July 29, 2014 | 1142 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great quality powder for oil control. I only use it when the weather is warm to set my NARS sheer glow and it keeps the oilies at bay for a good couple of hours! It mattifies but doesn't leave my face looking too flat and full. Doesn't break me out and doesn't look cakey on my skin (aslong as you apply properly of course). I like the compact but the powder shatters really easily if you carry it in your purse so be aware.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by melissa101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

super oily t-zone + living in florida + being a full time college student = worst embarrassing uncomfortable situation possible lol!! This is the only product that controls my oily t-zone throughout the day, i use it with my 187 brush after I apply my mac mineral skin-finish... I just dust it lightly over my forehead nose and chin. I usually don't need to reapply throughout the day unless its really hot and im running around campus with all books at hand...I own this in Medium PLUS and Medium/Dark, which both work well with my NC25/30 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this blot powder! I use it almost daily and I'd definitely repurchase once I run out. I use this under my MSFN and it keeps my face matte for about five hours if i'm not doing anything too active. I have VERY oily skin though, so I think I apply this more frequently than the average person. I recommend this to anyone with combination/oily skin to help keep the shine away.

I bought this about four months ago and I've worn it about twice a week, but this past month I've worn it every day. I've started to make a dent in it but I haven't hit pan, so I've say it lasts a long time even if you reapply it a couple times a day like I do.

I've tried another blot powder but It was by Mark. Cosmetics. I like this MAC one much more people it gives my skin an even texture and slightly evens out minor discoloration.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by jagratti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I use this everyday to set my foundation and have repurchased many times. Does not look cakey or overdone and keeps shine at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by znapkracklenpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this item before but i think im going to stop only because its too hard to pick up the powder w/ a normal brush and even w/ the sponge that it comes with. when i hit the pan, i have to scrape the powder up =/ other than that... i love this blod powder because it makes my oily t-zone stay matte through out the day. i would recommend clinique stay matte powder as an alternative for people who didnt like this product. i have clinique's stay matte powder and i think it does the same job but actually adds a little more coverage than the mac one

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got into MAC bc its my mom's fav brand. I was impressed with the outcome, kept my oil at bay, and evened out my skin tone. I bought this a couple of years ago, But bc of my butterfingers, I've dropped 2 MAC compacts twice, and for 28 CDN its a shame I wasted product, the powder shattered everywhere. I would buy again if I don't find anything cheaper. I tried to only use it for special occassions, bc I was happy that I stayed oil free through a whole evening. I've tried matte fx whcih didn't do a thing, maybelline dream matte powder which was ok, and I'm currently trying hard candy's welcome matte powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

I was so excited to finally be able to get *the* Blot Powder that seemed like almost every girl's HG. The Medium-Dark shade is a good match for my NC30 skin, and it didn't break me out. And I look great when I first put it on.

But you know what, the oil control is crap. I can better results with powders like Revlon ColorStay, and even drugstore brands like Rimmel StayMatte and Maybelline ClearSmooth. I only bring this around when I want to look fancy around other people, because, yeah, there's still something to be said about busting out a MAC item. (just being honest) I wish there were some way I could pop out the pan and insert one of my own better powders. :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I realize the nature of this product means that it should be mostly colorless and even a bit lighter than your foundation shade. That said, to be labeled "Medium Dark," this still seems super light. However, it does help keep shine at bay a little longer and to soak up a bit of oil if I use it later in the day or need to touch up before going out at night and don't have time to redo all of my makeup. It does look a bit chalky at first because it's so light for my skintone (I'm somewhere between a medium/dark and dark with this product, I feel), but it does settle down and become less noticeable within a few minutes. This was my first time trying the product. I may give the next shade darker a chance, because the relatively minor shade issue is my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by liteenie

WOW..I didn't realize such a product existed! People are not lying when they say that this powder just drinks up the oilyness and the shine disappears. I just did a test: I don't feel like I'm that oily so I took a blotting paper and did one small spot on my forehead to see if I was in fact oily. Yes, I was. Then I used e.l.f.'s powder brush (great for travel because of the little plastic thing over the bristles) to pat Blot Powder over my nose and forehead. I then took a blotting paper and did another spot on my forehead and there was hardly any oil on it! That's amazing!
I'm reluctant to use the puff that comes with it because you use it to remove oil off your face but I think some will deposited onto the powder. Like I mentioned above, I use e.l.f.'s powder brush to apply. For reference, I'm NC 30..this "shade" is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by cbbr21

Ive recently bought this mac blot powder because of my VERY oily skin. Ive been very please with it in the sense that it controls my oil without applying to much product like a regular powder would. My only complain is that i've been noticing that my face is producing some breakouts where i've applied it. Nothing outrageous, but enough to think that its from this product. Has his happened to anybody else?