Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 11/30/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Love this for my oily skin!! I use it to take off my makeup at night using a baby wipe to wipe if off.

on 11/29/2014 11:32:00 PM

I work for an Assisted Living - my 95 year old resident with beautiful skin SWORE by Ponds. So now I'm hooked ! It feels great, and it's inexpensive. I'm still trying to balance things out - I have sensitive middle aged skin with rosacea so sometimes ponds makes me itchy and red but for the most part, its perfect. I think if I found the right toner I'd have the whole regimen down.

on 11/29/2014 9:35:00 PM

I love this! This cleanser is so good, it doesn't strip the skin, it removes all make-up even mascara and its also a really good price. I have used so many different cleansers and some have been really expensive and have just made my skin break out or dried it out but with this it hasn't done any of those things, its just really gentle and lovely. Iv seen reviews before where people have said it can leave a film on the face but if you make sure you use a nice warm flannel and then tone your face after then it doesn't for me and I have quite oily skin to. This leaves skin clean, soft and luminous, its a great price and a really good product for winter, it also works good as a moisturising face mask. Id say this is in my top 3 cleansers which are Elemis Pro Radiance Creamy Cleanser, Liz Earle, and then this :)

on 11/4/2014 4:52:00 PM

I love this cold cream! I was using the cucumber cleanser before, then bought this one by mistake, but I like it even better. I always wet my face before using this, clean my hands before dipping my finger into the jar, then I rub this all over my face for about a minute or so, including over my eyes, to make sure I get all of my makeup off. The cream kind of melts when you rub it around and it dissolves my makeup really well, even waterproof mascara and longwear lipstick. Then I take a wet washcloth (warm water) and rub everything off gently, moving to a new spot on the washcloth as it gets covered in makeup.

When I do this, all of my makeup comes off, I'm not left with greasy skin, just a clean, but moisturized face. My skin also really seems to like mineral oil, I do not get breakouts from this or other Ponds products with mineral oil, but everyone is different. My skin feels much better, and cleaner, after using this than after using oil free liquid makeup remover. I also love the price and the old-fashioned aspect of it, I almost feel glamorous when taking off my makeup.

So if you're looking for a good way to clean off all your makeup at the end of the day for a good price, and your skin does not have a problem with mineral oil or fragrance, give this a try!

on 11/1/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cream takes off makeup smoothly works well for my skin

on 10/22/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Who doesn't love Ponds? Its a classic, you cant go wrong with that. There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said about Ponds. My personal fav is the original formula, but any of them are good in a pinch. No matter what I'm using, a jar of Ponds is always on my vanity.

on 10/19/2014 2:33:00 AM

I purchased this product to use as an eye make-up remover - and it works great! I only usually wear mascara and cover-up/power to set the spots - I don't know how to do the full face of make-up!

I also suffer from cystic acne around that time of the month... It sucks! I usually have one or 2 huge under the skin pimples pop up on my chin during a breakout. I am also a bad popper/picker... Which I know I shouldn't do! Well last breakdown I squeezed and picked one pimple until it was pretty much just an open sore on my face (gross! I know - sorry!!). At this time all the icky zit stuff was gone, but I had an open sore on my chin. I went to bed after this and in the morning I woke up and it had scabbed over and my chin was dry and yucky. Good luck covering that with make-up! I tried to cover it, but my chin looked like one big powdery flakey mess! Well I was so upset about how my face looked that I rooted around my bathroom cupboard to find things that I though might help - I found Ponds (and Nivea Creme as well, but that's a different review!). I googled uses for Ponds Cold Cream and one use that came up on a blog website was to use Ponds as a mask to help sooth acne. I thought this was crazy because I always thought Ponds felt pretty greasy and I didn't like the idea of putting a greasy product on a pimple. But at this time I was desperate, so I gave it a shot and slathered it on my yucky chin. I decided to keep a thin layer of the product on over night, with extra product on the scab. Well the results were amazing!!!! In the span on one evening my chin when from dry as the dessert with the huge Grand Canyon of a picked pimple in the middle to smooth and barely red. The picked pimple scab was feeling soothed and way less inflamed. In the morning I was able to apply my make-up and you could barely see the terribleness that lurked under my cover-up! I was so happy! If I ever have this problem again I will be reaching for Ponds Cold Cream in a heart-beat!

***************UPDATE***************

I think Ponds is causing blackheads on my chin and between my eyes. It is still a great eye makeup remover, I just am careful to use it in my face sparingly

on 10/17/2014 5:34:00 PM

This is an effective product, it WILL remove your makeup. However, I find this product to be entirely too heavy and greasy. It reminds me of the grease a mechanic might use to pack wheel bearings. If I simply wipe this product off with a warm washcloth, I am almost guaranteed some sort of breakout the next day, so I have to follow up with a face wash after wiping this mess off. The smell is another turn off, and I'm pretty tolerant of manufactured fragrances, but this is just a noxious chemical smell to me. To be quite honest, I much prefer the 1 dollar knockoff of this from the Dollar Tree as it smells decent and is not nearly as thick, but just as effective. I think I'll give the remainder of this to my husband to use as a waterless hand cleanser when he's working in the garage, because I'm confident it would be thick enough to emulsify engine grease from his hands.

on 10/15/2014 11:31:00 PM

I hate this stuff. It smells horrible and it is so thick. I do not like it at all!

on 10/7/2014 8:41:00 PM

I bought this today for about 7$ at walmart? I remember a few years back they were roughly 3-4$. Inflaaaation~
I was pretty skeptical at first but it really removed ALL of my eye makeup more than vaseline did.
The Lancome makeup remover is quite pricey. I would have to restock on it every month so I've found a cheap alternative.
Definitely would recommend those who are seeking for a eye makeup remover. Look no further! Give this a try! :)