November 27, 2014 | 1463 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Vanilla Musk

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I sampled this a while ago along with Vanilla Fields - one on each wrist. Upon application they each smelled pleasant in a relatively generic way. After a few minutes I thought I had gotten the two mixed up: VF smelled warmly sweet, musky and a little powdery, while the VM smelled weird and citrussy/grassy. I returned to the display and sprayed each once more to make sure that I wasn't confusing them, and I wasn't. If you find, like I did, that Vanilla Musk does not live up to your expectations, give Vanilla Fields a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not bad smelling at all and dirt cheap. skin seems to intensify the sandalwood to such a degree that I can barely smell the vanilla or musk. Just my particular chemistry. But I think it's not bad smelling at all, and on the right person probably smells really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Zingopink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a bottle of this when it first arrived on the scene. Of all the vanilla scents on the market, this one seemed the most well-put-together. It didn't shriek CUPCAKE! or CHEAP CANDLE! A pleasant, warm, sweet scent, without any jarring notes to it.

I recently ran across it again (at the supermarket! yay!) and bought on a whim. In the intervening years, I have been trying a lot of other high-end fragrances, and have trained my nose a little more. Such a pleasant surprise to find that Vanilla Musk is still one of the best fragrances out there, at any price. The scent goes on with a strong, sweet, but not cloying vanilla note. THe musk is smooth and perfectly blended with the vanilla. There is a citrusy fizz upon initial application which reminds me up bergamot. Drydown is nice, into a chocolaty vanilla.

Sure there are lots of better fragrances out there. Most of them cost 5 times as much as this. For the money, Coty Vanilla Musk is a handsdown winner. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by beanzie44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this scent. I have tried so many expensive scents, but I always come back to this one. I don't like heavy scents, and this one is light and clean smelling, and I get tons of compliments every time I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by pingpam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On a lark, I bought this at the drugstore and fell in love with it, although it vaguely smelled like Casmir by Chopard which I also love. I was looking for some type of body cream and went to the Coty website to see if such a thing existed. While at the site it is interesting to note that Coty also owns a fragrance company called "Lancaster Group" and Chopard is one of its products (only available in Europe, it is noted). Also, Coty told me Vanilla Musk was being discontinued. It figures, Casmir and Vanilla Musk, no longer available.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Rivercat0338

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like deeper, woodier vanillas and this one just smells too candylike and plastic on me. Reminds me of cheap candles. I'd rather layer Jovan White Musk with a different vanilla, even Vanilla Fields.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2005 3:16:00 PM More reviews by RavenMane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great fragrance- warm & cosy are good words.
Reminds me of my days in univeristy, but also of the jerk I had a crush on!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2005 10:58:00 AM More reviews by wscbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vanilla Musk smells delicious. Reminds me of jelly beans. It smells like Vanilla, musk, and cedar to me. Nobody else says they smell the cedar so maybe it's just me. I hadn't worn this in years, and I don't wear it everyday but I do wear it at least once a week.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2005 10:15:00 AM More reviews by BasiaS

This is a review for the parfum version. Not the most offensive of the many vanilla musks out there, but not really a good fragrance, either. It starts off pleasant enough, with a cinnamony vanilla and not that much else. But the fragrance turns horribly as time passes, smelling sharp and artificial. Cheap in many ways. Not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Vanilla Musk was a big improvement over Vanilla Fields in that it lacks the pungent sharpness of the latter. Fragrance notes include natural vanilla, musk, sandalwood and cedarwood. This fragrance is fairly linear and leans toward the sweet side. I wore Vanilla Musk daily during my "vanilla everything" phase right after it was launched. Then everyone else started to wear it, too, and it became too common. After finishing my bottle, I was happy to move onto more sophisticated fragrances. I understand that Coty has discontinued production of Vanilla Musk, so if you like it, now's the time to stock up!