August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to powder! I absolutely love this, plus it is reasonably priced.

I prefer using wet/dry foundations because it saves me the hassle of using concealer because it provides good coverage. I avoid liquid foundations because they make my face look greasy after some time. Plus, I have slightly acidic Asian skin which tends to make anything I put on slightly darker after a few hours.

I used to buy Guerlain's Parure powder foundation and while that product is excellent, it is quite expensive. This product costs less than half and yet delivers pretty well. Coverage is pretty good. I touch up after lunch and it looks well until the evening. It also complements my skin tone well. I have this in the Cypress Beige shade.

My only gripe is that there are no refills!! I have had to purchase 3 compacts over time and think that I could save $$$ if they only had refills.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by momoro

This was my first powder foundation, and how I wish I had a color match!! The finish was so incredibly lovely, it makes me wonder why I had never tried out a powder foundation earlier!

My skin is very sensitive, acne-prone, and easily irritated. This did not aggravate my skin at all, nor did it cause any new acne to form. It absorbs oil very well (blotted maybe ONCE the entire day I had it on) and seems fairly transfer resistant - have not tried to see if it transfers onto clothes, but it definitely did not leave much on my cell phone.

I'd say the coverage is medium to full and it lasted all day on me without separating or sliding off, and this was without finishing powder or setting spray.

Basically, the PROS are:

#1 Great lasting power from 8:00am - 7:00pm (my usual work hours)

#2 Did not transfer onto my cell phone like most liquid foundations

#3 Great oil absorption (rice powder for sure!). I only really needed to blot ONCE throughout my whole work day.

#4 Smooth finish, did not accentuate any dry flakies, was very matte. It also did not seem too dry

#5 Did not aggravate my hormonally sensitive, acne-prone, skin - THIS is hard to do when it comes to foundations, so I give it a BIG thumbs up for this! My skin usually feels really "hot" and irritated after wearing most foundations for a whole day, as if it'd been suffocating the entire time.

And now onto the CONS.

#1 This oxidized on me horribly!! The lightest shade was already too dark on me, but I was able to get by adding some bronzer onto my neck. By the end of the day, I looked as if I had powdered my face with dirt :/

#2 There is a very short range of shades available :( And they all seemed to have pink undertones

#3 Packaging is a little bulky, and could be better.

I don't seem to have too many cons about this product, but because the shade is so horribly off on me, I will not and cannot repurchase :( I'd recommend this for sensitive, oily, and acne-prone girls like me...if you can find a match. It is a lovely product, and has spawned my interest in looking for other powder foundations that will match me and have the same finish, last, and oil absorption as this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. Lovely smooth powder. Great value. Unfortunately, the lightest shade siuts NW20 (Laurel Nude). Its a lovely neutral cool tone. Great coverage. Lasts well. Satin-matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome product! Super-easy to apply, and coverage can be adjusted as necessary. If I have a "blemish", I dampen a corner of the sponge, dab it in the powder and apply to that spot, then blend. So for me, it's really a foundation/powder/concealer all in one. Oh, and it has never irritated my very sensitive (mild rosacea) skin. HG!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After reading the positive raves about this powder, I finally gave it a try. Texture is silky smooth and actually creates an airbrush effect on the skin. Though the coverage is light to medium, it still covers most of the acne marks and the redness of my skin. It is also good in controlling the oiliness. I remember using a blotting paper only during my coffee break in the afternoon. My skin did not negatively react to the powder and still remain pimple-free. Overall, this powder is a cheap alternative to the expensive powders of well known brands and will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I use it dry and have not used it wet but will definitely give it a try soon. This foundation is dirt cheap yet work wonderfully. Evens skin tone, does not cake and gives a natural airbrush look. Can look powdery depending on your tools so BE CAREFUL. If you use a brush that is not stiff enough, then it just sits on skin. However, with the right brush (I use bareminerals flawless application face brush) you will be in love.

It only comes in 6 shades but the beige one is perfect for my skin tone. If you can find a match, get this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by salborno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this product, I loved it. I used it as the final step in my makeup routine, in certain areas like spots or under the eyes, on top of my full coverage liquid foundation and concealer. It gave me a nice finish and was great for touch ups but it made my face breakout really bad. I never had acne-prone skin so for my face to suddenly start breaking out was not normal. It was a great product from the start and I wanted to love it but unfortunately, it gave me acne and I am now having to deal with that so I will definitely not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kirad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the lightest color Laurel Nude is perfect for me. using it wet gives a nice finish but i find it that using it dry is great for everyday wear. so far it hasn't looked cakey or too powedery and I'm pretty happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color selection is horrible. I'm pretty pale and the lightest shade is orangey-pinkish. It looks like I'm wearing powder and doesn't cover that well. It looks very un natural. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by violetrunner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought my fourth pan of this foundation - it is the best. I have pale skin with cool undertones and almost nothing matches, but this does. I also agree with other reviewers who say this goes on a little powdery. It does, but if you buff it in a little with a good flat-topped brush it will set to a really nice finish in about 30 minutes - just about the time it takes to finish up your face, grab breakfast, take out the dog, and leave for work! I hate the way liquid foundations feel and this is such a nice alternative - my HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No