December 18, 2014 | 1610 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the first reddish lipstick that I like on me. I actually was going for another nude lipstick when I asked about a red lipstick. (I've always wanted a red lipstick but never found the right shade. That was until the met MA that changed the my perception about red lipstick.) He found the right shade and did a little trick that made the color look fabulous on me.

I must say, it looked rather intimidating and I had second thoughts when he first showed it to me. But then the trick - he lightly lined and colored my lips with Brick lip liner to even and tone down pink lips (which normally changes the huge on my lipsticks). It looked so striking and beautiful! It didn't look loud, overly bright - more Sade looking.

Without the liner base, it looked like a coral red, a bit deeper then MAC's Chili. A very nice classic pinup red look for a brown girl! I'm a NC45 (yellow/olive undertones) for reference.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by fleurissante

Lady Danger is a bright tomato red matte lipstick. It is a tiny bit too orange for my undertone, but I can still pull it off. The pigmentation is amazing - just dabbing it slightly gives an opaque color which wears on and on and on. I never really believed that a lipstick can last for hours even when you drink or eat (none of my HE do) but Lady danger wears for hours. This of course means that you have to be careful when you apply it because the smallest mistake will be hard to fix.
I have an issue with the texture of the lipstick. While it goes on easily, after half an hour it starts to feel dry on the lips. It doesn't dry the lips out, but it leaves an uncomfortable feeling on the lips - the one which screams: give me the lip balm.
I also don't like European prices - when I got it, the price was 19 euros.
In spite of that, Lady Danger is a lipstick I'd recommend if you are on a hunt for a bold shade. Once I spend mine, I'll definitely repurchase it. For those who are afraid of Lady Danger intensity I'd recommend Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Nahema - very similar colour, but not as pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not for the faint hearted!, this shows up as a fierce red-orange against my complexion which I absolutely adore. Upon visiting the MAC counter I wanted to try out a lipstick that was different to a classic red shade a la Ruby Woo but also something that screamed Summer... and then Lady Danger spoke out me 'choose me! choose me!', without second thought I bought it and haven't looked back since, The matte finish accompanied by the unique orange tone gives Lady Danger somewhat of a je ne sais quoi, simply amazing. I'm pretty much known for wearing bold lip colours so this is no competition to me but this is ultimately a great colour on my NW43 skin. LOVES IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ssroba085

Super pigmented, vivid, pin-up style orange based red. The colour pay off is just incredible. This is my go-to red lipstick and receives compliments each time without fail. Due to it's matte finish, it can be slightly drying if I don't wear MAC prep + prime lip underneath. I have white blonde hair and nw20 shade skin tone to which Lady Danger is very complimentary

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Ladybetter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The lipstick is pretty. It's really bright so if you're really dark skinned, I don't suggest you purchase it. It's bright but its not awkward bright, I don't know how MAC does it tbh. It's pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MarieQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick so much! I spent ages looking for a bold, matte red lipstick that has no trace of pink whatsoever.
It looks bright red on my lips - the orange base makes it stand out strong
Others have mentioned this is a classic pin-up red and I totally agree.
The matte texture makes it somehow more casual and edgy than a shiny lipstick would be. I wear this on nights out with glamorous mascara and liner or during the day with my ray ban glasses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite red lip. The perfect pin-up color. The orange in this is gorgeous with my skin, and honestly, this color is universally flattering. I am very pale with freckles and this red is by far the best one I've ever worn. If you like coral and peach lips and are looking for a bold red, Lady Danger is it.

I also love that you can make this more red or more orange depending on your lip liner or base. It is so versatile despite being such a bold color. Saturated, pigmented, stays on all day. You'll look like a classic movie star, and you'll feel like one too. At least I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ruby Woo and Cherry lipliner are my HG for a red lip. Those are both blue toned, and I wanted more of a orange-red to have in my collection. This is so fiery! As Ruby Woo and Cherry lip pencil are my favorite blue toned lips, Lady Danger paired with Redd lip pencil are my favorite red-orange toned lips! You can't be shy and wear this, it's such a bright fiery red! So gorgeous, and definitely looks good in the summer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this lipstick!

MAC lipsticks have been my favourite by far - long wearing, creamy, highly pigmented, and smell lovely! I use a MAC lipliner under this red before I apply, and it lasts for an incredibly long time... The colour is fantastic as well - a bright warm red, verging on red-orange, that is so flattering on every skin tone from lovely dark skin to the super pale.

I give this lipstick a perfect "score" as for me there is no improvement to be made to the function, price, or packaging. Love it, 'nuff said.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best red I've ever used without a doubt, the pigment suits my olive skin tone perfectly, alot of reds can make me look washed out or dare I say it?... old??this looks good on whatever the weather and will be a firm staple in may MU bag for the forseeable - remember to exfoliate those lips though, it's a dry lipstick and will show up any flakiness ;)