MAC Captive

on 4/24/2010 6:11:00 PM

I got this on a whim for my back 2 mac containers, and wish I hadn't. It's not very flattering and reminds me of something an old lady would wear. MAC has many many way more exciting colors!

on 3/9/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This color is on the plum/ burgundy side. I actually tried this at a MAC counter after choosing three other neutral shades. I was looking for a darker shade that didn't scream bright red. Yes it is slightly dark, but the color on the lips is rich and alluring. A very nice alternative to the reds. Keep eyerything else neutral. I'd wear this with a matte brown eyeshadow and natural peachy blush.

on 1/6/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As everyone else has said this is a (gorgeous) berry color. Great for fall and winter. I was afraid it would be too dark on my NC20 skin, but its an amazing color. And contrary to what others have said I don't think its outdated at all. After getting it, to my surprise, my boyfriend liked it on me and he usually hates bright/dark/not natural looking lipsticks. Its a great color and worth trying out

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Captive is a very beautiful plummy/ berry like color. It is like a soft red on my lips. It's a satin, so it is very moisturizing and very pigmented on my darkly pigmented lips. This color makes my whole face glow and imo says "look at my lips". It's not subtle at all.

on 9/26/2008 7:58:00 PM

I went to the MAC counter with my hubby for my B2M. I tried on a few lippies for him and he liked this one the best b/c (in his words) it made my blue eyes brighter. It took some getting used to b/c it's kind of dark on my lighter than nc/nw15 skin. I usually apply it with a lip brush lightly to give a pinky stain more than an opaque wash. When I do want more dramatic lips though, this is a lovely pink-plum shade. The Satin formula usually requires some gloss on top, but it's fairly soft on it's own. No complaints. Will repurchase!

on 5/12/2008 2:21:00 AM

This is the latest in my MAC lippie collection. I love the plummy rose tone of it and it does stay on a long time (like any MAC lippie). I am fair complected and dont think the color is too much at all. Just right. It looks great with a taupey e/s ala French Grey. If i ever finish it up I will definitely repurchase.

A great color for a special occasion or a night out, this is a deep fuchsia red on me. Very pretty, but a bit overpowering for everyday wear. Though it's described as "semi-matte", I find it a bit drying on my lips. I use it only occasionally, so I doubt I'll ever run out of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

BEAUTIFUL! I got this when I wanted to take advantage of my Back to MAC. But yeah I was torn between this, VIVA Glam IV, and Chic. But I decided to keep to the satin formula because satin last all effin day. Anyway I layer it with my favorite lustreglass LE Garden to get that frosty/pearlized look that you get from VG IV and Chic. Well anyway I'm so happy with this, and also the fact I got it for free. For reference, I'm a NC 30/35. For some reason, I'm so addicted to their lipsticks, I just keep coming back for more!

Captive isn't a bad color, but it is a bit basic. I like a little bit better when I can gloss it over or use it as a stain.
I'm not using this color as much, so I doubt that I'll be repurchasing.

on 4/8/2007 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my new favorites. For me, it is a very wearable color. And I like the fact that I can wear it day or night. Because of the texture of this lipstick I always put on balm a few minutes before wearing it, but it lasts and lasts and lasts. I like to top it with some sort of gloss a lot of times. Love this color!!

Popular Lipsticks