Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 3/15/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My mom has used this forever. I like the smell and my face is sooo super dry and peeling that I thought it would help. It made my entire face breakout after two days! It looks horrible. Like a teenager going through puberty. :(

on 3/9/2015 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really removes the thick layets of makeup buy, I noticed that it made my more oily afterwards. A facial wash should be used after this to remove the greasy feeling.

on 3/5/2015 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I really liked the ease of using this, and the fact that it removes makeup without stripping your skin. But sadly my skin reacts to something in this strongly, and hence 3 lippies. My neck is so itchy, and gotten so bumpy and leathery in parts. Upon removal with a wet washcloth, my skin feels overwhelmingly itchy. Same thing happened to me with Albolene. I cant believe my skin reacts to these products. They are mainly highly refined mineral oil or petrolatum, which dermatologists keep saying its very non-reactive with skin. But I get something like contact dermatitis from it. :( Im thinking of trying to do my own cold cream or cleansing oil. Every product I come across is such a disapointment, Specially at the drugstore. I wish there was a Sephora nearby :( Now if you havent had problems with mneral oil and things like it in the past this cold cream is wonderful. Very easy to ease. removes all your makeup, and you dont Have to use a moisturizer afterwards necessarily. Id reccomed using wet soft microfiber cloths to remove it.

on 2/17/2015 11:38:00 PM

I'm a recent Pond's convert from the oil cleansing method, and don't think I'm going back. I get a great clean face when I smear this stuff all over my face, massage in, and wipe with a warm washcloth. The best part is I can forgo moisturizing twice a day now. I'm only moisturizing at night now, since Pond's doesn't dry my skin like most cleansers. I also love the scent.

The cult classic, the original cleansing cream, the original cold cream. Pond's has been used as a cleanser for well over a century and for good reason. It's Mineral oil content allows for swift easy removal of even the heaviest of makeup. The trick is to use it twice, once to remove makeup and grime, and then again to cleanse the skin. That's the secret.

There was a time when Pond's recommended the cream be removed with tissues, that was back in the day when laundering was expensive, they didn't have superior detergents as we have now to remove grease and makeup from wash cloths and tissues were very affordable, and were the best thing to mop up/absorb the cream without leaving behind a greasy film. Cotton pads are also recommended but that really along with tissues is very much just a waste of tissue paper and cotton. A lot of waste in the bin.

The best way to remove the cream is with a warm(not hot) damp face cloth/terry towel and gently remove the cream. It is a very nice experience and the original balm/wipe off cleanser, no need to pay an absurd amount for Eve Lom, Organic Pharmacy, Liz Earle etc balm cleansers that really will just go into the bin or down the drain. To pay that much money to take off your makep is absurd and really stupid.

I will stick to Pond's thank you very much. It is the original in that kind of wipe-off cleansing, nothing like it. Full Stop.

The only other point is that there should be a fragrance free option as there is a distinct vintage rose smell to this, might be too much for some people. It is fine for me but I do think they should create a fragrance free option, that would be very valuable for those with a sensitive skin who cannot tolerate cleansing with water. Yes those people exist!

on 2/17/2015 1:47:00 PM

I've tried a lot of makeup removers and it just seemed like I was running through them so fast it was burning a hole in my wallet. I've heard of Pond's as something my mom and her friends used, and I never took it seriously (in fact I didn't know what it was for), but on a lark when I was out with my mom we each bought a jar. I love it! It's a huge jar for $8 and actually breaks down waterproof eye makeup (I still need an eye makeup remover to be sure I got everything though, but this makes it easier).

It melts down my makeup and feels nice when I massage it in. I've been wiping it off with cotton, but thanks to another reviewer's tip I will try it with cloth--less waste and more effective. I still use a facial wash afterwards, but that was when using cotton rounds to wipe it off. I'll try it with wet cloths next time, it just might give me better results.

Doesn't feel harsh on my skin, doesn't leave it feeling tight and dry.

I wish the packaging was more hygienic, but since it's a cream I know there's no other choice.

on 2/14/2015 9:14:00 PM

At night, I rub this all over my face and neck, massage it in a little bit, then remove it with wet cloths that I cut from old T shirts. I rinse the cloth a few times in hottish water and go over my face and neck with it until the cream is removed, then splash with cool water and apply an eye cream, a serum and a light fragrance free moisturizer. I throw the cloths in the wash with the towels so they get washed with bleach and reuse them.

