July 22, 2014 | 1307 users online

Scrubs - Pro Activ - Deep Cleansing Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by oddtraveler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to have persistent problems with blocked pores around my knees, backne, and yes, occasional asne - up until I started using this stuff.

Any product that actually eliminates my backne gets a thumbs up in my book. The only problems I have with this stuff are that it doesn't lather well at all, and really difficult to squeeze out of the bottle. I took it and mixed it with a half finished bottle of my previous body wash, though, and that solved both problems more or less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I use this whenever i have a acne attack.
Pros: Deters/ clears acne attacks, non irritating, no residue left after washing
Cons: Expensive, can be drying at times.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by schoolteacher

I keep this in the shower and use it as my body scrub. It smells very fresh. Will definitely purchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by bickpen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started by using the Proactiv 3 piece kit. I was able to purchase a special offer on the Canadian Shopping Channel that had the Deep Cleansing Wash as a bonus. It says it can be used for face & body and it's active ingredient is salicylic acid, with botanicals (aloe, camomile) scrub beads, in a creamy cleanser. The bottle is a generous 8 oz and has a pump. At first I just used it in the shower as a body scrub, but then tried it on my face one morning and it had a fresh mint smell and left my skin really soft. I now use it more often than the renewing cleanser and have re-ordered a 2-pack of the Deep Cleansing Wash.
Note: you cannot put either of these Proactiv cleansers on the eye area as the active ingredients will cause stinging. Proactiv does offer make-up cleansing cloths but I use Nuxe Cleansing Water for Face & Eyes (Eau Demaquillante), or Marcelle Eye Make-up Remover to take-off my make-up first.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by cherylsue

I never had acne as a teenager, but as an adult I found myself suffering with cystic acne all over my cheekbones as well incredibly enlarged pores on my cheeks and nose.

I thought of ProActive as something for teenagers, but gave it a try anyway.

When I used the scrub by following their directions, it really irritated my skin. But I could see a big difference in my acne so I didn't want to give up!
I played around with different ways to use it and found one that worked without causing irritation: I wash my face with a mild soap and then it really wet. I put the scrub in my hand and then add water to it before putting it on my face. I scrub in circular motions for about a minute and then rinse.

No irritation and no more acne! I definitely recommend ProActive for anyone with mild to moderate acne. If it is irritating - you may find that using it this way will prevent that.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2006 1:46:00 PM More reviews by bobbiejbusby

I did not have very bad skin when I first started using this product. I have been using Proactive for over a year and my dermatologist recently told me that I have "rebound" skin. My face is super oily now and I have breakouts all the time. Proactive made my skin terrible in the end. I use to only occassionally break out in the T-zone area-I am now breaking out ALL over my face. I am 28 years old and this should not be happening now. I firmly believe that is because of the use of this product and wish I had never started using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mashi2000

I use this on my face, chest and back as I had horrible breakout a month back. I bought the whole system with the cleanser, toner, lotion and this cleanser. I then left the 3 step system at my parents house and I started using the cleanser on my face also. It think this cleanser might actually work better than the renewal cleanser, at least you get more for your money. Also the smell is very pleasant and has a minty feel to it which is refreshing. I didn't notice a vast improvement after the first 2 weeks of use but now i have zero active acne and no more breakouts (could be due to hormonal changes) but I think it could be because of this deep cleanser. It's a bit pricey but having zitless skin is priceless in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this along with the 3 piece system. I keep this in the shower to use as my facial cleanser for step one. It really makes my face feel clean and refreshed and soft. I follow up with the toner and the repairing lotion. I will repurchase. Since I wash my face twice daily I use this scrub once, then at night I use the cleanser that is part of the 3 piece system.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by stefd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this, along with the rest of the proactiv line! I keep this is my shower and the renewing cleanser at the sink. Proactiv has seriously cleared my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by KristinKuz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It irritated my skin and made it break out worse when I first started using this, than it cleared my skin minimally after a few weeks? CAUTION, This will bleach out clothing, towels, etc. (as it does your skin, don't use if you want a tan). Make sure you wipe off completely with water before drying your face.