MAC Powerpoint eye pencil in Engraved

3.7

cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, jojoba seed oil, ceresin, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 6/28/2011 8:32:00 PM

I am very unimpressed with this Powerpoint pencil by MAC. I wear pencil eyeliner nearly every day. I read about Engraved on a beauty blog and, liking MAC anyway, thought I'd give it a try. It goes on poorly, and the pencil is not as soft as I prefer. What is the dealbreaker for me is how it wears. It flakes everywhere! Upon application, it flakes under my eye, it sometimes clumps in my bottom eyelashes when I'm applying, and forget about smudging. The stuff will flake all over. I bought the pencil directly from MAC, so it wasn't old or defective. It's just not that great..at all. I absolutely will not buy this again. Lancome's Kohl eyeliner pencil is so much better.

on 5/24/2011 6:24:00 PM

Pro's:Lot of product,easy to apply, good for smokey eye. Cons: Not very creamy, not a true black, very smudgy. Overall I was not very impressed and will not repurchase.

on 4/29/2011 8:24:00 PM

What it is: a black eyeliner pencil.
- - -
Pros - smooth application. true to color (i.e. it looks black and comes off on your eye as black). fair amount of product for the price. pencil comes with a cap to cover and protect it.
- - -
Cons - pigmentation is poor. I do not have oily lids and the color does not stay after an hour maybe two. Upper lid application becomes a grayish color and waterline application leaks and gets under eyes.
- - -
Side note: would not buy again. I don't want to have to check again and again to make sure my eyeliner stays in place. Loreal extra intense eye liner and Urban Decay Zero Liner are much better quality for either a drug store dupe or a name brand liner.

on 2/25/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I lost this eyeliner and I had to repurchase because it is one of the best black eyeliners I have ever used!
Yes it is smudgy, but that's what I love about it. It gives that perfect 'make-up from last night' kind of look and it goes on incredibly smooth.
The reason I give it 4 instead of 5 is the fact that it's a bit pricier for an eyeliner - but of course it's MAC, so what can you do.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I recently got this and I think it suits me. I have been looking for ages for a eyeliner that won't transfer to my brow bone within 20 minutes and this one succeeds. It's soft, so it doesn't give a bold look, which is good for me since i am fair.

on 2/22/2011 5:25:00 PM

this is my first mac eyeliner and so far everything is good, it goes on creamy and lasts a good part of the day,but break off easily i dont have any trouble getting it off i use baby oil but its nothing to write home about i also tried loreal extra intense eye liner and those are the bomb plus those are $8.00 at walgreen

Compared to Smolder this stays on a lot longer but truthfully isnt a deep dark black but its black (if that makes sence) I use it to tightline and waterline my eyes. Staying power last for hours. Having watery eyes this was my first mac purchase many years ago and i have been faithfull to it even now. Not to soft so it sharpens perfectly. I rotate from using this and Miliani blk pencil.

on 2/13/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'll preface this with saying that I generally love MAC, but I'm pretty unimpressed with what should be a really basic eyeliner. I've found much smoother and easier-to-apply eyeliners at the drugstore. I won't be repurchasing. It'll still be thrown around my traincase and I'm sure I'll use it from time to time, but I was disappointed.

on 2/2/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I wear this eyeliner everyday when I go to school. I love how it stays on my lid... but, I hate lining my waterline with this. I end up like a raccoon! Overall, I'd purchase this again... I don't know why, but I just love it on my upper eyelid. It may not be everybody's favourite eyeliner, but I like it in a way.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not a bad eyeliner itself but when you sharpen it, it's hell. It doesn't sharpen per se, it breaks. And after sharpening it over and over again the pencil gets so small and I realized I haven't even used it yet and the pencil sharpen already ate it up. I pretty much threw my money in the pencil sharpener.

Top Rated MAC Products