Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

I love this product. I cant live without now that I have tried. I love how it is so creamy and thick. It takes of makeup like a breeze and moisturizes so well even after you have cleansed. I would buy this product even if it was 3 times the price... That's how good it is and i would recommend it to anyone with skin.

Well, here is a review I never thought I would write. Pond's cold cream belongs in that category of beauty products that I always overlook in favor of more "glamorous" (i.e. more expensive items). I always associated this product with my great-grandma (who used it for decades and always had beautiful skin) but I assumed because I was acne-prone and had combination skin that it would break me out like crazy. And I always thought anything with mineral oil and fragrance would be a nightmare for my pores.

For the past two weeks, I've been faithfully massaging a dollop of this fragranced, greasy cream into my face, really working it into my skin in the hopes that it will unclog my pores and soothe my difficult skin. After it has turned my full face of makeup into a layer of beige colored grease, I dampen a washcloth with very warm water, and wipe it away. And everything comes off. By the time I'm done, the washcloth is saturated with oil and makeup. Sometimes, I even do it twice, starting over with another clean washcloth, if there was just a ton of makeup (sometimes I have a bad face day and things get out of hand lol) and usually there is hardly any visible makeup on the second washcloth, except smudges of long-wearing eye make-up remnants here and there. Now, despite knowing my face is clean, it doesn't feel squeaky clean at all, the way I was used to feeling. Even with other oil cleansers and balm cleansers I've used, I felt like most of any residual oil was rinsed away. Whereas with this, there is still a layer of moisture there. Actually, full disclosure, it feels like a layer of grease. Part of me still thinks, "but what if it breaks me out?!?" because of the conventional wisdom about oil (especially mineral oil) being comedogenic. And granted, any oil is very YMMV so mineral oil can break people out. But for some reason it seems to work for me.

More about my skin: very sensitive, very clog-prone, and I have been struggling with hormonal cystic acne on my chin and jawline for the past year or so, although I've had almost-constant breakouts of at least a mild variety ever since I was about 9 (I'm 25 now btw), so as you can imagine, I've tried freaking everything to get my skin better. BHA don't work for me, or they break me out. BP dries my face into the texture of a walnut. AHAs cause more cystic acne for me. Retin-a breaks me out. Accutane worked for a couple of years but now my skin is the same as before. BCP makes my blood pressure skyrocket. Spiro doesn't do anything for my skin, weirdly, and it did really strange, terrible things to my menstrual cycle. So I was running out of options, frankly.

Results: after more than two weeks, I can safely say this definitely does not break me out. (*knock on wood*). While I still have a couple of pimples on my chin at any given time (blergh), the rest of my face is so much better. All the irritation and rough texture and blotchiness that I thought was just a given for me, has calmed significantly. The rest of my face is so much more even-toned, it's astonishing to me. So while I'm still addressing the hormonal chin acne issues (which I suspect is something internal), I at least get to enjoy the rest of my face looking calm, clear, and healthy, which is more than any other product has ever given me, at least to this extent. Also, I sometimes go to bed with this slathered on my face as a night cream, and it seems to really help make my face look more radiant and supple the next morning. And now that I know my skin likes it, the smell and texture of the cream have grown on me. It's definitely an old-fashioned kind of product but it's definitely one of the better things I have ever used.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I usually use Jergens' all purpose face cream to remove my makeup and decided to try this one out. It worked well at removing my makeup but after a week of use I noticed two white bumps by my eye area. This is the only new item I incorporated to my routine, and can say with confidence that this product caused this. Needless to say I stopped using it and booked an appointment with my aesthetician. Don't know why I switched from my usual brand, never had an issue with the Jergens face cream. By the way, I do recommend that if you use any face cream to remove makeup that you wash your face with a cleanser. I use Fresh' soy face cleanser.

This a great makeup remover if you double cleanse like I do. I take a bit of the cream and work it in to my skin then use a tissue to wipe off most of the makeup from around my eyes and face. Once that's done I wash it all off with some warm water then follow with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to actually wash my face.

