October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I have always been sick of makeup removers that you have to scrub in your face and eyes to get stuff off and I can feel my skin aging with every removal night. THIS STUFF LITERALLY JUST MELTS EVERYTHING OFF. But not by itself. Im sure people use a warm wet cloth, I just use this and use baby wipes! I guess some people here don't like the "greasy" feeling, when you purchase this, buy some cheap cleansing wipes (equate) or baby wipes for a dollar or so. Apply a dollop of this on your face like you would for any moisturizer, make sure to get into the lashes well. Take a wipe and wipe it off. THIS WORKS and no greasy feeling. You have 0 makeup on your face and its clean too because you are using a cleansing wipe. I wouldn't use a warm wet washcloth because if I'm going to have to walk to my sink and get warm water, I might as well just wash my face. This is ah-mazing, no tugging and everything comes off. USE MY METHOD BECAUSE ITS THE BEST ONE SO FAR. Only cons 1) packaging is jar and this lasts so make sure you have clean fingers when you scoop 2) smells like strong roses/old lady, I like it but most people wont. 3) has mineral oil so make sure it's not gonna break you out

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by jujup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this a few months ago when I was on MUA looking at cleansers. This had such great ratings that I decided to try it. Now to start, I use Revlon Colorstay 24 hr Combination/Oily Skin Foundation. I love, love, love this foundation, but...it is difficult to get off compared to most foundations...which it should be because it if came off easily it wouldn't have great staying power. Second, I have acne prone skin as well as combination skin. This product has not caused my acne to be any worse, which I am glad to hear. The Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream is the best thing I have found to remove my makeup and is great for the waterproof eye makeup as well (although my favorite eye makeup remover is Wal-Mart's Equate version of Neutrogena's Oil Free eye makeup remover). This is not something you just smear on your face lightly and just wipe right off. I actually get a decent amount and really work it on the skin to remove the makeup. While doing this, I notice that the makeup is dissolving and the cream is becominig more "liquid" and thinner as the makeup is mixing in with it. I have always used a dry washclothe to remove the cream and it takes it right off. I just read a few reviews about using a wet washclothe as well and it seems to be the same either way for me, I guess because of the way I work the cream into the skin. I never cared for the feeling the cream left on my face after I wiped it off, so I take Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe Baby Body Wash and lightly wash my face with that to remove the remaining oiliness from the cream. Then I moisturize and go about my day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I now use Queen Helene Almond Scented Cream. It has a really nice fragrance, cruelty free, and made in the USA! If you have issues with the fragrance of Pond's, you gotta try the Queen Helene brand! They have a cucumber and another one that smells like jasmine. At Sally Beauty it is $5.49 for 15 oz - much better value too:)

Tried this cult classic for the first time the other day. It really kept my skin moist and plump looking, but the scent made my eyes itchy and watery. If you don't have an allergy to fragrances, this is a great product and available everywhere:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

