November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent! I pair this with the masquintense for fine hair and the results are fab. I wasn't crazy that this contains SLS (my scalp usually hates sulfates) but I haven't had any issues yet, so I will continue to use. This is creamy and thick so you only need a teeny bit. I have used this with ciment, but not crazy about that combo so I will try another KS cond. to go with it. Highly recommended for color-treated, baby fine wavy hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by alexiscorner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this shampoo! I took a 5 hour Kerastase class today about all of their products and was given this as a sample.

It is great for hair that has been overly chemically processed. Bleach, dye, perms, chemical straightening.. etc. It contains a massive amount of protein for the hair which it needs to re-strengthen the fibre. It left my hair cleansed but full of body and shine... and my hair is very damaged from highlights. One thing the representative in the class noted is that you need to be using another product at least once a week that will add moisture to the hair. (Any Kerastase product that has orange packaging will add moisture.) This only provides protein, and if your hair is not chemically damaged it will be too much protein and make the hair feel like straw. It will not repair heat styling damage, for that I would look for any product that has the word "thermique" in it, specifically nectar thermique.

Sorry for my technical speel, just thought I would pass on what I learned! Overall great shampoo for chemically damaged hair! What a difference!

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by organicjunkiee

I was asked to use this product along with oleo relax masque and elixir ultimate by ma hair dresser on ma supremely weakened hair which had started to break... But the reason why this shampoo didn't work was that the other two products I used were causing heavy build up which this shampoo was unable remove .it's an impotent shampoo loaded with chemicals which was leaving ma hair oily and dull...it also contains sls, so does dove or herbal essence ... So this shampoo is overated ... I have recently switched to other less chemically harmful shampoos which are performing better and are much milder than this one....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, admittedly more often than not I like the products by Kerastase, so maybe I am biased. I got this and the Ciment Anti-Usure (not sure about the spelling) as well as the equivalents from Redken (the Extreme series) after having mis-treated my hair with highlights for too long a time. IMHO the Kerastase products blows the Redken products of out the water. The shampoo leaves my hair clean for a long time (I can wash my hair every third day with it still being fresh should I want to with this shampoo provided that I do not use a lot of styling products). It has a very pleasant scent that does not compete with my perfume. The tendency for individual strands to break has reduced a lot. A little goes a long way, so I expect that by the time I finish this bottle I will not need to buy a new one as I no longer mistreat my hair in the same way...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Recommended to me by a hairdresser after a different haridresser fried my hair with too many highlights a few years ago.

I used it for a month about three times a week and I came away thinking this entire brand is seriously overated. It didn't do anything more than a high street intensive conditioner would do at a fraction of the price

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by zippytrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was recommended this shampoo by my mobile hairdresser (so she is not selling to me) - I bought from an online retailer.

I have highlighted hair (which is probably now at least 100% covered) and also have a lot of grey which makes my hair dry and hard to control.

This shampoo has been fantastic, my hair feels in much better condition. I recommend using a good quality conditioner with it as it can feel dry but this shampoo is to reconstruct the hair and not add moisture. My hairdresser describes this as repairing the holes in a bucket so you can add moisture - otherwise the moisture would run out. I alternate with the Nutritive range and have found my blonde highighted hair is looking much shinier and feels smoother - even the hubby has said "you're hair feels like real hair!" - a major compliment for him to notice! If a man can notice a difference, it has to be working - that's my honest opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First I will say: This is a great product! It does exactly what it is meant to do - and it does it well!

I read reviews for this product after I had bought it. Reading some of the poor reviews of it terrified me - it is so expensive and I thought I had thrown my money away!

I have been bleaching my hair for almost 4 years now. With diligent care it has remained quite healthy overall - but a recent move and enduring some notoriously hard water has left it very dry and brittle.

This shampoo is very good. It does exactly what it says it is supposed to do - it is building back up my dry brittle processed hair. I have been using it along with the Kerastase Age Recharge masque for about a week now (that's 3 washes) with great, soft, strong results. To the touch my hair feels thicker and softer.

(My stylist recommended that I only use it for 6 weeks at a time - though I often rotate in other shampoos/treatments anyway so I am not too concerned about her caution.)

I believe the poor reviews it has received is not because the product isn't good - it is because the reviewers chose the wrong product for their hair type!! If your hair is not in a position to require a good protein infusion it WILL feel hard and straw like after using this shampoo. From my experience it isn't that Bain de Force is not working - or it's a crappy product - it's that the product is working but on the wrong type of hair! (Resulting in the unwanted effects...)

Basically this product is for hair that needs strengthening and protein. It isn't going to hydrate your hair. It leaves my hair feeling soft afterward - but that's because my hair needs what it offers! I am purchasing this product again - and I am incorporating it with their hydrating masques/treatments. I believe a rotation of Kerastase products will bring my hair back to what it used to be before the pollution and hard water problems!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an awful product, other than the lovely fragrance. I have fine, dry, wavy hair that's untreated. After my BS2 shampoo ran out, thought I'd try the Bain de Force sample. After 2 uses in 3 days, my scalp has broken out in big red cysts. There are even a couple on my face, near my scalp. I rarely break out from anything. This was the only new product in rotation, so will not use it again. Quite a variance in Kerastase products, and have found sometimes they work better if used for a different hair type or regimen than suggested.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is filled with protein, which can be really drying if you over do it.

I didn't find that it did anything great for my hair,although it does smell nice.

It is also filled with tons of chemicals, which makes me wonder how much reconstructing it's capable of.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ivily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

did nothing for my hair.
had to wash it every day.
smells beautiful.