The trick is definitely to use warm water, with a cloth if you prefer, so it doesn't leave much of a residue. Any trace of residue is gone once I have washed with cetaphil.

I have combination skin particularly with an oily nose and chin and this product doesn't either break me out or make my skin more oily.

The best thing about this cream is that it does not irritate my eyes, which are quite sensitive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG makeup remover. Even though I was put off by the "old lady" smell at first, it doesn't bother me anymore. This is a very affordable and classic product that is definitely worth a try. It feels greasy when its on but its great at removing makeup before using a cleanser and toner. After taking this cream off, my face feels fresh, clean and most importantly, moisturized. I love feeling clean without my skin feeling dry and stripped of moisture. My skin feels so soft and clean after I use this, I will definitely repurchase this again and again.

This product works as well as many of the more expensive cold cream style cleansers on the market. It's smell is a bit cheap and cheerful, but not offensive to me personally. It's important to realize that this product needs to be removed with a tissue or wet cloth. If you try to just rinse it off, you'll be there a long time. I find that it's adjustable to my skin's needs - like all cold creams - by changing the water temp on the cloth. Colder to leave more moisture, hotter to remove more of the product. So for me it's cool in winter and hot/warm in summer. It does a great job of removing makeup and lets me skip adding a moisturizer much of the time. The gentle action of the cloth also exfoliates making this a classic all-in-one skincare product. If you don't like the scent or are allergic, please don't be afraid of trying another cold cream product. There is a reason they've been around for so long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this because I wanted to feel old fashioned and fancy while using it...but it really didn't work out. I tried this to get off heavy makeup one day and not only got my makeup off but I also got a serious reaction. My skin burned so bad that I had to slather yogurt all over my face to calm it down. It was probably the fragrance in it that screwed my skin up. It would have been a really nice product if it didn't freak my skin out. I'd recommend it if you aren't ULTRA (Like water makes your skin red and bumpy) sensitive like me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This felt luxurious to use in the winter. It took of all my makeup and made my skin feel calm and happy. I still moisturized afterwards thought because I have really dry skin. I used to massage this into my face and it felt great and smelled nice (baby powdery). What I hated was getting it off. I don't like washcloths and using a paper towel + hot water to remove the cold cream was such a hassle/waste. I have now switched over to baby wipes which are much quicker and easier to use.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have been using this for years. It has mineral oil in it and this is the ingredient which makes it work if used properly. Wet face. Take good dollop out of jar with clean hands and work into face. Make up and dirt of the day will be liquidized and if you have time to put a clean warm wet washcloth over your face for a few minutes it's even better. ALL of this must now be removed with your favourite cleanser and warm water. Cold cream is not a stand alone cleanser with residue to be left on. It is a step in liquidizing dirt, bringing it to the surface, but it has to all be removed or you defeat the purpose.

I use Avon's Anew Platinum cleanser and/or Aloe bar soap so all make up, sunscreen, and cold cream, etc. is completely removed. There should be no cold cream residue left on the face to act as a night cream or face moisturizer. It will clog pores. In the old days it was used in theatre circles to remove heavy makeup with the idea being that you 'tissued' the whole mess off and left the cold cream residue on to soften the skin. In reality, the user had removed some of their makeup but added mineral oil and paper particles from the tissues to solidify back into their skin and create a bigger problem.

Wonderful for dry skin or if you are in a harsh climate with air pollution or work in an industry where heavy make up (theatre, film, etc.) has to be applied. Don't forget to use a proper moisturizer and good sunscreen!!

My face never launched a thousand ships but I have damned good skin!

For my sensitive skin this product was horrible it made my skin swell and is very perfumes which makes my eyes puffy, for me it's a 1/5 but I put higher because I can see how it would be good for other people with more hardy skin. It cleans skin pretty well, although it leaves a feeling on the skin like its been coated with a thin layer of wax.