April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I was using this in the morning for a while to replace my Pond's wipes (those get used up in 2 weeks with twice-daily use, it gets spendy!), and it was ok -- it felt like it was really stripping my skin unless I was removing some hard-core grit...and in the morning, I don't have that! My skin is combo, sometimes oily but can dry out depending on the day, and this bar felt too stripping...very squeaky-feeling afterward, and not in the good way. It did last forever and is easy to travel with in a plastic case, but I won't buy it again. I would recommend it for ladies with seriously oily skins...I think. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ckizable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product!!! I never had many problems with my skin, then when I got into my 20s, I started to. I've used so many different brands and high end brands especially. I LOVE this. My skin really stays clean and it's so clear when I use this. In fact, I think it's because it's so simple that it has a nice affect on my skin. My husband uses it too, so, it's wonderfully convenient for us. :)

However, recently, we just opened our new package and it smelled SO WEIRD!! I was wondering if it was just a bad bar or if they changed the smell. I sure hope it was just a bad bar. I actually never minded the scent and actually liked it. It wasn't too perfumey or fruity, but just was clean. But, this last bar we used, was so horrible smelling that neither one of us was able to use it. Has anyone else experienced a change in the smell? I even tried using it so much to get used to it and it didn't work. :( But, I really don't want to stop using this product, but we really couldn't stand it at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been using this product for about 18 months. I have very oily and acne-prone skin so I 'm always wary of trying new things on my face. The only thing this soap does that I don't like is sting my eyes; otherwise I think it may be my HG cleanser. I use it in the morning with a Sephora scrub brush and at night to remove my makeup. I rarely see traces of makeup on my toner-soaked cotton ball. I buy it in a package of three at Shoppers Drug Mart and keep it in a container after using it so it has time to dry off and not melt into a gooey mess. I find holding the soap under water while lathering it in my hands and then applying it to my faces gives me the kind of lather I need to make sure my face is getting cleaned. My skin looks good. For once. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by busyatdizzy

Was recommended this bar from my oldest daughter. I love it more than anything that I have put on my face in the past two years. I have sensitive, combination fairly oily skin in my T-zone that drives me insane day and night. I have used the most expensive items that I can afford and nothing has done what this bar did right from the start. It lathered quite well, felt great
on my skin, rinsed well and left my skin feeling good. Not dry and tight and uncomfortable by any means. during the day I use this with my Clinique toner 3, and the Dramatically Different moisturizing gel. Perfection. I can honestly say that the $1.97 that I paid for it was worth its weight in gold. BTW I picked up the unscented bar and it's great, the lack of smell doesn't bother me at all.

BIG THUMBS UP!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kazcoopse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just a fuss free, great product. I have really dry cheeks and a very oily t zone and this really helps control both. It doesn't feel soapy on the skin and rinses well. Obviously, skin still needs to be exfoliated regularly and looked after, but this is great for a non-aggravating face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sarahJ19

I am in loveee with this!!! it has no acne medication and its so gentle. I have the weirdest skin ever so if it worked for me, give it some time and it will work for you! I have ACNE PRONE combination skin and i just follow with a light gel moisturizer after and your skin just feels incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really think this has helped clear my acne. I had mild-moderate acne and now it's at the minimal. Instead of swollen 'papules' they're swollen red pimples. Still swollen, but 10 times better & they actually blend into my acne scars.
Anyway, I use this in the morning (& at night if I don't shower) and my face looks soo much better. I wish I would have tried this earlier. It doesn't have fragrance and even though it leaves skin squeaky clean, my skin is still soft & feels like it has moisture. It also feels like some is still on my face (residue), but obviously there isn't. Plus it's $2USD for one bar, $5 for three. I highly recommend this product!
My regimine, if you're wondering: This in the morning & I follow up with Clean & Clear Pre Perfecting SPF 15 moisturizer after. Then at night (in the shower) I use Olay Definity Pore Redefining Scrub & Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion after. Viola!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ivivine123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just tried this bar a few weeks ago, turns out my mother used the same product when she was my age. I really like it! it gets your skin feeling clean and soft. It helped me keep oil down. the bar form can be alittle rough... it slips every where and is terrible for traveling... other than that no complants

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

ive had bad acne since middle school and this bar was my first cleanser. i look back at all my photos from then, and i saw my skin: ashy and splotchy.
first of all the bar dries on itself while resting on the dish - that shows how drying it is. but my skin got it the worst. right after washing my face, my skin felt ssoo tight! i remember going to school with chapped, ashy, rough skin.
my breakouts became even worse with this stuff. i dont remember a day when i didnt have red bumps on my face, while i was using this bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by thealmightyboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for maybe 10 years now. A dermatologist recommended it to me for my sensitive eczema prone skin. I strayed occasionally to other products - particularly in my teens when a orangey brown bar of soap just didn't compare to all the colorful fruity smelling concoctions that my friends were using! I have combination skin, so I get quite oily around my nose and chin, but dry and flakey everywhere else. This is so simple and inexpensive, but honestly, it's the best. It cleans all oil and makeup residue from my face without being too drying. I find it to be virtually the same as the liquid version that comes in the pump pack, but the bar is just much more cost efficient. I now use st Ives apricot scrub once or twice a week, this cleansing bar every day, followed by the neutrogena moisturiser for sensitive skin. I find that this combo balances my skin perfectly, I rarely have any dry patches and hardly ever get a spot of acne. I still can't believe that something that's so cheap (and lets face it, not very glamorous) is the cornerstone of my skin care!