October 25, 2014 | 1499 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love back 2 mac program its amazing!!! If u give 6 mac empty containers in you get a free lipstick. I got a free lipstick milan mode which i love. Limited edition things are not part of the program which i think is fair:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by XxDeathXAngelxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For me I figure if I'm going to be buying mac products anyway, I might as well getting something for free out of it. Overall though I think six is alot to ask for, considering how long it takes you to go through things like lipsticks and eyeshadows, although I build up empties alot faster with brow products and skincare. In terms of people saying that they couldn't get anything other than a lipstick for their empties, you can only get shadows and lipglasses at freestanding stores, not at counters or online. As well as the issue with some stores/counters not accepting shadows without the pans, I've never had that issue even though I've depotted all my shadows. Granted the way I do it does not deform the pot in any way, but still it should not be an issue. I also think it's unfair that online they only list certain items that can be returned, but in store you can bring in any empty that you have, not just lip/eyeshadow/fndt/blush/mascara products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by elizabethreme

Priceless to all of us make up junkies out there. Thanks MAC : )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love the back 2 Mac program it is fantastic! I always collect my empty containers and get so excited when I can get a free lipstick in return! I know in the US you also have the choice of eyeshadow and lipgloss but in Australia I'm pretty sure it's only lipstick, but I could be wrong as I usually visit a counter. I tell all my friends about this too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thank MAC for having this program. I now try to get all my staple items from them. Except for my skincare. I don't know how many eyeshadows I have gotten for free because of this. I'm lucky enough to have a store near me. Love this program!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

BACK 2 MAC is awesome. As long as you go to a MAC store (in America) you are able to redeem your empty 6 containers for an eyeshadow, lipgloss, or lipstick. If you go to a department store like Macys or Nordstrom, you will only receive a lipstick. Other then that, you can't go wrong for receiving free products.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sila2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very disappointed from Mac , i collected 6 empty items from mac cosmetics ,i bring it to one mac store in turkey (taksim), and im was said to hear from them that they dont accept this empty items to change with lipsticks , i think that mac makes rule available all over the world not just in amerika or some other country. SOMETHING ELSE make me really really said ,i bought a lipstick from the same store i asked hue lipstick and i get it ,but in reallity i want please me i asked the wrong name , so the next day i return to the store to change it( of course without open it) but i'm shocked to hear that product purshased can't be return it or replace it with other product ,IT REALLY NOT FAIR ,i always read in the internet some people even try the product and return it because he didn't like it and me i wanted to change it without be opening and they dont accept !!!!! PLEASE MAC DO SOMETHING AND BE FAIR.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tenfeetz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little annoyed the other day when I went to mac in nordstrom and they said that I could only get a lipstick and not a lipgloss. Anyone else have this problem?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by allthegoodonesaretaken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good program. If you are unable to go to a counter, you may ship them in to MAC for a lipstick. The site states that you are able to ship in 6 empties at a time for one lipstick. Just fill out a simple form (bascially what the six you are sending in are and your top 3 lipstick choices), print and send in the form with your empties. They will ship you one of the lipsticks. If you want more choices (an eyeshadow or lipgloss), go to a counter.

I am proud of MAC for being the only brand that is willing to contribute to our environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Glamourbabies

MAC's Back to Mac Program is probably one of the main things that keep me coming back to MAC (well, the program combined with their wide array of colors and high pigment.)
It takes me a fair amount of time to save up the containers and I often find myself loosing the containers in the interim - but I love the philosphy. Take 6 empty containers back to a MAC store or department store and get a free lipgloss, eyeshadow or lipstick. I love it.