Clarins Loose Face Powder

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Silk Powder (Serica), Zinc Sterate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydroxylated Lanolin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Petrolatum, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calcium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Farnesol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake.

on 3/29/2006 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This powder had a nice finish, I really liked the container it came in. My only problem, and the reason it went right back to Macy's is that it has mineral oil, third ingridient. No way am i putting anything on my face with mineral oil. Not only am i acne prone, but sensitive. It also had fragrance which tends to irritate my skin. If your looking for and oil-free fragrance free translucent powder try laura merciers as a comparable alternative.

on 1/28/2006 3:26:00 PM

The best loose powder! Light, silky, flawless finish, beautiful tone (I use translucent ) Matte and oil absorbing (my face stays matte even after I go to gym) I honestly could not believe my skin can look that smooth. (All I do is put this powder on top of my sunscreen) As for buying again - big YES. I've been using this for alomost 2 years now and my search for a perfect powder is over. (I've just tried Shu Uemura loose powder for a change (was impressed by MUA reviews), and it was not even close as good) Update: I forgot to mention - the container is nice - the only loose powder you do not have to shake to get it out - hence no product is lost and my clothes are clean!
I am really puzzled by complains about the packaging so I just want to add this tip. Before each application, the plastic sieve should be lightly pressed into the powder and twisted right or left. That brings some powder on top of the sieve. Then you dip your brush into this powder. I found this design be so much improving over the usual 'shaking' containers (with them I always get powder literally everywhere) that I use Clarins containers for all other powders that I own!
continued >>

on 11/30/2005 4:47:00 PM

I am not fan of this packaging and did not like the powder because it has this masculine scent and I think it might be irritating my skin. The finish was not either very spectacular. I much prefer Clarins pressed powders to this. Will not buy this again.

on 11/2/2005 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I thought this powder did look beautiful with its soft, natural, elegant finish. But then an hour went by and I didn't look so matte anymore. I think it is probably perfect for someone with dry skin or someone with combo/oily skin who doesn't mind looking natural or glowy. I don't like looking shiny or glowy at all. I think I had an inkling when I saw that it contains petrolatum and mineral oil. But I figured that they put enough nylon and talc in it to absorb the oil. I went back to my Clinique loose blended powder because it has a more matte rather than natural finish like this product. I also have to add that my skin felt incredibly natural as soon as I put it on. It didn't cake or flake as I reapplied over and over throughout the day, which amazed me. However, I kept thinking that I was putting more petrolatum and mineral oil on my oily face. I really didn't think that it covered any redness well enough either because it looks so sheer.

on 11/1/2005 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

25 lippies. This powder redefines the standards of powder for me. I am utterly in awe of this powder. I bow before it, for it humbles me. Unlike a few others, I see no problem whatsoever with the packaging. No powder mess on my end, because I usually remove the barrier tray from powder containers so I can dip my puff/brush in directly, anyway. If you aren't used to doing this, work slowly. I got this in 01, the lighter of the two colors offered. I didn't think either color looked promising in the container. Shade 01 looked far too bright, very light, and peachy. But when it is on my skin, it just BECOMES my skin, except perfect. My skin is far, far from perfect. It takes precious little of this loose powder to achieve perfection, a mere fraction of the powder I have to use in other brands. I still cannot believe that after 9 hours at work, I didn't need to blot my face even one time. This never happens. If there is a better powder, I've not found it. This powder does have a perfume smell which is not unpleasant, but took me a day or two to get used to. I can't begin to fathom a reason I would not repurchase this. This is $34 for 1.06 oz. (30 grams). You get quite a lot of product. continued >>

on 10/8/2005 4:42:00 PM

I love this powder. It looks beautiful on my skin. I had been using T.LeClerc, and thought because it was so expensive, it must be good. But it wasn't until I realized the color was off a bit, and I thought it was breaking me out, did I come across Clarins powder. I will never use anything else! My skin has never looked better. Definitely recommend!

on 7/14/2005 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After all the positive reviews here I had to go check out this powder for myself. It is indeed very finely milled and great quality, looks fabulous on my skin. However it is the worst packaging I've ever encountered for powder. You have to rotate the sieve in it to get the powder out...and you can't shake it or the whole thing will pour out. A huge inconvenience and will not repurchase unless they redesign the jar.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product recently due to the reviews here. I was looking for a powder to replace my current one because I needed more oil control for the summer. This is definitely it! The texture and finish are beautiful. You don't need to use very much for a great finish. I like the packaging because it minimizes waste; there's no flying powder bits that end up on my sink or my shirt. It lasted all day in 90 degree heat with just a touch up of blot paper & pressed powder. I used translucent and have light olive skin. Some may not like the perfumy scent, but it didn't bother me.

on 6/7/2005 1:27:00 PM

I too want to thank everyone here for recommending this powder. It is beautiful. I bought the 01 translucent. I love the light pink/peach colour and it smells absolutely lovely. I can't say the oil control is fantastic but it just has the most lovely, velvety texture that makes it look like I'm not wearing any powder. The price is high - $47 Cdn. + tax and the container is a bit awkward at first but I do feel it's worth it. Of course, the little puff is useless but I use my Lancome goat hair loose powder brush that I have had for many years. I highly recommend this loose powder.

on 4/4/2005 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Have just bought this on the reccommendations posed here. And so far I love it. Perfect for my pale oily t-zone skin. keeps my face matt for a few hrs (good for me) and is so fine and easy to blend in. Will probably buy again.

Recommended for Normal Skin