La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 7/21/2011 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Things were good at inital usage of this moisturizer. I had no real complaints, only that it didn't really sink into the skin that well and it kind of just sat there on top. I thought I was relieved that I finally found something geared for sensitive reactive skin. I thought the price is a bit silly for a simple moisturizer but I'm willing to shell out whatever it takes to make my skin happy. After about two weeks of using this, I was getting covered with clogged pores and some breakouts. I'm not 100% sure, but maybe Squalene is to blame. When I stopped using this, my skin slowly came back to normal. What a headache!

worst product EVER. made me break out badly in whiteheads and some cysts after several uses. i put this on during the day only, and kept getting new pimples throughout the day. the other toleriane products are horrible too, super greasy and not moisturizing. dirt cheap cetaphil is even better. the only decent toleriane product is the foaming face wash. i would never ever recommend this to a friend, in fact i will be warning ppl to stay away from it!

on 5/7/2011 4:02:00 PM

This is one of the very few moisturisers I can use without irritating my skin or breaking out. It's super reliable in that sense and has a very light feel. It doesn't help with my redness but at least it doesn't add to it. Unfortunately it leaves a really bad sheen on my skin and makes my forehead look like a frying pan - and my skin isn't oily. Neither is sufficiently hydrating. It goes pretty well under make-up and that's how I'm planning to use the rest of my bottle. (I also use it on my elbows but it doesn't help much) I won't be buying it again.

on 5/7/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My skin is ultra sensitive, it breaks out on alcohol, any xHA, any salicylates, witch hazel, caster oil and this is the only day moisturizer that I can use.....the only rant is that I find that it is not moisturising enough.

on 12/4/2010 5:01:00 AM

i've been using this moisturizer for a few years, it is the only one i've been able to find that doesn't break me out. i think it's b/c it doesn't have a 'cone in the top ingredients (or maybe at all? i can't remember). it is really light though, i wish it was more moisturizing for my combo skin. but the next one up, the one made for combo skin, has cyclopentasiloxane which does break me out. it feels great though, too bad.

i would def try this if you have sensitive oily breakout prone skin.

on 11/17/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

*Review Update: I previously wrote how wonderful this moisturizer was, and that it did not clog my sensitive acne-prone skin, but after a week or two of using it, I am constantly getting some new breakouts. I did not have any active acne prior to using this product. After a few weeks I noticed that I kept getting some breakouts including whiteheads. I really wished it was not this moisturizer, so I had stopped using everything else and kept trying this. But unfortunately it was definitely this that was causing my breakouts. I am very disappointed at the moment because I really liked this moisturizer, and it felt good on the skin.
Becareful if you are very prone to acne. The ingredient Squalane is what makes up most of this moisturizer. I have found many people do not have immediate reactions to squalane, but lots of pore clogging after a week or two of using it. It is not supposed to be comedogenic but it seems too much squalane (sebum like ingredient) can clog pores.

on 11/7/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I have used this and the version with sunscreen and I love them both. and I will be repurchasing in spring. I have and tried enough moisturizers to claim simply that no other moisturizer at this price range works as well under foundation as Toleriane soothing fluid. Love the light scent, light texture that sinks in immediately and the light sheen that it leaves. Very elegant finish to this and my dry skin is finding enough moisturizer. It acts like a primer, my skin is slick and smooth and moisturized with a slip that grabs foundation. Because it absorbs so fast that I don't need to wait to make up. And it never caused any clogged pores and it is "soothing" as the day went on. No flakes or tightness when I wash everything off. Combined use with my HG dianeal at night gave me the most silky and clear results. But I know that this will not be moisturizing enough now. The riche version is more moisturizing but less effective under layers. Truly a multi-purpose light lotion that deliver.

on 10/25/2010 9:32:00 PM

this was a good product but i have a feeling it broke me out a little..not cystic like a got from cerave moisturizing lotion but little annoying pimples. for the price it wasnt worth it

on 10/11/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to moisturizer. I have sensitive, dry-combination skin. I have used this moisturizer for more than 3 years and know that it will never cause a break out no matter how 'stressed' my skin currently is. It is a light fluid like its name suggests and is best for light hydration. If you have very dry skin, this is probably not for you. It does not contain silicones, fragrance, or preservatives. It comes in a white pump bottle that is fuss-free and hygienic and has never given me any problems with breaking or getting stuck. Every morning I apply two pumps of this product on my face and neck, then a sunscreen. At night I apply a treatment serum then this moisturizer on top. When my skin is particularly dry or during the winter months, I would follow with a heavier moisturizer around my eyes and on any dry areas. This product is available in pharmacies around the world. I will use this product for as long as they continue to make it.

on 9/12/2010 7:28:00 PM

I used this product only once. It went on smooth and left my face feeling really soft. I then noticed about 15 minutes after applying my checks were turning a light pick colour. I thought it made me look more alive. My face was kind glowing. Then I noticed a greasy oily forehead which I didn't like. This product just stayed on the surface of my face. Like an oily sheen. A few hours after applying I noticed some pores were getting irritated and swelling, kinda like I was bitten by a few mosquitos. So, I washed it off. There was no burning. But, that said. I returned it back to the store. That is too bad because I really liked how it went on smooth and left my face a little brighter looking.

Popular Moisturizers