September 23, 2014 | 898 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by firefly93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally decided to use this because it was winter and my skin was dry, sensitive and acne prone but I get oily in my t-zone.

I like medium - high coverage because I have some hyper pigmentation from acne and around the nose area. This foundation can build to medium coverage but still need to use concealer and a stippling brush to get the heavy coverage

Pros:
-light weight and did not cause me to break out
-moisturizing if you have drier skin

Cons:
-Poor staying power/ transfers even with primer and setting powder
-Melts off the face if you're in a warmer climate
-Package is the typical glass container with no pump
-Poor oil control

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by LA89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a foundation that would match my skin tone and give me coverage as I needed to conceal everything for my cousins wedding (Wedding photos ahh). Well, that was six years ago and I am still using this amazing foundation. It is my HG foundation!!!! Does not break me out or make me a grease ball after a few hours. It covers everything perfectly, I absolutely love this product. After my morning routine of cleansing and moisturizing I apply my toofaced primer wait a few min to let it set into the skin, and apply the foundation. Goes on beautifully and smoothly. I don't even need to use primer all the time as the results are still good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

This is very creamy and doesn't make my face breakout or anything but it doesn't really control the oil on my face but it does cover all of my blemishes and goes on smooth especially if i put primer on before and the color is nice too doesnt make me look orange. and this may sound odd but i really like the smell of it lol

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LyndsieSundvall

Well, I did enjoy the product and I'm glad they have my skin tone (very light with yellow undertones) but I have acne prone skin and It didn't break me out, but did NOT cover my blemishes. I used my fingers, brushes, and a sponge. I was disappointed in the coverage, but It is a very moisturizing foundation for my dry skin. Plus, I don't enjoy the bottle. It's very pretty but it always gloops out and I end up with too much on my hand. Overall an okay product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MadiMikelle

I really love the Superbalanced Makeup form Clinique! The shade 02 Fair matches my skin very well. It's a little pricy, but I think it's well worth it. Its light enough that you won't feel it on your face, but heavy enough to cover redness, acne, and freckles.

After putting on light moisteriser (basically a tiny dab of Cetaphil lotion), I use a brush to apply it, then smooth it out with my fingers. With or without moisteriser, it leaves my skin looking nearly flawless. One of my favourite qualities is that you don't get that line around your face wear the foundation ends because of how well it blends!It works well with highlighting and bronzer powders and definitely leaves your face photo-ready!

It stays on pretty well all day, but I'll admit looks a little unnatural in the sunlight. Also, the packaging is pretty annoying because of how difficult it is to get the make up out of the bottle.

Overall, I reccomend it! I love how smoothly it applies and how soft my face feels for the rest of the day, not to mention how well it covers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this makeup because shade #02 (fair), matches my skin tone better than any other Clinique foundation I have used. It goes on smooth, has a reasonable amount of coverage, and looks natural. I use some powder over top to finish with.
Previously, I was using the acne solutions foundation, but the Superbalanced makes my skin much less oily, and it does not oxidize and turn orange throughout the day.
I will definitely buy this foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by catlady36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was matched to the shade Alabaster and I think it really does match my skin tone very well. This foundation is a medium coverage, which I like because it doesn't look like I'm wearing a mask. It has a silky texture and I love how it feels like you're not wearing any make-up because that's my biggest complaint with many foundations. I have used a brush to apply, but I find I get better blending if I just use my fingers. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone. This stuff does keep my t-zone from looking like an oil slick, but it certainly doesn't keep it matte, but I like the dewy look. It makes my pores less visible. And WOW does it make my skin look so much better in photos! I had done my make up before going out for my husband's birthday and we took a picture right before leaving. Holy cow was I impressed with how my face looked! I use City Block 40spf and Smashbox Photo Finish Primer underneath. I bought the pump that goes on the bottle which makes it much easier to get only the amount of product that you need. I don't understand why they make you buy it separately, but it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Itzsyd123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you like medium coverage, then this is your foundation.

I've been using this foundation for a while, and I thought it was my favorite until I got a different foundation. This one is good for medium coverage, but if you have acne problems like me, then it doesn't really help. You do get better coverage, though, if you apply it with your fingers instead of a brush.

Overall, it is a decent foundation, but I'll most likely just use it in the summer, now, as a light foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by camille002

was very excited to try this, because i love the STAY MATTE foundation by clinique, but i am kinda disappointed.
the coverage is extremely light! i don't have any blemishes or dark spots, i just need a foundation that can even out my skin tone. this foundation didnt do that at all, you could still see the rosiness of my cheeks and forehead even after putting 2 coats (which i never do with any other foundation).
also, i have combination skin (oily on my nose and dry on my cheeks, forehead and chin) and i just found that this made my skin flaky and blotchy even after exfoliating. (the foundation will cake up on any dry spot and look gross)
it's definitely more for people with greasier skin, because it doesnt moisturize at all.
i was expecting much more from this foundation.
the packaging is cute but not very practical.
apply with a beauty blender or a stipple brush because its very hard to get an even coverage with your fingers (it dries fast).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by DefunktPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have eczema and have struggled to find a great foundation that does not break my skin out. I have tried the drugstore brands Revlon, CoverGirl, Loreal and all leave my skin red and irritated after a few hours of wear. I recently tried Almay and while it did not break me out, it did not provide much coverage. A few days ago I went to Clinique and the makeup artist matched Superbalanced in the shade "Petal" to my skin. I am so happy with this foundation! It goes on so smooth like butter. I received many compliments at work on how fresh my skin looked and my mother said it gave my skin a beautiful, natural glow. Clinique Superbalanced Foundation is an amazing product for those with sensitive skin.