October 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by garagegirl022

I love this powder!! It gets rid of shine without looking cakey or chalky. Plus I think the MAC compact is super stylish for all you fashionistas out there!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by mincagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the most SHINIEST t-zone ever! especially my nose. in the morning i would put on my Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation and set it with the matching powder. But in less than an hour my nose would shine like crazy! like literally the light would reflect off my nose, it was that shiny. So after reading a lot of good reviews on this product I thought I'd give this a try. I wasn't very keen on buying it at first, especially how it's a bit pricey ($36 AU), but I've had enough of shininess so i went ahead and bought it.

One word.

AMAZING

I do not regret it one single bit!
I would usually blot every hour of the day, but after using this ONCE in the morning to set my foundation, and ONE more time in the afternoon, I had no shininess whatsoever. It gives a really good matte finish and not cakey at all. I use a brush to apply it, but I use the puff in the middle of the day. I just simply dab the puff in the powder and press on the shiny areas on my face. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH, I CANNOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT IT NOW!
Definitely worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I'm a fan of Kryolan's loose Anti-Shine powder, but I was looking for a pressed oil-controlling powder that I can easily travel with.

The retail price is $23.00. Pretty expensive for a regular drugstore shopper like me, but I was fortunate enough to receive this in a swap. I've been using this almost everyday for a few of months now.

My skin-tone is light-medium with warm undertones, and I was expecting the Medium to be my color match. I received the Medium-Dark in the swap, and it's perfect. So I think the colors do run a little on the lighter side. The undertones are neutral, so I think it would fit well with most complexion colors. It has a sheer, translucent finish, so if you're looking for a powder to specifically hide flaws and discolorations, this isn't it. If you try packing it on, it can look pretty cakey and accentuate any dry areas.

I love the packaging. Very durable, easy to carry, and it comes with a mirror on the inside cover. I like using my ELF Flat-Top brush to press this into my face to set my concealer and mattify my t-zone.

I have an oily, acne-prone complexion and this has not caused me to breakout, even when applied to my most acne-sensitive areas like my cheeks, forehead, and chin. It doesn't oxidize or change color. I live in Arizona, and it's almost July, and I find that this does do a decent job of keeping my oily areas shine free, at least for a several hours through the day.

While I think my Kryolan powder does a better job of keeping shine away a little bit longer, I do love MAC's Blot Powder. It's convenient; easy to travel with, it doesn't break me out, no weird smell, good texture, decent oil-control. A little bit on the pricier side, but because of how easy it is to use and effective it is, I think I'd get another once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great quality powder for oil control. I only use it when the weather is warm to set my NARS sheer glow and it keeps the oilies at bay for a good couple of hours! It mattifies but doesn't leave my face looking too flat and full. Doesn't break me out and doesn't look cakey on my skin (aslong as you apply properly of course). I like the compact but the powder shatters really easily if you carry it in your purse so be aware.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by melissa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

super oily t-zone + living in florida + being a full time college student = worst embarrassing uncomfortable situation possible lol!! This is the only product that controls my oily t-zone throughout the day, i use it with my 187 brush after I apply my mac mineral skin-finish... I just dust it lightly over my forehead nose and chin. I usually don't need to reapply throughout the day unless its really hot and im running around campus with all books at hand...I own this in Medium PLUS and Medium/Dark, which both work well with my NC25/30 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this blot powder! I use it almost daily and I'd definitely repurchase once I run out. I use this under my MSFN and it keeps my face matte for about five hours if i'm not doing anything too active. I have VERY oily skin though, so I think I apply this more frequently than the average person. I recommend this to anyone with combination/oily skin to help keep the shine away.

I bought this about four months ago and I've worn it about twice a week, but this past month I've worn it every day. I've started to make a dent in it but I haven't hit pan, so I've say it lasts a long time even if you reapply it a couple times a day like I do.

I've tried another blot powder but It was by Mark. Cosmetics. I like this MAC one much more people it gives my skin an even texture and slightly evens out minor discoloration.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by jagratti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I use this everyday to set my foundation and have repurchased many times. Does not look cakey or overdone and keeps shine at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by znapkracklenpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this item before but i think im going to stop only because its too hard to pick up the powder w/ a normal brush and even w/ the sponge that it comes with. when i hit the pan, i have to scrape the powder up =/ other than that... i love this blod powder because it makes my oily t-zone stay matte through out the day. i would recommend clinique stay matte powder as an alternative for people who didnt like this product. i have clinique's stay matte powder and i think it does the same job but actually adds a little more coverage than the mac one

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got into MAC bc its my mom's fav brand. I was impressed with the outcome, kept my oil at bay, and evened out my skin tone. I bought this a couple of years ago, But bc of my butterfingers, I've dropped 2 MAC compacts twice, and for 28 CDN its a shame I wasted product, the powder shattered everywhere. I would buy again if I don't find anything cheaper. I tried to only use it for special occassions, bc I was happy that I stayed oil free through a whole evening. I've tried matte fx whcih didn't do a thing, maybelline dream matte powder which was ok, and I'm currently trying hard candy's welcome matte powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

I was so excited to finally be able to get *the* Blot Powder that seemed like almost every girl's HG. The Medium-Dark shade is a good match for my NC30 skin, and it didn't break me out. And I look great when I first put it on.

But you know what, the oil control is crap. I can better results with powders like Revlon ColorStay, and even drugstore brands like Rimmel StayMatte and Maybelline ClearSmooth. I only bring this around when I want to look fancy around other people, because, yeah, there's still something to be said about busting out a MAC item. (just being honest) I wish there were some way I could pop out the pan and insert one of my own better powders. :P