September 19, 2014 | 1020 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by skeptic7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really needed a new moisturizer and was willing to pay a little more to have one that worked really well. I went to Ulta and one of the sales people showed me this product and insisted that I would love it. He claimed that it would reduce redness, and would not irritate my sensitive skin. The first couple times I used it, I like it. I noticed that it enhanced the tone of my makeup, which I liked. After a week or less, it started really making my skin awful. My pores were enlarged. It felt heavy. I just hate it. The face wash that I use has benzoyl peroxide, so it is important that I have a good moisturizer. I would rather have my skin be dry than put this on. I just put an order in for Mary Kay's timewise moisturizer, which is one of the best moisturizers I've found (and took for granted apparently).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyChu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a bit surprised to see the low marks people have been giving this primer! I personally really enjoy it. I have only bought two other primers: the covergirl olay simply ageless, and the BE bare minerals one. This is far better than either of those! i love that the texture is quite thin and it makes a huge difference in a smooth application! I don't really know how much it helps staying power but it really smooths out the skin. Also I can add bronzer to it when I feel like a little-to-no-makeup day and it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by claireyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this primer mixed with my foundation for day wear which I find helps my makeup to stay and look quite dewy which is the finish I like. It also makes my foundation lighter obviously because of the mixing but this is good as I dont like heavy makeup during the day. I have also used it by itself under foundation which is the way it was meant to be used by I can't say I noticed my foundation went on any easier or stayed in place any longer. However I will repurchase to use as a mixer when I have the money for it as it certainly not cheap. In the meantime I will use my olay touch of foundation moisturiser which works very well too and has a sunscreen. But I must say it doesn't give my skin the same glow as my auto pilot/foundation concoction.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I wanted to try out a silicon based primer to see if it would make a difference in the way my foundation applied. This primer has a gel-like consistency and is feels light-weight. You only need the smallest amount of the product or else it will definitely look cakey. It absorbed easily into my skin without leaving a greasy feel and helps to create a more dewey-like finish. My foundation goes on smoother, but that's about it. I was hoping for it to last longer throughout the day, but sadly this didn't quite do it. After 8+ hours of this on, my skin felt very heavy and uncomfortable and just couldn't wait to take it off. If your looking for something to fill in pores/fine lines, this won't do much. Also, I think dry skinned girls should avoid this primer since It feels drying. I have combination skin, and this primer broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Alyssaunplugged

I work out on a golf course in Florida. If im not fighting the humidity, I am fighting sweat. I like this primer. It's pricey though. It doesn't have a greasy feel and a little bit does go A LONG WAY. I have even used this as a moisturizer after washing/ex foliating. It doesn't make me break out, and makes my make up go on very smoothly. All in all this is my go to primer until i find something cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by myluv4mac23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is quite expensive, but deffinatley worth it! it has the most amazing, creamy, light texture to it. it glides on perfectly. it holds my foundation on really well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

HG Primer! hydrating, feels beautiful on the skin, and does wonders for the look and longevity of my foundation. Ive been using this primer for a couple of years now. I know this product is very expensive in USA as your cosmetics are a lot cheaper than here is Australia, but as this is an Australian Brand, its more in the normal range for us.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by babygirl95

I received this as a gift. When I first started using it, I disliked the added fragrance, didn't care for the texture and I didn't notice a difference in the wearability of my foundation. I decided to stick it out though and try it a few more times. After a few days, I started noticing a few breakouts around the chin area. After a couple more days my skin has pimples all over! Cheeks, chin and forehead. I know it is due to this product because I have not changed anything else in my routine. I threw this stuff away!!! I am not even giving it to a friend because I don't want my friends to break out either. Yes, I am giving this product a "1".

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Abby91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first started using this product I loved it. It made my foundation last all day and it smells really nice and needed a primer because I have combination skin and have really dry spots. Unfortunately after a while I started getting really bad breakouts and acne and didn't know why. I changed my foundation, face wash, moisturiser, pillows every two days or so but nothing was causing my breakouts to stop.
I was seeking advice from a friend about it and she said this primer caused really bad breakouts on her skin. So I've stopped using it completely and within a few days my breakouts started to clear. Its been over a month now and my skin is back to normal. If you have really oily skin I would not suggest this to you but if your skin is dry it's really great for nourishing those dry spots. It also lasts ages too. I used mine everyday for over a year and it's still not empty yet. Its a mixed review but it made my skin look so bad so I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The reason for only 3 lippies isn't because it's a bad product - I quite like it, actually. It makes my foundation last longer and makes my pores less visible. But given that Napoleon Perdis buys products from other companies and slaps his name on it, the price is quite extortionate. A cheaper alternative for Aussie girls is Face of Australia's primer, which is exactly the same thing and costs $9 rather than the $60-odd I've seen NP retail for.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No