October 26, 2014 | 1633 users online

Concealers - Cinema Secrets - Foundation/concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Scazza

I bought this after great reviews here. The colors are very nice but they completely burned my under-eye skin. Cannot use it as a concealer, but still useful for the red neutralizers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by XcolorMEc0utureX

So I called the company personally and got some samples, but it cakes very easily on me..ive tried using it with a watered brush, my finger, powder, no powder...i cant layer it because it cakes. can someone please leave me a message and let me know what i can do? the shades are great though

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by DoMeOver

This stuff is amazing! Could this be my HG concealer? I bought a single shade in this little pot and used it under my eyes for those horrible dark cirles of mine. I applied it over my Palladio face primer. Patted my whole face with Laura Mercier loose setting powder. I looked at the mirror after a few minutes (and because I'm a bit oily on my T-zones), blotted out my face and brushed on my in2it 2-way foundation. No cakey-ness!! It was love. In addition, the staying power of this concealer under the hot summer weather here in the Philippines is amazing.

I have yet to test it some more before deciding if it's HG status for my concealer. So far, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by shlgh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of the foundation from my mom so I don't know how much it costs or where I can buy this from but I wish I did because I love it! It's so light weight, the color matches my skin perfectly and it doesn't feel heavy and cakey. It lasts a long time too. I need to find out where I can get this lol I would repurchase even if it was on the expensive side.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Melio617

I found the Cinema Secrets line when I googled make up for photography as I had been hearing that certain ingredients in make up can come across white when the flash is used so I was looking for stuff that would photograph well. I started reading up on these and then came here to see if anyone else had ever used them and was impressed by the reviews so I purchased the concealer palette. I love the idea of having several shades to blend and work with as it's always hard to find just the right shade in one bottle of anything. Also since my skin tone tends to change throughout the year as I get tanned and then pale again, this is a great idea.

It's thick and creamy and has good coverage. I like the blendability of it and the fact that I can build it up if there's an especially bad spot in need of help. The prices of their products are very reasonable and it's a great container that I dont' have to worry about breaking or spilling from. I may have to try more of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer. I've strayed and tried MAC, The Balm, Bobbi Brown and even Benefit but nothing compares to Cinema Secrets concealer. I've been using it for the last 7 years and will keep buying as long as they keep making it!

Pros:
- a little pot lasts forever! (mine is still halfway full even after a year of daily use)
- it's full coverage and creamy (you have to warm the product in between your fingers before applying)
- great color range (i go between a 65 and 65A depending on how tan i am)
- easily blendable using a concealer brush or a beauty blender. I personally use the MAC 130 for this.

Cons:
- the packaging is so easily breakable (the plastic isnt very sturdy so even a tumble to the ground can shatter the cover)

I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by katiekatie007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST foundation I have ever tried. I have ance scars and an uneven skin tone, and this makeup works wonderfully. The coverage is amazing, and it creates a perfect, even canvas. When I use it alone, I've found that it cakes a bit more. But I've been setting it with a Clinique bronzer, and it lasts all day without caking. For the people complaining of a "yellow" tone in the makeup, I would switch to the 500-series colors. It's more of a pinky-beige, and it won't turn yellow!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by wesayhello

I would say this is better than Mac's studio finish concealer. It blends better and looks less caked.
This covers my acne scars amazingly and photographs beautifully.
I ordered a 301-63A which is the lightest color in the #3 palette. But I still found it to be too yellow based and dark for my skin color. I am quite fair with neutral to only slightly yellow based skin-around NC15. I was recommended the next best color would be 401-71 which is supposed to lighter and less yellow.
My only gripe about it is that it has a fragrance and I generally like my products to be fragrance free. So I probably won't be getting this again, unless they remove the fragrance-then it would be perfect!
I have done a comparison to this and the Graftobian foundation on my Graftobian foundation review if you are debating which to get.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST concealer I've ever had. It's the first concealer I bought when I was in college until I broke the cap, repotted and eventually threw it away coz I guess my skin tone changed and didn't suit the color I have. After which I've purchased MAC studio finish and L'oreal true match which I think have their own purposes but I still ended up buying a new pot of Cinema Secrets. My perfect match is 304-32. Now I don't even bother looking for a foundation because CS is double purpose. But I use this mostly as concealer except on specific days that I need to look more polished, I use it as foundation. It doesn't fade quickly unlike MAC and L'oreal which is important for me because my skin scars easily. I need the best coverage while my pimple scars are fading.

I love the creamy texture- I don't need to drag especially under my eyes. MAC is harder to apply and L'oreal is too watery. This one is just perfect.

Price isn't the cheapest but for the performance of the product, I don't mind paying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by knicks

I've searched high and low for concealers to conceal my acne scarring. I've almost tried every brand that I could get my hands on in hong kong and nothing works. Out here in hong kong, they have very limited brand color selection and have been very upset about it. For reference, I wear MAC-NC40, MUFE - #155, Bobbi Brown - #4.5 (Warm Natural) and currently, I found out that in CS, I'm #305-72 (medium yellow golden beige). Also, I'm very prone to breakouts. This foundation/concealer glides on my skin like silk and the coverage shocked me. It really covers every single hyper-pigmentation on my face. I was speechless. So far it hasn't break me out. I will definitely purchase this again and again. Love it!