Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Creme Make-up

3.7

Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Polyglyceryl-10 Decaoleate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire De Carnauba, BHT, Mica, Talc, Parfum/Fragrance, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben [May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-) Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)]

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

This foundation is a cheaper version of Lancome's (the only comparison that comes to mind) photogenic compact makeup. I never really use the included sponge because I think latex wedge sponges spread much better. Also, the powdered scent can take some getting used to if your not used to using Arden foundations. (This scent isnt found in Estee Lauders foundations, hers are completely fragrance free, yet I prefer Arden for several reasons, some which I won't go into on this review). Despite its target demographic (older, white women), as a company, Elizabeth Arden offers a several pretty decent choices for women of color (which i'm quite satisfied with). Most of their newer foundations (like the updated Ceramide, intervene, and the mineral contain options for brown skin tones and their color selection is very well pigmented, esp. the color intrigue lipsticks, i think even more so than Clinique).

I chose the cream version because i'm trying to stay away from foundations that mattify my skin (this is why I have given up on estee lauder companies, because every one I go to wants to give me something oil free, if I can't find what i'm looking for at Arden, then i'll go to Fashion Fair or Clarins, those are my three go-to department store brands). I have normal/combination skin and it has the tendency to peel in some places. I realized that to look its best my skin needed extra comfort. I don't know why I chose the Flawless Finish over the Ceramide (probably because I thought the Ceramide would be too creamy), but i'm very pleased with the color, texture, and wearability of the foundation as a whole.

The texture is creamy, but not an overly-moisturizing creamy. I would say its more like a satin-matte creamy. It blends really well, doesn't oxidize like most other cream/powder foundations do. The color doesn't change and it covers, conceals, and hides flaws (or, is that what they mean by flawless finish?). This is my first Arden foundation, and i've figured that since i'm coming of age (will be 21 later this month) I should make up my mind on a foundation and stick with it (just the same as saving money, right?).

Anyway, i've become very attached to Elizabeth Arden's products over the years (well 3 or 4 years, i'm not that old). My first eyeliner and lipsticks came from EA. I grew up with my mother wearing red door perfume. And although she doesn't wear makeup, I showed her my foundation and shes like 'thats the best'. So if mom gives it her approval, then its definitely a winner.

So, I purchased this product to use at a wedding. I am a die-hard covergirl aquasmooth cream foundation user, and I was looking for an SPF-free alternative (aquasmooth has SPF 15. NOT a good look in flash photography) And found this. My first impression was 'wow, this is THICK!' so I moisturized quite heavily and used primer before putting this on. It was quite pleasant to apply but it did emphasize my dry spots. It looks VERY porcelain (I use ivory) and I am very pale to start with so this made me ghastly pale. I swept some Dandelion all over my face and it fixed the problem- the combination of the two is amazing. Be warned: the smell of this foundation is atrocious. I would liken it to the air freshener used in public toilets. If you can get past the smell, use a good primer and have normal/combination skin, this foundation is a gem. The compact is perfect and comes with a lot of product which is great. Minus one lippy for the toilet scent. I prefer my aquasmooth, but I will repurchase this in a heartbeat if I need to.

Two words: HOLY GRAIL!
Been using this foundation for 15 years, I have tried others from time to time but always come back. Constantly get compliments that my skin looks porcelain.

Full coverage, long wearing (set with powder), satin finish can be matte with powder.
Great for dry skin, wear mattifyer if oily.

None of the 'professional' cream foundations can compare!

I have to say I'm surprised this product works so well for me. Even though I am 50-plus, I still have some T-zone shine and large pores to deal with, and foundations which are recommended for normal to dry skin sometimes irritate my skin, I've had no problems with this. Plus the shade Sun Beige, despite the name, is about the closest color match I've ever found for my fair, cool-toned skin. I went so far as to pick up another to keep on hand, should my shade be out of stock .Application with a brush uses less product and helps smooth it out better. A keeper.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I got this foundation on sale so it was only 14 Euros at the time (I was shopping in the duty free at the Dublin Airport). This stuff is wonderful! It gives perfect coverage and blends in really well with my skin color. It isn't heavy and doesn't cause any breakout (I am rather acne-prone). However, I'd suggest that you use a small new sponge every time so it's more hygienic.

