September 17, 2014 | 1957 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this better then your average liquid remover. However on me it was making me really oily. I mean when I woke up or just through out the day. I stopped using this and started using coconut oil and oiliness was gone, so I know it was this stuff. I love the smell too ( roses kinda old lady ish but I love those kinds of smells) but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just some background...
I have oily combination, acne prone skin. I've gotten my acne under control with this skin regimen: Ponds CC, warm wash cloth, Neutrogena Salicylic Acid cream cleanser, Boots Gentle Toner and depending on the day I apply Retin-A(which has been GOD SEND for my acne scars and as a spot treatment) or some serum. This is what has gotten my acne under control and doesn't STRIP my skin of moisture. I am also VERY gentle with the wash cloth and cleanser/scrub.

Now on to my review:
LOVE this stuff. I've tried this once before as a wee one and hated it, but that was because I didn't know how to remove it. You have to use a warm towel! This is great for removing long wear foundations and waterproof mascara. I love that I now only need ONE product to remove everything! I do highly recommend following this up with some kind of cleanser, if not--it will clog up your pores.

If you dislike the viscosity of this particular product, I recommend the Pond's Cucumber Cleanser as an alternative. It's lighter in consistency, smells fresh but also requires the use of a warm towel and more massage time. It does the same job in terms of make up removal but just takes a little longer to really grab on to the make up.

Takeaway:
-Use a warm wash cloth
-DO NOT CALL IT A DAY AFTER the wash cloth, follow it up with a cleanser of your choice.
-Too greasy? Try Ponds' Cucumber Cleanser!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Uniquewabbit has an great detailed review - do check it out! I can vouch from experience that my grandma had great skin for her age & only used this stuff and the dry skin cream and since this stuff is inexpensive so I decided to try it. I have to say it's a great product and my aging skin is loving it however I can't get this product to work around my eyes. They seem irritated from the product after I use it like I have some residual product around the eye area no matter how much I try to wipe or use a warm washcloth. I much prefer using my Philosophy Purity on my eyes as it gets rid of all my eye make-up easily & rinses off cleanly so no irritation afterwards. This will definitely be in my rotation going forward but not ready to ditch my HG Purity just yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

Oh my gosh, I had a party to go to for my husbands company in the evening.... and I used this cold cream a couple hours before we had to be there. It gave me a horrible allergic reaction! Made my cheeks bright red, painful. I was hoping and praying the rash would go away for the party, however I had to slather on foundation to cover it and I still looked ridiculous! The red painful welts on my face lasted all night. Anyway, if you have sensitive skin or your're on retin-a (like I am), stay away from this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by uniquewabbit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My Grandmother used this and had beautiful skin until she died just before her 93rd birthday. I have sensitive skin and seem to be allergic to almost everything, especially perfumes. Because of this, I automatically avoided it because it smelled perfumy. I like the scent, it's just that usually something that smells 'pretty' breaks me out and makes me sick.

But, one day I just decided to live dangerously. A neighbor had been telling me about it and she had really nice skin so I figured what the hay. I got a tiny jar and was really surprised at the effects and results. No allergic reaction whatsoever; in fact, my skin calmed down.

This was about 3 years ago. I used it for a year and then, I became super nature-conscious; organic raw food life, etc. I started using other products that were organic and natural but nothing seemed to agree with my skin or clean off my make up. I figured if something couldn't clean off make-up it also couldn't clean my face when I didn't wear make-up and that thought bothered me. I started to remember a lot of herbs and oils and essesences could be exactly the reason for the original creation of things like white bread and synthetic perfumes: namely that some of us are allergic to so many things that natural substances many times make us look and feel worse than the synthetic and chemical. I remembered that poison ivy is also 'natural' and even though there are some people who aren't allergic to it, most people are and break out and get sick if exposed to it and a lot of the beautiful smelling natural plants of the world are seen by our weird bodies as poisons to start fighting off and ... the results are just the opposite of what we're going for both asthetically and healthwise.

So I went back to Pond's. I use both the cold cream and dry skin cream. Nothing like it for people like me who react to so many things negatively and thank God for stripped down wheat, altered milk, etc., because to us they are the only way our bodies won't react violently.

My husband says my skin looks a lot healthier already and this is only my third day using it.

The trick to it is a washcloth. Many 'exfoliating' products would not be needed if one used a good old fashioned scratchy (you know those 18 for $4) washcloths like the women did in my Grandmother's day. The best and old fashioned way to use Pond's cold cream is to wet one of those washcloths with hot (not burning, just really really warm) water and lay it on your face for a few seconds, keep the water hot, running (plug up the sink or not, whichever suits) while you apply the cream. I do my eyes last and this is the only product I've tried (and I've broken the bank trying out products, and non-products too, for that matter) that removes every speck of eye make-up in seconds. And the 24hr types of lip colors. Then wring out the very warm, almost hot washcloth and once again, lay it on your face a few seconds and then wipe off the cold cream. Thus you are exfoliating your skin, plus removing the cold cream. The make-up, sweat, etc. goes down the drain with the cold cream and it is so creamy, the washcloth removal doesn't strip your skin dry.

The feeling I get afterward is dewy, not oily or greasy. Then I apply the dry skin cream to my face and throat and even upper chest and elbows for good measure since I'm closer to 60 than 50 ;-) Younger women probably wouldn't need this last step.

Great, great stuff. Miraculous, when you consider the price.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing I'll ever use to take off my eye make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by velvetsmile

I'm turning 50 this year and I just started using both Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser and Pond's Dry Skin Cream- bought both jars at the same time. Why? because I never forgot what my 95 year old client/friend told me when I asked her why her face looked so smooth-really! She told me the "secret" was Pond's cold cream. I never forgot that bit of information and it was quite some time until I made my first recent purchase. I am so happy with the effect it's had my skin- my skin feels transformed- I have no dry spots now and my face feels soo soft. I even use it on my neck- I will never go back to the my old washing habits-I do not like to fuss-I feel good health comes from within-eating nutritious foods, exercising, H20, avoiding extended exposure to the sun. I have nothing negative to say about it- it works great for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by denise95

This cream is really not for anyone with even MILDLY sensitive skin. I am usually able to take heavy creams on my face ( SKII Stempower and Nivea Creme). I used Ponds as a cleansing balm, making sure to rinse off thoroughly before using a facial foam. However, about one hour after using it, my face started to break out in small pimples and patchy rashes. I heard they changed the formula so it's not the original anymore? Its fine as a body moisturiser though, just takes a tad longer to get absorbed. DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE WITH ANY DEGREE OF SENSITIVITY.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by PlantStrong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this classic. Thoroughly cleans without irritating my skin or causing breakouts. Very moisturizing. It doesn't rinse clean, which might bother some people. I use a damp washcloth to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love how this removes all my makeup, cleanses and moisturizes my skin all in one step. And one jar will last for months. But I won't be repurchasing because it made my nose get super oily, and I don't normally have oily skin.