April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, admittedly more often than not I like the products by Kerastase, so maybe I am biased. I got this and the Ciment Anti-Usure (not sure about the spelling) as well as the equivalents from Redken (the Extreme series) after having mis-treated my hair with highlights for too long a time. IMHO the Kerastase products blows the Redken products of out the water. The shampoo leaves my hair clean for a long time (I can wash my hair every third day with it still being fresh should I want to with this shampoo provided that I do not use a lot of styling products). It has a very pleasant scent that does not compete with my perfume. The tendency for individual strands to break has reduced a lot. A little goes a long way, so I expect that by the time I finish this bottle I will not need to buy a new one as I no longer mistreat my hair in the same way...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Recommended to me by a hairdresser after a different haridresser fried my hair with too many highlights a few years ago.

I used it for a month about three times a week and I came away thinking this entire brand is seriously overated. It didn't do anything more than a high street intensive conditioner would do at a fraction of the price

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by zippytrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was recommended this shampoo by my mobile hairdresser (so she is not selling to me) - I bought from an online retailer.

I have highlighted hair (which is probably now at least 100% covered) and also have a lot of grey which makes my hair dry and hard to control.

This shampoo has been fantastic, my hair feels in much better condition. I recommend using a good quality conditioner with it as it can feel dry but this shampoo is to reconstruct the hair and not add moisture. My hairdresser describes this as repairing the holes in a bucket so you can add moisture - otherwise the moisture would run out. I alternate with the Nutritive range and have found my blonde highighted hair is looking much shinier and feels smoother - even the hubby has said "you're hair feels like real hair!" - a major compliment for him to notice! If a man can notice a difference, it has to be working - that's my honest opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First I will say: This is a great product! It does exactly what it is meant to do - and it does it well!

I read reviews for this product after I had bought it. Reading some of the poor reviews of it terrified me - it is so expensive and I thought I had thrown my money away!

I have been bleaching my hair for almost 4 years now. With diligent care it has remained quite healthy overall - but a recent move and enduring some notoriously hard water has left it very dry and brittle.

This shampoo is very good. It does exactly what it says it is supposed to do - it is building back up my dry brittle processed hair. I have been using it along with the Kerastase Age Recharge masque for about a week now (that's 3 washes) with great, soft, strong results. To the touch my hair feels thicker and softer.

(My stylist recommended that I only use it for 6 weeks at a time - though I often rotate in other shampoos/treatments anyway so I am not too concerned about her caution.)

I believe the poor reviews it has received is not because the product isn't good - it is because the reviewers chose the wrong product for their hair type!! If your hair is not in a position to require a good protein infusion it WILL feel hard and straw like after using this shampoo. From my experience it isn't that Bain de Force is not working - or it's a crappy product - it's that the product is working but on the wrong type of hair! (Resulting in the unwanted effects...)

Basically this product is for hair that needs strengthening and protein. It isn't going to hydrate your hair. It leaves my hair feeling soft afterward - but that's because my hair needs what it offers! I am purchasing this product again - and I am incorporating it with their hydrating masques/treatments. I believe a rotation of Kerastase products will bring my hair back to what it used to be before the pollution and hard water problems!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an awful product, other than the lovely fragrance. I have fine, dry, wavy hair that's untreated. After my BS2 shampoo ran out, thought I'd try the Bain de Force sample. After 2 uses in 3 days, my scalp has broken out in big red cysts. There are even a couple on my face, near my scalp. I rarely break out from anything. This was the only new product in rotation, so will not use it again. Quite a variance in Kerastase products, and have found sometimes they work better if used for a different hair type or regimen than suggested.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is filled with protein, which can be really drying if you over do it.

I didn't find that it did anything great for my hair,although it does smell nice.

It is also filled with tons of chemicals, which makes me wonder how much reconstructing it's capable of.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ivily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

did nothing for my hair.
had to wash it every day.
smells beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by englishgirlinasia

I use this twice a week, and alternate it with the Bain Nutri-Thermique. I have just got to the end of the bottle, and I have really, REALLY noticed a difference. I have fine, weak, horribly over-processed blonde hair, and this stuff has helped massively.

My hair is visibly stronger, no longer breaks when I brush it and has grown a lot faster over the past few weeks.

I would say that perhaps this shampoo isn't great to use every day, as it is fortifying rather than moisturising, and the very fine protective coating it leaves on the hair shaft can build up over time. However, if your hair is bleached and damaged, I really cannot recommend this enough. Used once or twice a week and followed by a really great deep conditioner (I use Phytokarite after it) it is a real hair saviour.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First things first, this line is supposed to reconstruct damaged hair. Can it pull it off?!

The great things about this shampoo...
It's really plesant to use, the consistency, the delicious smell.... The packaging is gorgeous!

And the bad stuff...
It is absolutely necessary to use a deep conditioner after this, other wise your hair will feel straw like!!! And even after applying a generous amount of a great deep treatment, my hair still feels a little dry and stiff.

The bottom line...
I guess this doesn't moisturise hair at all, and I also don't think it has the ability of reconstructing hair, so unfortunately I consider this a very poor investment, mainly considering it's quite pricey and the results if any, are not visible at al....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by goncas

This product is just good for fried, chemically damaged hair. I used it for 6 months along with age recharge mask to recover my bleached hair. Both worked quite well but after 6 months,my hair started to become very dry and I couldn't cope with combing my hair after using them.