The smell is nice (kind of rosy). Moreover, it is very easy to use! Just dab the sponge on the cream and apply wherever needed – use your finger if you want more coverage. It is gentle enough for the eye area as well. Another thing I like is that it never gets messy like liquid foundation but maybe that’s a personal preference. Finally, the package also looks classy. I would definitely repurchase.

I bought this on a whim for £9.99. I have a mix of high end and low end makeup, so I am not fussy about branding. My previous HG was revlon colourstay, but I found that that product dryed really quickly, so it was difficult to blend. This however is creamy, with lovely coverage and fantastic colour match. A classic that I am kicking myself for not trying before. Like a few ladies on here I thought of Elizabeth arden as for the more, ahem, mature lady, but this stuff is great. will buy again and again and again...........

My definite and infinite Holy Grail in foundations!
I am a fair blonde with a reddish undertone and brown eyes. My skin is sensitive and has some dry patches along with some oily areas.

Let me list all the foundations I have tried (yes, I remeber a lot of them, and definitely a lot of them in a bed way):
-L'oreal (all of the foundations)
-Chanel vita lumiere
-Chanel teint innocence
-Diorskin forever
-Diorskin nude
-Lancaster skin radiance foundation
-Max Factor Miracle touch
-Estee Lauder Nutritious

ANd lots more. As you can see, I tried all the high priced and fairly low priced brands, but none of them were as good as this one. My mom uses it since ages and since it is not availabe here in the Netherlands, I buy it on the net. I have to buy this per 15 pieces a time because my mom's 4 sisters and 3 friends, 4 nieces of mine, 2 friends of mine and a collegea all use this foundation! It is AWESOME!!!!! it leaves my skin feeling soft, hydrated and radiant and it looks like I have the most flawless skin ever! The first time I wore this I was working and a woman came in and asked me if I used foundation because my skin looked so flawless, radiant and beautiful. I was sold. I was wearing this foundation for 2 hours and I already got my first compliment! Ladies, for dry skin and for normal skin, this is really the best foundation. Buildable coverage which is great!

Only thing is, I had to buy 2 shades before I had the right shade (that's the problem when you can't try it in the store but have to buy from the net, next to that, I have the lightest shade so I couldn't try the shades from alle the people I have to buy this for) but if you search well you can find them at such great prices that you won't mind because this foundation will keep you happy for the rest of your life (better then a man huh?).

I noticed someone in work putting this on and it looked amazing on so I had to try it for myself. Normally I wouldn't go near elizabeth arden, i always thought it was designed for older women.
I had a look online and found some really good deals on the price but i wasn't sure on the colour choice, I always have to go for the lightest shade of any foundation which is always called 'ivory', but i thought i should go to my nearest counter and make sure, and I'm glad I did! I would recommend to everyone to try it at the counter first.
The woman at the counter said i was a perfect match to 'sun beige' and i have to agree, although normally i wouldn't go near anything with the word 'sun' or 'beige' in it.
The first thing you notice is the smell, not really unpleasant, but kind of an old lady perfume smell, but it wears off quickly.
I used the sponge dry as I need full coverage, I have really sensitive skin and I'm prone to red patches, this covered up almost everything perfectly! There was only a couple of recent acne scars on my chin that u could see from close up, but concealer sorted that.
The thing i worry most about foundations is that they will aggravate my skin and cause spots, but so far, this hasn't at all.
I also have somehow oily/spotty, and dry/flaky skin at the same time, so it's tricky to find a foundation which helps one flaw but makes the other worse, but this was perfect! It was creamy enough to not make my skin more flaky, but not so much that it made it shiny.
The only bad things about this are the smell, the price is steep but you can look around for good deals, and i would like it to cover up some little scars a bit more.
But, overall, I would recommend to everyone to try this at their nearest counter, one of my favourite foundations, and i would definitely buy again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my all time faves that I always go back to. I have dry skin and very small pores so that may be why I can pull off such a heavy creamy foundation. You could wet the sponge for a lighter finish if you want. The only thing I don't care for is the strong smell. I'm used to it though, and nothing performs like this imo.

I really LOVE this product. Its wierd like i have oily skin and this is for normal skin and it seriously is one of the only foundations that doesnt go oily on me..well for like7 hours anyway. it has great coverage which i need and it smells so good :L Its pretty thick and also it comes in very dark colours but its still amazing. and its not even expensive. i got it for ten euro on sale and its normally 16, so thats not bad at all. I will definatley buy it again.