In the morning, I again cleanse with cold cream and then apply eye cream and Eucerin SPF 30 facial lotion, or sometimes I'll wash my face in the shower with Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar, which is what our whole family uses in the shower.

Cold cream does a great job of removing all my makeup and my skin has never looked or felt better. In fact, a few pesky black heads and clogged pores that I had for a long time are now gone. This has been my routine for about a year. My skin has always been good but this seems to have improved it. It truly is "deep cleansing" in that it seems to reach into your pores, grab the grime and escort it out of your skin. I think removing it with a wet cloth is key to really removing it. When I used it in the past and just wiped it off with a tissue and then splashed with water, I hated it and my skin didn't feel clean.

This stuff is cheap, widely available, and is basically the oil cleansing method without the mess of oil. I have a tiny jar that I refill for when I travel.

I convinced my acne-prone teenage niece to try it and showed her how to remove it with a warm, wet cloth and her skin has improved measurably. I think that somehow this cleansing method actually balances the skin.

I find as I get older that a simple routine works great for me.

on 2/7/2015 10:09:00 AM

I could only ever manage to use this to remove makeup. Then I discovered oil cleansers (and just straight up facial oils) which simplified my routine and allowed me to remove eye makeup without scraping goop out of my eyelashes. I consider the Pond's line one for older ladies who grew up with this stuff. This is just mineral oil suspended in a base with fragrance. Although it is cheap, it is not particularly beneficial for skin and there are many oils on the market today that are excellent for your skin that remove makeup without clogging pores or causing irritation. I think this product belongs in the past.

on 2/7/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i rub a pea size amount on a dry face of makeup. it slips your makeup around so i dot it on my eyes, massage my face and save my eyes for last. I then use a facial wipe or a wet washcloth to take it off. this does a great job at removing makeup but definitely go in with a cleanser or scrub afterwards.

on 2/5/2015 4:47:00 PM

I bought this because it was the only makeup removing product that was left on the shelves at Walmart after the holiday had basically wiped out the whole store in my rural area. I really bought it out of desperation because the makeup removed I used to use was not there, nor was any product that I recognized.

I have loved this cream since the first night that I tried it. I love the texture - it feels so soft and silky on my skin. That's how it makes my skin feel after I use it, as well. As soon as I wipe it off, my skin feels clean and fresh. I quite honestly don't feel the need to do anything else to it afterward. I don't really notice the smell, but I can see how it might be mildly offensive to someone who is particularly sensitive.

Something that I really like about it is how nicely it comes out of my eyebrows and eyelashes. It feels a bit sticky when it goes on for the first time, probably because I wasn't used to a cream cleanser and I wasn't quite sure how it was going to come off, but it comes off really easily. I was shocked how much makeup came off on the cloth the first time I used it. I have never had any other remover take that much off.

The first morning I woke up, I noticed right away that my face still felt clean and that my skin looked better already. I sometimes forget to clean my makeup off and if I start having negative effects from my carelessness and I use this, it is a quick fix to my problems as soon as I use it again. (I think the most I didn't use it was three nights because I was away unexpectedly and it was left at home.)

During the day, my skin feels amazing under my makeup. I can feel how smooth it is and see a difference in my colouring. I have more success in the morning putting on my foundation because the surface of my skin is more even and everything glides on like it is supposed to. And because my makeup is so nice going on, I'm actually using less makeup, saving me money, but also reducing the acne, then the makeup, then the acne . . . you get it.

My routine with it is put a whole ton on to my face and smear it around, because it lasts forever apparently. I am very, very generous with how much I put on and the tub looks like it is still completely full after over a month of using it. I run a regular washcloth under warm water and ring it out. Then I just wipe off my face and call it a night. In the morning I use a salicylic acid face wash and moisturizer routine. It does not appear to interact negatively with it. In fact, I think it makes it more effective because my face is already so clean from the night before.

The only thing I don't like, and this is by far the most minor thing I have every complained about, is that I do not like the shape of the tub. It is attractive, but i can only see into the future when I am trying to get my fingers up into the sides. But because it is so inexpensive, especially for how long it will apparently last, I am not even worried if I don't get it all out. I only include this here because I rarely give anything 100% (joke, because I'm a teacher).

I will buy this again. I will use this for the rest of my life (and I'm only 25!). This is true love (don't tell my husband).