WOW!! After reading some reviews on this product (& also how to use it properly!), I took the plunge & decided to get this, & I am so impressed! It made my Sephora 24H waterproof liquid eyeliner & Rimmel 25H foundation literally dissolve w/o major scrubbing like I do w makeup wipes (all brand except Ole Henriksen). I've only used it today, but I am going to keep using this most definitely & I will update if this breaks me out or gives me sties in my eyes. (I have oily skin, don't break out real often, been using Clinique 3 Step w #3/DDM Gel 2x a day & Clinique liquid oil free soap A.M., but I never really could figure out a good way to remove the makeup in the P.M. other than makeup wipes!). I rubbed a small amount of the cream around my face and eyelid areas & then I used a cheap washcloth dipped in very hot water & steamed my face for about a minute, rinsed the washcloth w more hot water, rubbed the cold cream off & all the makeup, then used Clinique #3 & the DDMG so *keeping fingers crossed* here's to hoping I have found a good thing! PS: I also love the scent of this & also that it's a classic that so many women have trusted this product for so many years is reassuring too!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by nicoleligia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin, nothing too bad, just good skin. It's always been very clear and soft. I very rarely get acne, so that's a good thing. This product was awesome for gently taking off my mascara and eye makeup without breakage, which I constantly fear on my short, straight lashes. I was contemplating on buying another Mary Kay eye makeup remover, but decided to grab this on a trip to Ulta. That product is lovely. For removing face makeup I hate this product. It doesn't really work at all. And considering I only wear concealer and blush on most days, it doesn't take it off. Wipe your face with a white towel after using this to remove your makeup and you may see what I mean. It also leaves a gross film over my face, and I have to rinse two more times to get it completely off. Maybe I got a lousy tub?
I'm not sure. It's unfortunate because I really wanted to like this product. Oh well..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by MOUNTAINGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently switched to MAC prolong lasting foundation, and the cleanser I had been using just wouldn't get it all off. So I jumped on MakeupAlley to see what was reccomended. Picked up a travel size jar of Ponds, and started my testing. My skin is very sensetive (major), and gets those horrible little whiteheads you can't get rid of very easily. I'm 68 and I don't need anything extra happening to my face at this late date. So I started using the Ponds, wiping off with a warm washcloth, followed by Ponds evening soothe towlettes. My face felt great, and I knew it was clean. After about 2 or 3 weeks I noticed some of those blackheads I had were gone. But the most amazing thing , it cleaned out a huge pore ( result of a Dr's attempt to get out a cyst) that never ever been this clean. You really can't even tell it's there. Believe me, I have tried everything to get that clean, and nothing did the trick. I was so pleased with the results, I deceided to try Ponds Dark spot correcting cream. If it works as well as the cleansing cream, I will be delighted. Let you know in about 3 weeks, if it works. UPDATE: I am now on my third jar, no need to say I love it! It gets off all my makeup, except I don't use it for my eye makeup (makes my eyes itch).

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this better then your average liquid remover. However on me it was making me really oily. I mean when I woke up or just through out the day. I stopped using this and started using coconut oil and oiliness was gone, so I know it was this stuff. I love the smell too ( roses kinda old lady ish but I love those kinds of smells) but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just some background...
I have oily combination, acne prone skin. I've gotten my acne under control with this skin regimen: Ponds CC, warm wash cloth, Neutrogena Salicylic Acid cream cleanser, Boots Gentle Toner and depending on the day I apply Retin-A(which has been GOD SEND for my acne scars and as a spot treatment) or some serum. This is what has gotten my acne under control and doesn't STRIP my skin of moisture. I am also VERY gentle with the wash cloth and cleanser/scrub.

Now on to my review:
LOVE this stuff. I've tried this once before as a wee one and hated it, but that was because I didn't know how to remove it. You have to use a warm towel! This is great for removing long wear foundations and waterproof mascara. I love that I now only need ONE product to remove everything! I do highly recommend following this up with some kind of cleanser, if not--it will clog up your pores.

If you dislike the viscosity of this particular product, I recommend the Pond's Cucumber Cleanser as an alternative. It's lighter in consistency, smells fresh but also requires the use of a warm towel and more massage time. It does the same job in terms of make up removal but just takes a little longer to really grab on to the make up.

Takeaway:
-Use a warm wash cloth
-DO NOT CALL IT A DAY AFTER the wash cloth, follow it up with a cleanser of your choice.
-Too greasy? Try Ponds' Cucumber Cleanser!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Uniquewabbit has an great detailed review - do check it out! I can vouch from experience that my grandma had great skin for her age & only used this stuff and the dry skin cream and since this stuff is inexpensive so I decided to try it. I have to say it's a great product and my aging skin is loving it however I can't get this product to work around my eyes. They seem irritated from the product after I use it like I have some residual product around the eye area no matter how much I try to wipe or use a warm washcloth. I much prefer using my Philosophy Purity on my eyes as it gets rid of all my eye make-up easily & rinses off cleanly so no irritation afterwards. This will definitely be in my rotation going forward but not ready to ditch my HG Purity just yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

Oh my gosh, I had a party to go to for my husbands company in the evening.... and I used this cold cream a couple hours before we had to be there. It gave me a horrible allergic reaction! Made my cheeks bright red, painful. I was hoping and praying the rash would go away for the party, however I had to slather on foundation to cover it and I still looked ridiculous! The red painful welts on my face lasted all night. Anyway, if you have sensitive skin or your're on retin-a (like I am), stay away from this stuff.