Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 10/15/2014 11:31:00 PM

I hate this stuff. It smells horrible and it is so thick. I do not like it at all!

on 10/7/2014 8:41:00 PM

I bought this today for about 7$ at walmart? I remember a few years back they were roughly 3-4$. Inflaaaation~
I was pretty skeptical at first but it really removed ALL of my eye makeup more than vaseline did.
The Lancome makeup remover is quite pricey. I would have to restock on it every month so I've found a cheap alternative.
Definitely would recommend those who are seeking for a eye makeup remover. Look no further! Give this a try! :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Generally speaking, I love this product-it works really well to remove makeup, and it is very moisturizing. You can use it for a lot of things, not just a makeup remover-you can use it for a mask, a cleanser, or as a night time moisturizer if you're someone who wants to/needs to/likes to use a really heavy moisturizer at night.

It does have a smell to it-it smells really faintly of roses, most people will tell you it smells like 'old ladies' which I can understand since it is a product that has been around for a really long time. It is also VERY oily-I've used it as a night time moisturizer a couple times and it takes a good while for it to set into my skin, and it looks a bit greasy. But, if you can get passed that-it does work well to moisturize skin when you have really dry skin.

Sadly, I am ALMOST certain that this has given me an allergic reaction. I began using this as my night time moisturizer to see if it would make a difference in my skin since I have pretty dry skin, more so now that the seasons have changed and we're going into Fall and Winter. After a couple uses as a night time moisturizer, I have developed six hives/very itchy bumps-two on my face, one on my neck, one on my back, and one on each breast. I was only using this on my face and neck-nowhere else; which is why I am not completely certain that this is the cause-but this is the only new product I've been using. I had been using it for about a week before I had begun using this as a moisturizer, so I'm hoping that it only irritates my skin if left on for long periods of time.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been a fan of the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) because of how effectively the OCM removed the toughest makeup and cleaned my skin without stripping it. This cold cream is essentially the OCM in a jar and without the mess. I take a small amount, rub it on my face and eyelids (yes, it can even tackle waterproof mascara and eyeliner), wait a minute, rub a little more, then remove with a tissue or wet washcloth. Then I follow with my regular cleanser and Clarisonic. I get the same exact results with Ponds that I do with my castor/safflower oil blend. Plus it hasn't made me break out.

This product does have several advantages over the OCM. First of all, there's almost no mess. You can find it at almost any drugstore or supermarket, so no need to hunt for oils or to special order anything. Costwise, it is cheaper: a jar of Ponds can last me a couple months, plus I don't have to worry about it going rancid.

on 9/10/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I used to really enjoy using this. Maybe it was just the extra time I took for myself.
I found it to cleanse my skin very well, make it very soft and supple.
As for leaving a film I didn't have any issues when I used a warm wash cloth to remove. It does feel like a light lotion left on the skin but once you let your skin dry and let it set in it goes away quickly. It removed my makeup very well and gently. Did not strip the skin and was moisturizing. I find the light scent refreshing and nostalgic.I just have no need for this in my routine. I prefer noxzema but this is a nice cold cream though.

on 9/7/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A cream that leaves your face clear of makeup, even waterproof mascara. I have tried many makeup removers but keep coming back to this one. As one consumer before me said, put it on, massage in, letting it work, then wipe off with makeup wipe. Face is clean and ready for any added serums or lotions you need. Miscellar waters just don't cut it IMO. Remove then moisturize is my new regimen.

on 9/7/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

love this product! I was iffy at first because i have tried so many facial products that have dissappointed me and this cold cream is actually the best i have ever bought. i will def buy again. :)

on 9/7/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff. I was using Dove soap but after a few weeks found it too drying & switched to Pond's. Every night I apply a thick layer, let it sit for a while, (10 min. to 1/2 hour) & remove it w/ a warm, wet washcloth. I've struggled w/ acne all my life, had skin that was so oily & shiny I would blot it 10,000 x day, had blackheads, whiteheads & clogged pores & my skin has NEVER LOOKED BETTER. I've also stopped washing my face in the morning. I just splash it once or twice w/ some lukewarm water, and/or stand under the shower but I don't wash or scrub it. I think all the washing was just irritating my complexion & now it's looking so calm & soothed. PS: I wear foundation, powder, blush, full eye makeup & lipstick during the day & Pond's removes all of it. PPS: This is kinda gross & TMI but I think another reviewer told a similar story. I had a sort of permanent zit on my face that wouldn't go away. After using Pond's Cold Cream for about a week, I woke up one morning & there was a hole in my face where the pimple was! I told my husband that Pond's just "thrust" it right out. (The hole is no longer there & my cheek looks completely normal.) The whole idea of cold cream is that the oils in it are supposed to melt into your pores & carry out all the bad stuff & Pond's really does this. I've been using it for about a month & I plan on using it forever. <3

on 8/29/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I could not get past the odor of this stuff. As, its scent is very strong and unpleasant to smell, in opinion. Plus, this stuff leaves a film on your face that you have to keep rubbing to get off.

on 8/25/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My mom had bought this for me ages ago but I never really wore makeup to use this though I had rediscovered it in and am in love. I slather this all over my face and use a baby wipe to wipe off the makeup and the cream at the same time and I can tell you it even gets the Revlon Colorstay makeup off! The cream is rather oily which gets the makeup and excess dirt off your face which can be annoying. The packaging is great for a while since the tub is still full, though I am halfway through it and it is becoming a task so reach for the cream. I suggest that they should remodel the packaging into a bottle, or something with a pump. Overall, great product.