July 23, 2014 | 2058 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Captive

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

I went to the MAC counter with my hubby for my B2M. I tried on a few lippies for him and he liked this one the best b/c (in his words) it made my blue eyes brighter. It took some getting used to b/c it's kind of dark on my lighter than nc/nw15 skin. I usually apply it with a lip brush lightly to give a pinky stain more than an opaque wash. When I do want more dramatic lips though, this is a lovely pink-plum shade. The Satin formula usually requires some gloss on top, but it's fairly soft on it's own. No complaints. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mcr29

This is the latest in my MAC lippie collection. I love the plummy rose tone of it and it does stay on a long time (like any MAC lippie). I am fair complected and dont think the color is too much at all. Just right. It looks great with a taupey e/s ala French Grey. If i ever finish it up I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by hydramgeablue

A great color for a special occasion or a night out, this is a deep fuchsia red on me. Very pretty, but a bit overpowering for everyday wear. Though it's described as "semi-matte", I find it a bit drying on my lips. I use it only occasionally, so I doubt I'll ever run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

BEAUTIFUL! I got this when I wanted to take advantage of my Back to MAC. But yeah I was torn between this, VIVA Glam IV, and Chic. But I decided to keep to the satin formula because satin last all effin day. Anyway I layer it with my favorite lustreglass LE Garden to get that frosty/pearlized look that you get from VG IV and Chic. Well anyway I'm so happy with this, and also the fact I got it for free. For reference, I'm a NC 30/35. For some reason, I'm so addicted to their lipsticks, I just keep coming back for more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

Captive isn't a bad color, but it is a bit basic. I like a little bit better when I can gloss it over or use it as a stain.
I'm not using this color as much, so I doubt that I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Flitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my new favorites. For me, it is a very wearable color. And I like the fact that I can wear it day or night. Because of the texture of this lipstick I always put on balm a few minutes before wearing it, but it lasts and lasts and lasts. I like to top it with some sort of gloss a lot of times. Love this color!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Lividity

This particular hue is very popular with most of the older people that live in this town. It's this dark berry/plum color that I've seen on everybody's lips since it became popular in the late ninties - which is probably why I'm experiencing burnout every time I see this color. If this color runs out, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC 35 w/ super dark brown hair and eyes. When I first put Captive on, my mom thought it was too dark for me, but then when I experimented a little, it looked really good as a lip stain, and also with Viva Glam VI over it. In fact, I don't think I would wear Captive WITHOUT VGVI gloss on top! I think I look better with warm tones, and those colors just brighten up my face. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks13

This is a lovely rose-pink on me (MAC Select SPF15 NC45, very pigmented lips). I find that this is a very good day lipstick when I wear a lip balm underneath it. Its in the satin formula which I find to be comfortable with lip balm or plain gloss underneath(but not by itself because that is a little drying)I find it to be a very versatile formula because you can use it matte, glossed up or just stained. Also, the color payoff is rather impressive. I probably wouldn't buy this again, only because I would love to try other colors from MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

This is a great shade for an evening out. Too intense on me for the day, it stands out a bit much on my pale skin. MAC has some very pretty and unique shades not to be found anywhere else and this is one of them. I had this in the matte and it was very drying, I haven't tried the satin so can't comment if they've improved.