus in a sample size.
I really like this eye makeup remover. Removes with ease, couple swipes. Only need a bit of this to rid of all my eye makeup.

on 6/11/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like this product better than the Mary Kay eye makeup remover I'd been using for over a decade. I would take off eye makeup with this, and then wash my face, and it washed off nicely w/o any residue. It also seems like the bottle lasts forever!

No stinging of eyes or skin.

on 6/10/2011 2:14:00 AM

I got a sample from the Clinique counter. This stuff is pretty good, I usually only wear eyeliner and fill in my brows with a bit of powder and this solution takes all that off at the end of the night. The eyeliner I use is the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner and it takes that off with no problems. I really like this eye make up remover and will continue to use it until I find a better one.

on 4/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

I received this as a sample from clinique. I have to say that this product doesn't do a great job on removing makeup.(especially when I'm using double eyelid glue since i have asian eyes...) It makes a huge mess around my eye area and would irritate my eyes if im not very careful. Also, the bottle's opening is way too big that i would spill the product almost every time i use it. But eventually i start to use this again b/c i use olive oil to remove my eye makeup and need a cleanser.
To my surprise, this product removes the oil without me even trying and gives me a clean feeling on the skin. I think this product can be both good and bad depends on how you use it. Mayve i'll buy this again.

on 4/2/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe I like this because I'm not using it for it's intended purpose! I use it as a mild cleanser. I normally apply this to my face after using olive oil. It does a great job of taking off the oil while not stripping my face of moisture.
It suds up just a tad and isn't oily or harsh like most makeup removers.
I wish the cap had something that would prevent using too much product though.

on 3/26/2011 9:36:00 AM

I have bene using this for years and keep returning to it. I wash my face with a foaming cleanser first and then saturate a cotton disc with this eye makeup remover and it does a very good job with no irritation. The fact that my eyes are still humid and that I don't wear waterproof mascara, make it very easy to remove all makeup.

on 3/11/2011 9:23:00 PM

Luckily I got this as part of a GWP so I'm glad that I didn't pay for it. Terrible at removing eye makeup, stung like crazy when it got into my eyes and definitely not a product I would ever buy. I can't understand why Clinique would sell this especially since they have a lot of nice products.

I had a large sample and I used it for 2 weeks. The only good thing about it was that it isn't oily. As a remover it was mediocre. Having read though a review below saying that it's not a remover but a solvent, I guess it's ok, although I don't understand why I should take this extra step. Anyway, the biggest issue that I have with it is that it stings like hell once it gets into my eyes. For me this is unacceptable for a product which purpose is to be used on the eye area.