April 18, 2014 | 1598 users online

Crème - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish Sponge-On Creme Make-up

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ford8161

I bought this on a whim for £9.99. I have a mix of high end and low end makeup, so I am not fussy about branding. My previous HG was revlon colourstay, but I found that that product dryed really quickly, so it was difficult to blend. This however is creamy, with lovely coverage and fantastic colour match. A classic that I am kicking myself for not trying before. Like a few ladies on here I thought of Elizabeth arden as for the more, ahem, mature lady, but this stuff is great. will buy again and again and again...........

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hippiebee114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My definite and infinite Holy Grail in foundations!
I am a fair blonde with a reddish undertone and brown eyes. My skin is sensitive and has some dry patches along with some oily areas.

Let me list all the foundations I have tried (yes, I remeber a lot of them, and definitely a lot of them in a bed way):
-L'oreal (all of the foundations)
-Chanel vita lumiere
-Chanel teint innocence
-Diorskin forever
-Diorskin nude
-Lancaster skin radiance foundation
-Max Factor Miracle touch
-Estee Lauder Nutritious

ANd lots more. As you can see, I tried all the high priced and fairly low priced brands, but none of them were as good as this one. My mom uses it since ages and since it is not availabe here in the Netherlands, I buy it on the net. I have to buy this per 15 pieces a time because my mom's 4 sisters and 3 friends, 4 nieces of mine, 2 friends of mine and a collegea all use this foundation! It is AWESOME!!!!! it leaves my skin feeling soft, hydrated and radiant and it looks like I have the most flawless skin ever! The first time I wore this I was working and a woman came in and asked me if I used foundation because my skin looked so flawless, radiant and beautiful. I was sold. I was wearing this foundation for 2 hours and I already got my first compliment! Ladies, for dry skin and for normal skin, this is really the best foundation. Buildable coverage which is great!

Only thing is, I had to buy 2 shades before I had the right shade (that's the problem when you can't try it in the store but have to buy from the net, next to that, I have the lightest shade so I couldn't try the shades from alle the people I have to buy this for) but if you search well you can find them at such great prices that you won't mind because this foundation will keep you happy for the rest of your life (better then a man huh?).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jillianh

I noticed someone in work putting this on and it looked amazing on so I had to try it for myself. Normally I wouldn't go near elizabeth arden, i always thought it was designed for older women.
I had a look online and found some really good deals on the price but i wasn't sure on the colour choice, I always have to go for the lightest shade of any foundation which is always called 'ivory', but i thought i should go to my nearest counter and make sure, and I'm glad I did! I would recommend to everyone to try it at the counter first.
The woman at the counter said i was a perfect match to 'sun beige' and i have to agree, although normally i wouldn't go near anything with the word 'sun' or 'beige' in it.
The first thing you notice is the smell, not really unpleasant, but kind of an old lady perfume smell, but it wears off quickly.
I used the sponge dry as I need full coverage, I have really sensitive skin and I'm prone to red patches, this covered up almost everything perfectly! There was only a couple of recent acne scars on my chin that u could see from close up, but concealer sorted that.
The thing i worry most about foundations is that they will aggravate my skin and cause spots, but so far, this hasn't at all.
I also have somehow oily/spotty, and dry/flaky skin at the same time, so it's tricky to find a foundation which helps one flaw but makes the other worse, but this was perfect! It was creamy enough to not make my skin more flaky, but not so much that it made it shiny.
The only bad things about this are the smell, the price is steep but you can look around for good deals, and i would like it to cover up some little scars a bit more.
But, overall, I would recommend to everyone to try this at their nearest counter, one of my favourite foundations, and i would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my all time faves that I always go back to. I have dry skin and very small pores so that may be why I can pull off such a heavy creamy foundation. You could wet the sponge for a lighter finish if you want. The only thing I don't care for is the strong smell. I'm used to it though, and nothing performs like this imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by EvaDonohoe

I really LOVE this product. Its wierd like i have oily skin and this is for normal skin and it seriously is one of the only foundations that doesnt go oily on me..well for like7 hours anyway. it has great coverage which i need and it smells so good :L Its pretty thick and also it comes in very dark colours but its still amazing. and its not even expensive. i got it for ten euro on sale and its normally 16, so thats not bad at all. I will definatley buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by SWEET88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Adore this product. It leaves my skin looking so flawless. It covers up my acne scars around my chin wonderfully and evens out my redness. I wet the face sponge with Avene thermale water then apply the foundation. This works better than applying with a foundation brush as my face dont look so dry. Would definitly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using revlon colorstay in the summer for the staying power but in the winter i wanted something a little more moisturizing. I found this foundation at a warehouse sale for dirt cheap and this has been the HG foundation all winter. I think for the summer it may be a little oily and I will go back to revlon but I have to say my skin just glowed with this stuff. Covers beautifully without overkill, very smooth. I just apply with a damp sponge and go over it with loose powder. Love it!
Edit: still loving this for winter but when i wear primer under its even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by mamaof3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been in search of the perfect foundation for several years now. I have craters for pores and awful dark circles under my eyes and have never found a foundation that would cover well and not look cakey.
I may have finally found my HG! My skin looks so natural with this foundation! My pores aren't nearly as noticeable, which is a HUGE deal. It doesn't quite cover my circles, though, so the search for a good concealer continues.
The scent is quite strong, but for me, it isn't bad. Just brings back lots of memories as this is the foundation that my mother always wore when I was growing up.
So far, I love this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Sweetie360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my "most used" foundation. No matter what, I always end up going back to using this. I have tried several shades but the only one that blends with my skin tone the best is "Honey Beige". I have tried "Sun Beige", "Perfect Beige" and "Softly Beige" but all three of these are too light for my skin tone. I wish I could rate this product a 4.5/5 as the only thing that stops me from screaming about how great this product is, is the fact that it does make your skin appear very oily mid-afternoon, but if you make sure you apply some powder in the morning, it won't be as bad. It also doesn't hide my spot scars as much as I would like it to, but that's nothing abit of concealer can't solve.

The makeup is designed for combination and dry skin types. It's dermatologically, clinically and allergy tested. I've actually been using this foundation for 5 years now, my mum and aunty have been using it for about 15-20 years now and they swear by it. I have never had a bad reaction to this foundation and it doesn't make me spotty.

It blends well and you have the option of applying the foundation with a damp sponge for a flawless finish or a dry sponge for full coverage, I tend to go for the damp option as I don't look too heavily made up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by mazerooni987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my fave foundations ever! I have super pale skin and often find it very hard to get a brand to match a foundatin that blends in with my skin seamlessly. I use the Ivory 21 shade and it is perfect! I use the sponge to apply it and bear in mind a little goes a long way, the sponge does pick up a lot even though it might not seem like it at first! I found it gave great long lasting coverage. Using the sponge dry gives a fuller coverage but using a slightly damp sponge gives a lighter more dewy finish. This foundation lasts me bout 6 months which is fantastic for €25. Just make sure to wash the sponge once a week to clean it or else use a foundation brush. I use it more in the winter as I find in the summer it can feel a bit too heavy on your skin with the more humid weather but then everyone is different. Try it at the counter!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No