Philosophy time on your hands

3.5

on 1/9/2004 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess I have to go against the majority here, but I really can't stand this stuff. Supposedly it's unscented but it's mostly the scent that bothers me, which comes off as a very stinky, plasticky smell. I'm not sure if this works very well, because I had to give it away - I just couldn't stand my hands smelling that bad. But from when I did use it a few times, I didn't notice anything spectacular about it. I am normally a big fan of Philosophy products, but I would definitely not buy this again!

on 12/29/2003 5:36:00 PM

This was really effective on my dry hands. It absorbs really well, and I noticed that my hands were immediately softer. The scent could be better, but nonetheless, it is a really good product.

on 11/22/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've gotten this in several kits and really like it. It's a very intense cream that I like for night-time. No bells and whistles, just a simple, effective night hand cream.

on 11/16/2003 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm desperately trying to finish this. I bought his for $30 CDN, might have been cheated by that no-good store who charges more. It doesn't contain a fragance, which I thought wouldn't bother me, but it does. It's REALLY thick. great for winter or when my hands are extra dry. It doesn't sink in fast and leaves hand a bit greasy or waxy as people say. But i wear it before bed so it doesn't bother me. I'm not fond of the packaging. I use a spatula to scoop it. It's an alright hand cream, I just wish it had a nicer smell to it and because it doesn't, I won't buy it again. Plus it cost me a bundle.

on 9/23/2003 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is too too heavy for a hand cream. It feels heavier than vaseline! It is very waxy and does not absorb easily.

on 8/16/2003 8:00:00 PM

This fools people because it feels so thick and rich when it goes on. At first I thought I liked it because the texture is so great. But it does absolutely nothing. It sits there like wax. No smell. It is just a nothing goo. If you want something that feels fun to apply but does nothing this is it.

on 6/21/2003 10:54:00 PM

This is absolutely wonderful handcream. A little dab goes a long way. I am quite pleased that it has spf in it. If you are interested in preventing age spots on your hands - give this a try before the problems start. I would say this does a pretty good job reducing age spots alson - I've had a freckle on my hand since birth that is almost invisible after three months using this handcream.

on 5/29/2003 8:29:00 AM

The texture of this is a seriously smooth and velvety thick balm. I didn't find it exfoliated at all and can't see how it could without any little beads in it. It does moisturise your hands but has a clean and slighty waxy smell which I disliked. It also goes on thick with a waxy residue and does not absorb very well.

This makes my hands SO soft when it's on. I have terribly dry hands and this is on the same level as my previous hand cream (the body shop hemp hand cream) and it has a less awful smell lol so I like this.

on 2/27/2003 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Does not absorb. Does not exfoliate. Leaves a waxy coating that eventually rubs off in little dirty balls (oh, wait, is *that* the exfoliation?). I don't even like using this on my FEET (where every lotion/cream I don't like eventually gets applied so I can use it up). I am going to use this every day so I can use it up, and hate every day of my life while doing so.