Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 3/16/2015 7:12:00 AM

I have been using Ponds Deep Cleansing Cold Cream for just under a week, and I am VERY impressed with how my skin has reacted to it! I have very sensitive, combination skin that gets dried out very easily which exacerbates some minor rosacea I have on my cheek. I started using this twice a day, massaging the cream directly onto my makeup. I've never used a product that was so effective (and quick) at getting rid of all of my make up without aggressive wiping/rubbing. I wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara, and this just dissolves everything with no problem at all. For that alone, I would purchase it again. But it doesn't stop there. Once I've massaged it into my skin for around 30 seconds, I use a microfiber washcloth (it was all i had at the time but I like how soft they are so I've kept using them) soaked in warm water, and gently wipe the remaining cream off. My face glows and feels so soft and smooth afterwards that I hardly feel the need to moisturize, which is huge because usually my skin is dry and tight no matter how gentle the cleanser I use claims to be. Even my angry red spots on my cheeks are smoother and seem to have calmed down a bit.

I also read some reviews online from users who say they leave it on in the morning while they do other things for a while longer and then just wipe off the excess, or that they use it on their lips as well so I've tried both of those to good results!

As I said, I've only used the product for under a week, but so far, no signs of any breakouts or clogged pores, which is something I was worried about. My skin is smooth and glowy and my makeup glides on way easier than before.

The price for Ponds Cold Cream is amazing, around 6-7 dollars in Canada. I was using a cleanser by Dermalogica which costs an arm and a leg, but since it was recommended by the woman doing my facial for my very sensitive skin, I thought I would give it a shot. It was okay, but does not even compare to how the cold cream works on my skin. This may not work for everyone, but if you are currently using an expensive cleanser, you should give this a try. It's a low risk investment. Worst case, if it doesn't work for you, you've wasted 7 dollars. Best case, and this is my experience, I will now be saving over 30 dollars every time I purchase a cleanser!

The reason I give it 4 lippies is simply because I'm not a huge fan of the tub packaging - just for cleanliness reasons. I wash my hands before I use it which should help ensure the product stays sanitary, and I do understand that there are only so many ways to package a cream cleanser, but if you are a germaphobe this may not be for you.

Otherwise, as long as the next few weeks are as successful as my first week, I'm a convert! This will be a new staple for me.

on 3/15/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My mom has used this forever. I like the smell and my face is sooo super dry and peeling that I thought it would help. It made my entire face breakout after two days! It looks horrible. Like a teenager going through puberty. :(

on 3/9/2015 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really removes the thick layets of makeup buy, I noticed that it made my more oily afterwards. A facial wash should be used after this to remove the greasy feeling.

on 3/5/2015 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I really liked the ease of using this, and the fact that it removes makeup without stripping your skin. But sadly my skin reacts to something in this strongly, and hence 3 lippies. My neck is so itchy, and gotten so bumpy and leathery in parts. Upon removal with a wet washcloth, my skin feels overwhelmingly itchy. Same thing happened to me with Albolene. I cant believe my skin reacts to these products. They are mainly highly refined mineral oil or petrolatum, which dermatologists keep saying its very non-reactive with skin. But I get something like contact dermatitis from it. :( Im thinking of trying to do my own cold cream or cleansing oil. Every product I come across is such a disapointment, Specially at the drugstore. I wish there was a Sephora nearby :( Now if you havent had problems with mneral oil and things like it in the past this cold cream is wonderful. Very easy to ease. removes all your makeup, and you dont Have to use a moisturizer afterwards necessarily. Id reccomed using wet soft microfiber cloths to remove it.

on 2/17/2015 11:38:00 PM

I'm a recent Pond's convert from the oil cleansing method, and don't think I'm going back. I get a great clean face when I smear this stuff all over my face, massage in, and wipe with a warm washcloth. The best part is I can forgo moisturizing twice a day now. I'm only moisturizing at night now, since Pond's doesn't dry my skin like most cleansers. I also love the scent.

The cult classic, the original cleansing cream, the original cold cream. Pond's has been used as a cleanser for well over a century and for good reason. It's Mineral oil content allows for swift easy removal of even the heaviest of makeup. The trick is to use it twice, once to remove makeup and grime, and then again to cleanse the skin. That's the secret.

