October 24, 2014 | 1008 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer in Eros

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Poohbear9796

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lip color. It's a beautiful sheer raspberry color, and it's my lips, only better. It's not a slick shiny type of gloss, but a little tacky, which adds to the great staying power. The negatives are that it comes in a pot which makes it very inconvenient and rather a pain to carry as well as to reapply as I have to carry a lip brush. The other major negative is the outrageous price of $23, and I hate to say it, but I would buy this again because it's worth the money and looks so great on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlilli0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Gorgeous color! Sephora describes it as a "raspberry rose with shimmer" which I guess is rather accurate.

It comes off on me a very demure violet-rose color with a classy shimmer and shine. It great for creating an angelic, ethereal, fairy-like look. I like to wear it in conjunction with NARS Taos and a shimmery shadow. I always wear it over a rosy lipstick to add greater depth to it.

All-in -all it's an excellent gloss though. The texture is good not too sticky but not so greasy and insubstantial that it lacks staying power.

My only gripe would be the pot and the price. The pot means you have to tote around a good a lip brush to use with it. The price, $23, is kinda steep. This though is such a lovely color that none of those things will stop me from buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Vac513

Oh my goodness, this is lovely. It looked perfect against my pale skin. The only thing that kept this from 5 lippies is the outrageous price. For $23, this gloss better do my dishes! But it's so lovely and shimmery, I keep falling in love with it over and over again. Sigh.
UPDATE: So I finally splurged and bought a brand new pot of this... I just had to add that every time I wear it, I love it more and more. NARS, you're evil! I never wanted to love a lip gloss that's this expensive this much! So I'm changing my review to 5 lippies... It's just too gorgeous, I can't take it anymore. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Beautiful! It's a sheer raspberry color that gives a beautiful pop of color to lips. It's also a very natural-looking lipcolor when you don't want to look all made up. This is a very "sticky" gloss though, but I enjoy sticky glosses because they stay on. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like NARS Lacquers because these glosses have incredible staying power, goes on sticky but not too sticky, has a nice glossy finish but not glassy goopy, and the colors are flattering. Eros is a deep raspberry with subtle gold and silver shimmer. It goes on sheer with the first coat, but that's perfect for giving my medium mauvey lips that juicy berryish plump look. The shimmer isn't OTT or chunky, it's very fine and adds dimension to your lips instead of a layer of frost. I love this color! I just wish it didn't come in pot form and didn't smell like burnt plastic. I don't mind applying with fingers but the smell is atrocious when I apply this way. Using a lipbrush gives sheerer coverage and I have to carefully layer Eros on my lips (1 light sheer layer, wait a minute or 2 for the scent to dissipate, then another sheer layer) because that's the only way I can tolerate the smell. That's a lot of work just to apply lipgloss. NARS Product Development - if you're listening - get rid of this smell and I will buy your entire Lacquer collection! Thanks.

For reference I'm Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5. I like to pair Eros with cooltoned pink or berry based blushes like NARS Outlaw, Cargo Polynesia, Sue Devitt Belize, BB Peony Shimmerbrick, or Shu Antique Pink. For now I selected YES to repurchase but that's because I love the color and texture so much. If I come across a clone (but fragrance free) then I would be all over that one instead! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yet another fabulous lip gloss. Like I mentioned in my review of Chelsea Girls, I have learned to love the NARS lip lacquer. At first they seem thick, maybe sticky, but it depends on what look you are going for. That's why it's LACQUER! It's meant to be thick and it provides more coverage and more color. Eros is a really pretty color, too. Not the pinkish gloss you usually see, not too red and not beige...it's still fairly neutral.

EDIT: I do have to say that this is REALLY sticky feeling and I don't always enjoy wearing it due to the stickiness, but it is pretty! Oh, these lip lacquers smell bad, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by eschanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous color for my NC35 skin. I use it with MAC plum liner. For a gloss, it has long staying power, better than some lipsticks I use. Not too shiny and my hair doesn't stick to it like other glosses. This the BEST gloss I have ever used. Just love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by max_fab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love the colour...kind of a deep raspberry with some gold shimmer to it. the texture's nice, thick and kind of whipped, which i think makes it last longer than other lip glosses. but the smell! it stinks so much i can't stand it. i have to put a clear, vanilla-scented lip gloss over it just to mask the awful fragrance. for that reason, i would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by octoberbride

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous deep berry with gold shimmer. I just wish it didn't come in that little pot because I never have a lipbrush with me and end up using my fingers to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 9:58:00 AM More reviews by piggiejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SHADE! its a gorgeous reddy shade with some berry tones to it. highly pigmented, its enough to use it alone without any lipstick. its abit sticky but that helps with its lasting power.

it also looks gorgeous with chelsea girls layered over it.

i would definitely repurchase once i run out - but i only wish it wasnt in a pot form because its just so terribly inconvenient to touch up when you're outside unless you have a lip brush - and i dont like to use my finger with it continued >>