October 24, 2014 | 1862 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I have been using this product for the last couple of weeks, and I cant even express to you how much I love it, but I am going to try. First, the price was a tad bit more than you would spend on a product from the drug store (I got this from Sallys beauty supplies) it was around $12.00, which was comparable and nothing to complain about, especially after you try it and find out how well it works. The actual compact itself and the packaging has both pros and cons. Someone meantiomed that its a bit bulky, which is true, its square and a bit thicker than other powders. I also wished the sold a refill for the little put of product, because it seems like such a waste to have to buy a new one everytime, however- i would also want a new sponge after using all the product, so you may as well just keep re-buying the whole thing. Obviously, you can use this product wet and dry, and the sponge it comes with is another reason why i love this product so much. Its extremely soft, and way more well made than any other compact sponge that i have used. It washes very well, it doesnt fall apart and it goes back to the same soft well made sponge whether you are using it wet OR dry. Another clever and genious thing about this compact is that it splits into two different sections- one for the makeup, one for the sponge... and on the very bottom, there are holes in the compact, so when you put your wet sponge back into place, it allows it to breathe and dry, without staying damp and accruing all kinds of bactiria. I loved that, because I had never seen it before, most compacts after you wash your sponge you have to leave it sit and dry before putting it back in its place. Five stars for that. Onto the actual product, its amazing. It only comes in four or five colors so I was lucku enough to havr an exact match to one of the colors and i dont have to mess with it too much. You can use it wet or dry, so durring the summer when you sweat (which i have already done) that makeup doesnt get gross, and cakey because its made to use either way. I love that! It goes on smoothe, it looks natural, i dont have to use a ton of the product to get the coverage I want, because its a medium coverage already. Honesly, I have gotten away without putting any concealer on, and just applying this on top of my primer because it covers so well. This is my go to from now on, and I will reccomend this product to anyone who wants to use multi-purpose make up... and I will re buy as soon as I am done, and even before then so I can make sure I dont run out... yes! i love it THAT much! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

I wanted to use this product for a little bit before I gave a review to see what it could do for me. I love it! It's officially my new powder. You can just tell its non-comedogenic and made with fine, natural products. It never breaks me out, and isn't cakey. One complaint I have is at Sally's, it's hard to test our your color. At the store, the colors all looked very similar which was odd. Finally, I settled on Cypress beige 402 and it works perfect for me and blends in my Asian skin! For around $10, you really can't beat it and I'm recommending it to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG! Beautiful medium coverage, covers acne scars well. No need for concealer. I use it dry over boots beautifully matte makeup base and it not only lasts all day but looks just as amazing as when I first put it on. That has never happened with my old HG colorstay. The finish is so natural, no one can tell I have makeup on. Cypress beige is a great match for my NC 25 face. I've always used liquid foundation and am glad I switched to this great powder, it just looks so much better and it feels like I don't have anything on my face. And my pores look so much smaller! Woo!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to powder! I absolutely love this, plus it is reasonably priced.

I prefer using wet/dry foundations because it saves me the hassle of using concealer because it provides good coverage. I avoid liquid foundations because they make my face look greasy after some time. Plus, I have slightly acidic Asian skin which tends to make anything I put on slightly darker after a few hours.

I used to buy Guerlain's Parure powder foundation and while that product is excellent, it is quite expensive. This product costs less than half and yet delivers pretty well. Coverage is pretty good. I touch up after lunch and it looks well until the evening. It also complements my skin tone well. I have this in the Cypress Beige shade.

My only gripe is that there are no refills!! I have had to purchase 3 compacts over time and think that I could save $$$ if they only had refills.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by momoro

This was my first powder foundation, and how I wish I had a color match!! The finish was so incredibly lovely, it makes me wonder why I had never tried out a powder foundation earlier!

My skin is very sensitive, acne-prone, and easily irritated. This did not aggravate my skin at all, nor did it cause any new acne to form. It absorbs oil very well (blotted maybe ONCE the entire day I had it on) and seems fairly transfer resistant - have not tried to see if it transfers onto clothes, but it definitely did not leave much on my cell phone.

I'd say the coverage is medium to full and it lasted all day on me without separating or sliding off, and this was without finishing powder or setting spray.

Basically, the PROS are:

#1 Great lasting power from 8:00am - 7:00pm (my usual work hours)

#2 Did not transfer onto my cell phone like most liquid foundations

#3 Great oil absorption (rice powder for sure!). I only really needed to blot ONCE throughout my whole work day.

#4 Smooth finish, did not accentuate any dry flakies, was very matte. It also did not seem too dry

#5 Did not aggravate my hormonally sensitive, acne-prone, skin - THIS is hard to do when it comes to foundations, so I give it a BIG thumbs up for this! My skin usually feels really "hot" and irritated after wearing most foundations for a whole day, as if it'd been suffocating the entire time.

And now onto the CONS.

#1 This oxidized on me horribly!! The lightest shade was already too dark on me, but I was able to get by adding some bronzer onto my neck. By the end of the day, I looked as if I had powdered my face with dirt :/

#2 There is a very short range of shades available :( And they all seemed to have pink undertones

#3 Packaging is a little bulky, and could be better.

I don't seem to have too many cons about this product, but because the shade is so horribly off on me, I will not and cannot repurchase :( I'd recommend this for sensitive, oily, and acne-prone girls like me...if you can find a match. It is a lovely product, and has spawned my interest in looking for other powder foundations that will match me and have the same finish, last, and oil absorption as this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. Lovely smooth powder. Great value. Unfortunately, the lightest shade siuts NW20 (Laurel Nude). Its a lovely neutral cool tone. Great coverage. Lasts well. Satin-matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome product! Super-easy to apply, and coverage can be adjusted as necessary. If I have a "blemish", I dampen a corner of the sponge, dab it in the powder and apply to that spot, then blend. So for me, it's really a foundation/powder/concealer all in one. Oh, and it has never irritated my very sensitive (mild rosacea) skin. HG!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After reading the positive raves about this powder, I finally gave it a try. Texture is silky smooth and actually creates an airbrush effect on the skin. Though the coverage is light to medium, it still covers most of the acne marks and the redness of my skin. It is also good in controlling the oiliness. I remember using a blotting paper only during my coffee break in the afternoon. My skin did not negatively react to the powder and still remain pimple-free. Overall, this powder is a cheap alternative to the expensive powders of well known brands and will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I use it dry and have not used it wet but will definitely give it a try soon. This foundation is dirt cheap yet work wonderfully. Evens skin tone, does not cake and gives a natural airbrush look. Can look powdery depending on your tools so BE CAREFUL. If you use a brush that is not stiff enough, then it just sits on skin. However, with the right brush (I use bareminerals flawless application face brush) you will be in love.

It only comes in 6 shades but the beige one is perfect for my skin tone. If you can find a match, get this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by salborno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this product, I loved it. I used it as the final step in my makeup routine, in certain areas like spots or under the eyes, on top of my full coverage liquid foundation and concealer. It gave me a nice finish and was great for touch ups but it made my face breakout really bad. I never had acne-prone skin so for my face to suddenly start breaking out was not normal. It was a great product from the start and I wanted to love it but unfortunately, it gave me acne and I am now having to deal with that so I will definitely not purchase this product again.