Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Triethanolamine, TEA Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Glycerin, Water Purified, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Ricinoleate, TEA Oleate, Cocamide DEA, Fragrance, Tocopherol

on 11/27/2012 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have used this product off and on for MANY years. I switched to the liquid form for quite some time but the orginal version has been discontinued.

This is a great, basic cleansing bar. I love the scent of it, it just smells so fresh and clean to me, it's probably somewhat of a "comfort scent" to me since I've used it for so long.

This is really good for use in our very hot and humid summers. It cleanses well. I keep it in my medicine chest but don't use it that often in the winter when my face tends to be drier.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my FAVORITE facial wash. I've used nothing but this for almost 2 years. It cleans my skin and makes it really smooth. I'm not sure if it's good for acne since I don't ever get any but it's overall a great product. I have oily skin & it keeps my skin not too dry but not too oily either.

on 11/7/2012 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Too drying and that alone can cause an over production of oil on your skin to combat it. I did enjoy the smell, but when it comes to bar soaps I suggest ULTRA GLOW black soap!!!!

on 11/7/2012 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This works great on my oily skin. It cleanses without drying out my skin, lathers well, smells good and is affordable. The only thing I don't like is its tendency to get goopy. Make sure you don't let it soak in a wet soap dish. It has to stay dry. Whenever it goes on sale I stock up.

My skin is terribly acne-prone and before this product I'd been using a harsh benzoyl peroxide product which left my skin even worse than before. Then my mom told me she had an extra of these, so I decided to give it shot. Although it hasn't cleared my skin completely, my face definitely looks and feels better with this. It dries me out a little but but I use a moisturizer so that's really not a problem. Also, the bars get used up really fast for me, because I have to wash my face in the shower and it melts crazy fast. Luckily the three-packs are fairly cheap so I stock up whenever I'm at Target.

on 7/11/2012 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my go to face cleanser. I have dry skin in the winter and prtey normal skin the warmer months. I've tried various cleansers, from Proactiv to Olay to philosphy, but I always go back to this. The Neutrogena bar does a good job removing any access makeup and oil without leaving me too dry. I Love it because it is simple and easy to find. I have been using this for a almost 10 years, and I can't see myself giving it up.

on 3/5/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 3 weeks and I like it a lot, its very gentle to my skin and it feels great! However I do need to wash my face twice to remove all of my makeup, other then that I love it!!

on 2/12/2012 7:32:00 PM

oh man. i thought this would be pretty good, being fragrance free and all.. it dried me up sooo bad. I just washed my face with it, and i already put moisturizer on and it feels really tight! It also smells! Bad! Prefer my Simple gel wash way more.

on 12/6/2011 11:05:00 PM

I received a coupon for a free bar and was looking forward to trying this. I thought it would be gentle because it looks like the Purpose soap I used to use as a teenager.
Unfortunately, as soon as it touched my skin, it BURNED like nothing else! I washed it off immediately (desperately!) and my skin felt really tight and uncomfortable. I suffered some dryness from it but thank goodness nothing worse happened.
This soap definitely needs to be swatch-tested before using!

on 12/6/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

i was attracted to this product because it was so inexpensive and ingredient list seemed harmless. i purchase the unscented formula thinking i was safe, but this stuff broke my skin out within a day. so i tried using it as just a bar soap and that was a mistake too. it doesn't rinse off clean.. leaves some weird film that no other soap has done to me. this stuff just zapped my curiosity of the possible simplicity bar soaps can bring.