There was a time when Pond's recommended the cream be removed with tissues, that was back in the day when laundering was expensive, they didn't have superior detergents as we have now to remove grease and makeup from wash cloths and tissues were very affordable, and were the best thing to mop up/absorb the cream without leaving behind a greasy film. Cotton pads are also recommended but that really along with tissues is very much just a waste of tissue paper and cotton. A lot of waste in the bin.

The best way to remove the cream is with a warm(not hot) damp face cloth/terry towel and gently remove the cream. It is a very nice experience and the original balm/wipe off cleanser, no need to pay an absurd amount for Eve Lom, Organic Pharmacy, Liz Earle etc balm cleansers that really will just go into the bin or down the drain. To pay that much money to take off your makep is absurd and really stupid.

I will stick to Pond's thank you very much. It is the original in that kind of wipe-off cleansing, nothing like it. Full Stop.

The only other point is that there should be a fragrance free option as there is a distinct vintage rose smell to this, might be too much for some people. It is fine for me but I do think they should create a fragrance free option, that would be very valuable for those with a sensitive skin who cannot tolerate cleansing with water. Yes those people exist!

on 2/17/2015 1:47:00 PM

I've tried a lot of makeup removers and it just seemed like I was running through them so fast it was burning a hole in my wallet. I've heard of Pond's as something my mom and her friends used, and I never took it seriously (in fact I didn't know what it was for), but on a lark when I was out with my mom we each bought a jar. I love it! It's a huge jar for $8 and actually breaks down waterproof eye makeup (I still need an eye makeup remover to be sure I got everything though, but this makes it easier).

It melts down my makeup and feels nice when I massage it in. I've been wiping it off with cotton, but thanks to another reviewer's tip I will try it with cloth--less waste and more effective. I still use a facial wash afterwards, but that was when using cotton rounds to wipe it off. I'll try it with wet cloths next time, it just might give me better results.

Doesn't feel harsh on my skin, doesn't leave it feeling tight and dry.

I wish the packaging was more hygienic, but since it's a cream I know there's no other choice.

on 2/14/2015 9:14:00 PM

At night, I rub this all over my face and neck, massage it in a little bit, then remove it with wet cloths that I cut from old T shirts. I rinse the cloth a few times in hottish water and go over my face and neck with it until the cream is removed, then splash with cool water and apply an eye cream, a serum and a light fragrance free moisturizer. I throw the cloths in the wash with the towels so they get washed with bleach and reuse them.

In the morning, I again cleanse with cold cream and then apply eye cream and Eucerin SPF 30 facial lotion, or sometimes I'll wash my face in the shower with Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar, which is what our whole family uses in the shower.

Cold cream does a great job of removing all my makeup and my skin has never looked or felt better. In fact, a few pesky black heads and clogged pores that I had for a long time are now gone. This has been my routine for about a year. My skin has always been good but this seems to have improved it. It truly is "deep cleansing" in that it seems to reach into your pores, grab the grime and escort it out of your skin. I think removing it with a wet cloth is key to really removing it. When I used it in the past and just wiped it off with a tissue and then splashed with water, I hated it and my skin didn't feel clean.

This stuff is cheap, widely available, and is basically the oil cleansing method without the mess of oil. I have a tiny jar that I refill for when I travel.

I convinced my acne-prone teenage niece to try it and showed her how to remove it with a warm, wet cloth and her skin has improved measurably. I think that somehow this cleansing method actually balances the skin.

I find as I get older that a simple routine works great for me.

on 2/7/2015 10:09:00 AM

I could only ever manage to use this to remove makeup. Then I discovered oil cleansers (and just straight up facial oils) which simplified my routine and allowed me to remove eye makeup without scraping goop out of my eyelashes. I consider the Pond's line one for older ladies who grew up with this stuff. This is just mineral oil suspended in a base with fragrance. Although it is cheap, it is not particularly beneficial for skin and there are many oils on the market today that are excellent for your skin that remove makeup without clogging pores or causing irritation. I think this product belongs in the past.

on 2/7/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i rub a pea size amount on a dry face of makeup. it slips your makeup around so i dot it on my eyes, massage my face and save my eyes for last. I then use a facial wipe or a wet washcloth to take it off. this does a great job at removing makeup but definitely go in with a cleanser or scrub afterwards.