July 24, 2014 | 1077 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Once applied to my face, it really accentuated dry patches of skin that I never even knew existed on my face. My face is extremely oily, but this stuff kept on my face. The SA put this on first then followed with the ULTRA powder foundation, and said that it would last throughout the whole day. It is true it lasted for more than 14 hours and i didnt even have to blot once!!! it is really incredible, but i do highly recommend putting a moisturizer on right before applying this, that was probably my problem with it. but it looked amazing and flawless on my skin! i would recommend if you have oily skin, i would steer clear of it if you have dry skin ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this foundation while looking up different liquid foundations on MUA by number of reviews and then looking at the rating. I typically only choose something that's at 3.9 or higher. This was at 4.0 and I figured I would go into the local shop and pick up a sample to see the raving reviews.

Right now my HG foundation is Revlon Colorstay for the sole fact that it stays on for a fair enough amount of time and photographs well. Granted, I prefer the double wear foundation but, the photography is what gets me everytime.

Merle Norman doesn't offer samples so I had to purchase the foundation in hopes of liking it (although she did say they would give me a full refund if I didn't like it). I came home, immediately put my face on and start snapping away.

Let me just start off by saying that this foundation is not for those looking for sheer coverage, someone with dry skin, or someone who doesn't like a matte finish. This foundation is literally everything I've ever wanted in a foundation. The liquid itself is so easy to apply and the second you put it on your see an immmediate satin finish on your face it was amazing. I will let you know that this foundation can easily be over done, a little goes a long way.

My foundation routine consists: MUFE Hd primer, murad oil control mattifyer in my t-zone, and then I apply my foundation with a beauty blender and set with NARS loose powder and when I'm going out, I'll set that again with NARS foundation powder. It's a lot but I like to make sure I don't have to reapply, especially living out in Arizona where it's extremely hot out and dancing in a club at 90 degrees is not a pretty sight.

This foundation literally lasts as long as you want it to, no touch-ups untill you wash it off. Even washing it off was a task so I suggest you purchase a cleansing oil that will let this foundation come off easier. The color range was incredible. For those who are wondering I'm in the color "Ecru" and in MAC i'm an NC40. It looked a little too dark when she applied it so it may be suitable to anyone in the NC40-45 range.

Overall I'm so happy with this foundation, I've been looking for something exactly like the double wear with no face wash outs when pictures are taken and this is it! This stays on LONGER than the DL and photographs beautifully. Can't wait to try more Merle Norman products!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by crimea

This is what I have been search for - long lasting, just the right coverage, perfect color match. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

one word: AMAZING.

i have been searching for the perfect matte foundation foreever now! i have the oiliest skin ever and this is perfect:) perfect color also! LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by blueroses99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This foundation provides medium to full coverage. Gives off a slightly dewy finish and last for hours over a good face primer. That being said it does tend to show off dry patches in your skin after awhile. Moisturize before you apply if you have dry skin. It will make a difference. A very good foundation that will last you. Doesn't cause breakouts. Biggest downside is the price...but you get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mlevek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luckily, I didn't purchase this, just tried a sample. Maybe I used way too much but I put it on just like my Revlon Colorstay. I loved it at first, the coverage is phenomenal! But, as it started to dry, my face became tight and EVERY single wrinkle and dry patch showed. (Even wrinkles I didn't know I had!) I also put powder over the top which I think is not necessary with this! As the day goes on, I'm finding it's getting weirder, very splotchy. If you have VERY oily skin, you would probably love this but it's way to drying for my combo skin! Excellent coverage though! Think I'll stick to my Colorstay!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by haleymelancon06

This is honestly the best foundation I have found to date. It gives awesome coverage, and stays on forever..almost to the point where it's hard to get off lol. It dries fairly quickly, so you kind of have to work fast with it. The only bad thing I can really say about it is the price isn't that great..and with everyday use I go through the tube in about a month or two. I have been searching for a cheaper alternative, but have yet to find one that works as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by bibianchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pro:
- ease of use: the consistency of the foundation is great, it's very light, very easy to apply
- (a bit) economy: a little goes a long way, a pea size is good for my entire face
- coverage: medium-full coverage, no fine-lines showing
- matte: oil-free throughout the day, creating this perfect look, okay for my dry skin

Con:
- a bit dramatic for daily life (although it does looks more natural after hours) looks like an anchor lady / bride for whole day
- pricy: $32 USD for 1 oz. SA said container has to be air-tight or the whole thing will be wasted.
update: this thing gives me little pimples, can't wear it :( continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Lucy60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good foundation without looking like foundation. Covers my not-so-flawless face so well that I get compliments on what a nice complexion I have (if they only knew!). Stays put all day, doesn't smear or bleed onto clothing. Can be drying, but if you put MN moisturizer prior to applying, it doesn't feel or look drying . Best foundation I have found for Houston's high humidity. A bit on the expensive side, but lasts a while, so it is worth it. Have been using MN since I was a teen. It is a great brand, just misunderstood.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by annievell

Okay Okay, heres the deal with this foundation if you are wondering....
people who review this saying "ew omg this is like wearing a mask" are obviously not looking for a long wear-good coverage foundation. If you want a light tinted moisturizer, this aint for you. if you want something super natural looking....sorry, same goes for you. I wear makeup because my skin isn't usually all that great and i dont care if people can see i wear makeup....because i WANT THE COVERAGE...and unfortunately, i havent found a foundation that has decent coverage and is invisible to the naked eye. this is what it is. good buildible coverage, long lasting. smudge proof awesomeness (if you think like i do) ... i dont want to hug someone and leave a face print on their shirt....this wont do that. yes you can swim in it, tho who would really wanna do that, idk. doesn't clog my pores as far as i can tell and as far as a setting powder i would recommend MN oil control translucent powder. its awesome...to the point.

EDIT: the less you use of this, the better it will look on your skin as the day progresses. ex: as my skin improves (THANK YOU JOJOBA OIL) im using less foundation. if you use more of this, as the day progresses you might get little spots on your nose and chin when you may be more oily. the less you use, the less this happens... but the foundation will still accentuate pores due to oil (i have oily skin) and will make foundation a little "sticky"

i thiiiink my new HG is double wear.... though this comes in a close second.

FINAL EDIT 4/16/11

i keep trying to come back to this....but after comparing it to the EL DW line, i know for sure that this doesn't match up!

it looks nice for the first 5 hours on my oily skin...which is good!...but when it gets oily, YOUR SCREWED! your foundation gets super tacky with this (if you have oily skin like me) and separates around the pores, which gets VERY hard to correct after it occurs. DWL is comparable. still gets a little oily, but not tacky. less coverage with DWlight, but at least its easier to maintain throughout the day with a little powder

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No