Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

3.2

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

on 2/1/2012 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Love this primer! Goes on smoothly and doesn't 'pill' like others I've tried, can also be mixed with liquid highlighters for a subtle glow (Estee Lauder's 'Spotlight' works well with this one) and keeps make up in place all day. Also like the classy new gold packaging. I'm on my second tube and will be buying a 3rd.

on 1/20/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

One of my go to primers when I'm doing makeup applications. Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer works amazingly on anyone with dry, flaky, stressed, blemished, sensitive skin types. Love that some of the main ingredients are Chamomile, Yarrow extract, Pure Vitamin E. Best tip for application- less is more...pearl size and i love using a powder brush to apply. Distributes evenly.

on 1/18/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was surprised at how nice this product was. It was light and was smooth to apply and gave my skin a lovely smooth base to apply my makeup onto. I've not been a fan of Napoleon packaging and this is no exception - pretty ugly (don't get me started on their lipstick packaging), but I can overlook this for the quality of the product. I've experienced no problems on my sensitive skin. I would recommend.

on 1/8/2012 12:49:00 AM

I got a full size tube of this from my best friend who lives in Australia. This primer is very liquidy and moist so you have to give it a bit more time to dry before applying your foundation. It reminds me a lot of Korres Face Primer in texture and smell. This might be good food someone with really dry skin.

I prefer gel like primers like Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Lancome's La Base Pro and my favorite for now, MAC's Prep and Prime.

on 10/10/2011 11:22:00 AM

I really needed a new moisturizer and was willing to pay a little more to have one that worked really well. I went to Ulta and one of the sales people showed me this product and insisted that I would love it. He claimed that it would reduce redness, and would not irritate my sensitive skin. The first couple times I used it, I like it. I noticed that it enhanced the tone of my makeup, which I liked. After a week or less, it started really making my skin awful. My pores were enlarged. It felt heavy. I just hate it. The face wash that I use has benzoyl peroxide, so it is important that I have a good moisturizer. I would rather have my skin be dry than put this on. I just put an order in for Mary Kay's timewise moisturizer, which is one of the best moisturizers I've found (and took for granted apparently).

on 8/31/2011 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a bit surprised to see the low marks people have been giving this primer! I personally really enjoy it. I have only bought two other primers: the covergirl olay simply ageless, and the BE bare minerals one. This is far better than either of those! i love that the texture is quite thin and it makes a huge difference in a smooth application! I don't really know how much it helps staying power but it really smooths out the skin. Also I can add bronzer to it when I feel like a little-to-no-makeup day and it looks great!

on 7/11/2011 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I use this primer mixed with my foundation for day wear which I find helps my makeup to stay and look quite dewy which is the finish I like. It also makes my foundation lighter obviously because of the mixing but this is good as I dont like heavy makeup during the day. I have also used it by itself under foundation which is the way it was meant to be used by I can't say I noticed my foundation went on any easier or stayed in place any longer. However I will repurchase to use as a mixer when I have the money for it as it certainly not cheap. In the meantime I will use my olay touch of foundation moisturiser which works very well too and has a sunscreen. But I must say it doesn't give my skin the same glow as my auto pilot/foundation concoction.

on 5/28/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to try out a silicon based primer to see if it would make a difference in the way my foundation applied. This primer has a gel-like consistency and is feels light-weight. You only need the smallest amount of the product or else it will definitely look cakey. It absorbed easily into my skin without leaving a greasy feel and helps to create a more dewey-like finish. My foundation goes on smoother, but that's about it. I was hoping for it to last longer throughout the day, but sadly this didn't quite do it. After 8+ hours of this on, my skin felt very heavy and uncomfortable and just couldn't wait to take it off. If your looking for something to fill in pores/fine lines, this won't do much. Also, I think dry skinned girls should avoid this primer since It feels drying. I have combination skin, and this primer broke me out.

I work out on a golf course in Florida. If im not fighting the humidity, I am fighting sweat. I like this primer. It's pricey though. It doesn't have a greasy feel and a little bit does go A LONG WAY. I have even used this as a moisturizer after washing/ex foliating. It doesn't make me break out, and makes my make up go on very smoothly. All in all this is my go to primer until i find something cheaper.

on 5/5/2011 12:23:00 AM

this product is quite expensive, but deffinatley worth it! it has the most amazing, creamy, light texture to it. it glides on perfectly. it holds my foundation on really well :)