MAC Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

4.7

on 10/8/2012 9:35:00 PM

Love the B2M program. 6 empties = 1 lipstick at the Macy's counter. But at a MAC store 6 empties= an eye shadow, lipgloss or lipstick. I usually wait until I am on vacation so I can go to the free standing MAC and get eyeshadows with my B2M. I have cashed in my empties over 10 times so far and love the program. Never had an issue with panless pots. Most MACs won't let you get a LE lipstick but if your close with your SA they will let it slid sometimes :)

on 10/8/2012 8:30:00 PM

I really think this program is very eco friendly I hate to throw away things it is nice I can bring it back and get a free lipstick I wish more company's did this.

on 10/8/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love this program, I can get only lipsticks but it's still great!
I got Syrup, Sea Sheer, Hug me, Sandy B, Pink Plaid, Cockney, Rebel, Russian Red, Cosmo and Diva this way and I had no problem with missing pans to date.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an amazing program. I'm one away from handing in my 3rd exchange and 3rd lippie! I know there have been cases where the SAs wouldn't accept pan-less packages but where I had mine exchanged, no questions were asked. It was as simple as them getting the containers and me picking out my lipsticks. One thing though, they can't exchange your lipstick if you don't like the color or the product. But for getting it for free, there's no complaining.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this, feels like Christmas (even though I've already purchased 6 products)

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this is an incredible program. not only is it not wasteful and good for the environment, but also benefits the consumer!
the great thing about this, is that you can back 2 mac items you no longer want, even if they aren't empty. so for example, if you buy something that just doesn't work for you, you can accumulate it with empties and/or other items that you no longer use and get a free lipstick out of it all.
i live in the UK and the small MAC pro that i visit in London only offers me free lipstick, so i assume it's only lipstick in the UK.
you can back 2 mac any container, so eyelash cases, brush cleaner, blush, eyeshadow, lipstick, lipgloss - anything. the only things that aren't accepted i believe are sharpeners and pencil lids and things like that. i also know that you can't get any viva glam products for free in the program. you can even back to mac items you get for free in the program. i know this because i returned a back 2 mac lipstick after having to depot the colour into a jar after it melted. i have heard that in some countries they put a red cross on the bottom of the lipsticks so that you can't recycle anything you received for free, but surely you could just remove the sticker? it's not an issue in the UK anyway.
another issue is returning the eyeshadows without the pan. at the MAC pro i visit (London, Carnaby Street), i asked one of the girls if you could back 2 mac the containers without the pan and she said yes, if that helps anyone.
i really recommend using this program!

I love back 2 mac program its amazing!!! If u give 6 mac empty containers in you get a free lipstick. I got a free lipstick milan mode which i love. Limited edition things are not part of the program which i think is fair:)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

For me I figure if I'm going to be buying mac products anyway, I might as well getting something for free out of it. Overall though I think six is alot to ask for, considering how long it takes you to go through things like lipsticks and eyeshadows, although I build up empties alot faster with brow products and skincare. In terms of people saying that they couldn't get anything other than a lipstick for their empties, you can only get shadows and lipglasses at freestanding stores, not at counters or online. As well as the issue with some stores/counters not accepting shadows without the pans, I've never had that issue even though I've depotted all my shadows. Granted the way I do it does not deform the pot in any way, but still it should not be an issue. I also think it's unfair that online they only list certain items that can be returned, but in store you can bring in any empty that you have, not just lip/eyeshadow/fndt/blush/mascara products.

on 5/23/2012 12:39:00 AM

Priceless to all of us make up junkies out there. Thanks MAC : )

on 4/16/2012 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love the back 2 Mac program it is fantastic! I always collect my empty containers and get so excited when I can get a free lipstick in return! I know in the US you also have the choice of eyeshadow and lipgloss but in Australia I'm pretty sure it's only lipstick, but I could be wrong as I usually visit a counter. I tell all my friends about this too!

Popular Other Products