July 26, 2014 | 938 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I want to update this review (just because I've had awesome results the past two months)! I rated this overall from a 4 to a 5. Even though I hate the price, the product works absolutely FANTASTIC for me. I actually stopped washing my face in the morning because I shower and only use this product at night (I double-cleanse to take off my makeup). So far, I've had literally no breakouts (except around that time of the month, and sometimes I don't even get anything). I never thought a simple routine would work this great. SO HAPPY!! Will repurchase as long as it's sold in stores.
___________________________________________
I never use to break out in high school, but in my early 20's I began suffering from persistent breakouts around my chin area. I have mainly lots of clogged pores which ALWAYS turn into huge white heads no matter what I do. Unfortunately, this has lead to some acne scarring. Needless to say, I've tried all different types of cleansers. and this one seems to do the trick. It has only been a little over a week but I'm seeing a few differences in my skin. I use to use a benzoyl peroxide wash- this dried out my skin SO much! Murad's cleanser makes my skin feel smooth and soft. I have seen my scars slowly diminishing and my skin brightening. The only cons about this product are that it's 1) expensive and 2) if you have clogged pores or suffer from whiteheads- this cleanser will bring those impurities to the surface (But i guess they have to get out anyway, right?.. Either way, I'm willing to suffer for a week or two).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by savyy

Although it was gentle enough for my sensitive skin--none of that tightness, dryness or redness I usually get from exfoliating washes, it was very pricy for a product that did nothing. I used it for a couple of months and saw now improvement. In fact, it seemed to worsen the tiny bumps on my jaw line and forehead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry to bring the rating down, this product gave me tons of clogged pores. Ironically after using it the first time I saw that my skin looked very clear, then after the second use I was even more impressed till the next day when I saw the effect it had on my skin. Clog city for me....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mostlym3

I have dry skin, redness, rosacea and I use this a few times a week. It is gentle enough with my sensitive skin - and really exfoliates my skin so completely. A little goes a long way so I can see this tube lasting several months. I've been using it over a month and love the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this product :)!!!! Even though that I've got acne, this is much better for me than the Murad Blemish Control Clarifying Cleanser. The skin feels SO fresh and much more smooth after using this. Love to use it with a cuttyn pad( in danish:vadtrondel), because it makes the cleanser exfoliate more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is fabulous for oily skin like mine. I don't use this everyday, generally I use this as my night cleanser every other day or a bit less in winter. At first when I used this cleanser I didn't think it could exfoliate much since the granules felt small and when you rub them into your skin they dissolve. But when I looked at my face after rinsing I noticed right away how bright my skin looked. My skin also felt smoother to the touch. I've tried using this everyday and for me it was too much exfoliation and made my skin feel tight and dry. When used less often though it creates and maintains a bright skin tone. The price is a bit higher than I would usually pay for a cleanser but it is true that when I use this I only need about a nickel sized amount for my face so the product lasts and is therefore a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by HamHamGurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have rosecea with pretty bad acne outbreak recently, my skin is extremely sensitive yet oily, it's a weird combination. I finally realized that physical exfoliation is not for me, I need chemical exfoliation like AHA/BHA. Although this product has some tiny beans in it, it is gentle enough even my skin can take it. I think it helps to unclog my pores on top of Differin lotion (btw Differin lotion is sooo much more gentler than the gel), it also help skin cell to turn over faster to help fade post acne marks. I m a makeup/skin care product junkie (with a basket full of samples of every product :p) and I have basically tried every product on the market, from low end to high end. I am sticking with this and repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by micheeelle

I actually got this in a package as a sample. I was skeptical whether using it or not, but thats when I made a stop by MUA and the reviews were great. Of course, when I tried it, I thought some magic would happen right afterwards. I started getting a few white heads here and there, you know, your teen years. And, Retin A was helping them flatten out, but Murad got the redness out, and all my whiteheads on my forehead are gone. As for my problem area for the last few days, on my cheek, it's still there, but no longer red. Keep in mind, I used the Murad cleanser with Retin A. I'm sure the Murad cleanser is completly worth buying in the future, but maybe a good acne medication like Retin A is good if you're using it for acne. I really don't enjoy the after feel of the scrub, but that is okay, because it does its job!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by balletbabe

This exfoliating cleanser has completely transformed my skin. Several months before my wedding, I began getting monthly facials. The esthitician recommended this product as I have combination skin with dry patches which were clogging my pores causing breakouts. After four months of use, I can honestly say that my skin has never looked or felt better. I use a normal cleanser (olay sensitive skin foaming cleanser) to remove makeup before using the scrub. I found it works better if I use it daily. After using, my skin feels so smooth!! Continuous use has drastically improved my skin texture and reduced breakouts. I also find that applying a salicylic acid 2% serum after using it really helps the serum to penetrate my pores. I will use this product forever. It is pricey but definitely worth it- one tube has lasted four months!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by aidyruth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is awesome! I went against the instructions and use it every morning, and it's amazing! my skin is reallllllly good lately- now I can not 100% guarantee that this is because of my cleanser, because I am pregnant and who knows what goodness this is doing to my skin, but it's not harming it thats for sure!!
It hasn't hurt my skin at all with daily use, and my skin is pretty sensitive. I also only use a teeny bit... so a bottle lasts agggges, i got a bit low recently (about 3/4 of an inch left) and freaked out and bought a new bottle; that was about 2 months ago and I've used about half of what's left in the old one so that has to be a win!
I never buy the same product twice, so HG HG HG!!