Pro Activ Deep Cleansing Wash

3.8

Active Ingredient: salicylic acid 2%. Inactive Ingredients: water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, distearyl phthalic acid amide, polyethylene, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, jojoba esters, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, ammonium laureth sulfate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, menthol, butylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, fragrance (parfum), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The regular 3-step Pro Activ is just to harsh for my adult skin, but I love this product. I use this product on my face almost every morning. I prefer to use this in the morning, since it is easier to rinse off in the shower. I wear contacts, so the splash method isn't easy to use and a wash cloth leaves grit behind. The deep cleansing wash also works well on back or chest acne, as well as razor bumps too. I use it as needed for these problems. I preferred the old packaging with a pump dispenser, but the first few pumps would discolor the product due to the metal piece in the pump. I believe people were sending the product back because of this so the lid is now a push tab on the top. I save and clean the old pump and continue to use this. I have recommended to others that have reactions to benzoyl peroxide and they all have liked it too. If it reddens the skin too much, just use once a day or every other day. This is one of the staples of my skin care regimen.

I am not a fan of Pro Activ's three step kit, however, I do really love this cleanser. It is green in color and contains little scrubbies to help clean your skin and get rid of dirt and oil. It smells nice and I feel that it helps calm my skin when I get nasty break outs during that "time of the month." Just be careful not to get any of the little scrubbies in your eye! Keep your eyes closed tight while rinsing. My best friend accidentally scratched her eye with one of the little scrubbies and ended up in the eye doctor's office!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Pro Activ a while ago because of all the good things I had heard about it. This probably wont be the most helpful review: I couldn't use it because unknownst to me I was horribly allergic to benzyl peroxide. The morning after I used it, it had completely taken off the top layer of my skin... I was perspiring all over my face... It hurt so bad and I couldn't leave the house for fear of sun burn... Either way, after my skin healed, all my acne was legit gone. Of course it came back, but if I were willing to sacrifice the pain for such clear skin I would keep using it obviously. I guess what I'm saying is, use it with caution cause it's really strong but clearly effective.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

good exfoliation since the beads are very smooth. nice smell and doesn't cause more acne. I'm not sure if this works on acne because I've been using benzoyl peroxide and that is more the reason why my skin has been clearing up. But this is a great product and you def. get a good amount for your money. This is also a good product for the body since you get so much.

I used to have persistent problems with blocked pores around my knees, backne, and yes, occasional asne - up until I started using this stuff.

Any product that actually eliminates my backne gets a thumbs up in my book. The only problems I have with this stuff are that it doesn't lather well at all, and really difficult to squeeze out of the bottle. I took it and mixed it with a half finished bottle of my previous body wash, though, and that solved both problems more or less.

I use this whenever i have a acne attack.
Pros: Deters/ clears acne attacks, non irritating, no residue left after washing
Cons: Expensive, can be drying at times.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I keep this in the shower and use it as my body scrub. It smells very fresh. Will definitely purchase in the future.

I started by using the Proactiv 3 piece kit. I was able to purchase a special offer on the Canadian Shopping Channel that had the Deep Cleansing Wash as a bonus. It says it can be used for face & body and it's active ingredient is salicylic acid, with botanicals (aloe, camomile) scrub beads, in a creamy cleanser. The bottle is a generous 8 oz and has a pump. At first I just used it in the shower as a body scrub, but then tried it on my face one morning and it had a fresh mint smell and left my skin really soft. I now use it more often than the renewing cleanser and have re-ordered a 2-pack of the Deep Cleansing Wash.
Note: you cannot put either of these Proactiv cleansers on the eye area as the active ingredients will cause stinging. Proactiv does offer make-up cleansing cloths but I use Nuxe Cleansing Water for Face & Eyes (Eau Demaquillante), or Marcelle Eye Make-up Remover to take-off my make-up first.

I never had acne as a teenager, but as an adult I found myself suffering with cystic acne all over my cheekbones as well incredibly enlarged pores on my cheeks and nose.

I thought of ProActive as something for teenagers, but gave it a try anyway.

When I used the scrub by following their directions, it really irritated my skin. But I could see a big difference in my acne so I didn't want to give up!
I played around with different ways to use it and found one that worked without causing irritation: I wash my face with a mild soap and then it really wet. I put the scrub in my hand and then add water to it before putting it on my face. I scrub in circular motions for about a minute and then rinse.

No irritation and no more acne! I definitely recommend ProActive for anyone with mild to moderate acne. If it is irritating - you may find that using it this way will prevent that.

I did not have very bad skin when I first started using this product. I have been using Proactive for over a year and my dermatologist recently told me that I have "rebound" skin. My face is super oily now and I have breakouts all the time. Proactive made my skin terrible in the end. I use to only occassionally break out in the T-zone area-I am now breaking out ALL over my face. I am 28 years old and this should not be happening now. I firmly believe that is because of the use of this product and wish I had never started using it.