Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

4.1

Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405

on 9/18/2011 8:38:00 AM

My HG foundation search just may be over...

I'm almost 30 and still have acne (mostly hormonal) and I also have a lot of acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and moderately oily skin. I've tried a lot of DS foundations which get oily on me within hours and feel like they just slid off my face. I've tried department store brands which weren't much better.

This foundation is completely different. It is extremely watery and thin, so it doesn't look like its going to do much, but once you blend it onto your face it dries into this natural matte finish that doesn't accentuate pores or look like a cakey mess. It covered my acne scars and still-healing blemishes beautifully.

I set it with a light dusting of the MN Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation and it lasted all day. Literally all day, no blotting, no powdering. And after 12 hours of wear it looked as fresh as when I put it on.

I wear Alabaster Beige and it is almost perfect for my NC25/30 skin. Will definately repurchase this baby!!

on 8/28/2011 9:14:00 AM

I have FINALLY found a makeup that will stay on my extremely oily t-zone! I have tried sooo many over the years. Almost every brand you can think of, I have tried. To name a few..... I wanted to have mineral make-up work, it looked great for about 45 minutes, but then when I would look in the mirror it was just gone, melted off. Colorstay did not stay either. EL Double Wear lasted longer, but it looked so masky even with brush application. I finally tried Merle Norman Lasting Luxiva and I can't believe my eyes- Every time I look in the rearview mirror, or pass a mirror, or use a public bathroom when I'm out, my makeup is still the way it looked when I put it on in the morning! Even after a humid day. All I have to do is blot. I did use my RoC primer, and I found that applying with a flat-topped brush made the coverage look so natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok when it comes to foundation I am a snob.....it has to do everything I need it to do and it has to be true to its claims. 1st it does last the entire day into night . 2nd It has a very light silky feel but still covers imperfections. 3rd is matte finish . 4th the color matches my skin and it actually looked like my skin only better. I felt the coverage was medium/full but I'm sure it could be thinned out even more with a damp brush or mixed with moisturizer for lighter coverage. I've used Estee Lauder double wear and Double wear light and I never did like the heavy feel of either of these and I always felt the colors were just wrong! Not with this foundation. Although this is a beautiful foundation with initial application, I found as the day progressed I started to look OLD.
I am a very young looking 44 and I could not tolerate looking 10 years older! I am sure this would be beautiful for someone with more natural moiture in their skin, but I ended up returning because of the extra dryness it caused. The color Alabaster was a perfect match.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once applied to my face, it really accentuated dry patches of skin that I never even knew existed on my face. My face is extremely oily, but this stuff kept on my face. The SA put this on first then followed with the ULTRA powder foundation, and said that it would last throughout the whole day. It is true it lasted for more than 14 hours and i didnt even have to blot once!!! it is really incredible, but i do highly recommend putting a moisturizer on right before applying this, that was probably my problem with it. but it looked amazing and flawless on my skin! i would recommend if you have oily skin, i would steer clear of it if you have dry skin ladies.

on 6/14/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I stumbled across this foundation while looking up different liquid foundations on MUA by number of reviews and then looking at the rating. I typically only choose something that's at 3.9 or higher. This was at 4.0 and I figured I would go into the local shop and pick up a sample to see the raving reviews.

Right now my HG foundation is Revlon Colorstay for the sole fact that it stays on for a fair enough amount of time and photographs well. Granted, I prefer the double wear foundation but, the photography is what gets me everytime.

Merle Norman doesn't offer samples so I had to purchase the foundation in hopes of liking it (although she did say they would give me a full refund if I didn't like it). I came home, immediately put my face on and start snapping away.

Let me just start off by saying that this foundation is not for those looking for sheer coverage, someone with dry skin, or someone who doesn't like a matte finish. This foundation is literally everything I've ever wanted in a foundation. The liquid itself is so easy to apply and the second you put it on your see an immmediate satin finish on your face it was amazing. I will let you know that this foundation can easily be over done, a little goes a long way.

My foundation routine consists: MUFE Hd primer, murad oil control mattifyer in my t-zone, and then I apply my foundation with a beauty blender and set with NARS loose powder and when I'm going out, I'll set that again with NARS foundation powder. It's a lot but I like to make sure I don't have to reapply, especially living out in Arizona where it's extremely hot out and dancing in a club at 90 degrees is not a pretty sight.

This foundation literally lasts as long as you want it to, no touch-ups untill you wash it off. Even washing it off was a task so I suggest you purchase a cleansing oil that will let this foundation come off easier. The color range was incredible. For those who are wondering I'm in the color "Ecru" and in MAC i'm an NC40. It looked a little too dark when she applied it so it may be suitable to anyone in the NC40-45 range.

Overall I'm so happy with this foundation, I've been looking for something exactly like the double wear with no face wash outs when pictures are taken and this is it! This stays on LONGER than the DL and photographs beautifully. Can't wait to try more Merle Norman products!

on 5/21/2011 9:06:00 PM

This is what I have been search for - long lasting, just the right coverage, perfect color match. Love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

one word: AMAZING.

i have been searching for the perfect matte foundation foreever now! i have the oiliest skin ever and this is perfect:) perfect color also! LOVE.

on 2/26/2011 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This foundation provides medium to full coverage. Gives off a slightly dewy finish and last for hours over a good face primer. That being said it does tend to show off dry patches in your skin after awhile. Moisturize before you apply if you have dry skin. It will make a difference. A very good foundation that will last you. Doesn't cause breakouts. Biggest downside is the price...but you get what you pay for.

on 2/16/2011 6:29:00 PM

Luckily, I didn't purchase this, just tried a sample. Maybe I used way too much but I put it on just like my Revlon Colorstay. I loved it at first, the coverage is phenomenal! But, as it started to dry, my face became tight and EVERY single wrinkle and dry patch showed. (Even wrinkles I didn't know I had!) I also put powder over the top which I think is not necessary with this! As the day goes on, I'm finding it's getting weirder, very splotchy. If you have VERY oily skin, you would probably love this but it's way to drying for my combo skin! Excellent coverage though! Think I'll stick to my Colorstay!

This is honestly the best foundation I have found to date. It gives awesome coverage, and stays on forever..almost to the point where it's hard to get off lol. It dries fairly quickly, so you kind of have to work fast with it. The only bad thing I can really say about it is the price isn't that great..and with everyday use I go through the tube in about a month or two. I have been searching for a cheaper alternative, but have yet to find one that works as well.