January 24, 2015 | 1822 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by shimmygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay it's probably too early to say too much, but I've been using this product for 2 weeks now and can see a difference. I have acne scars and melasma so for me to notice a difference is saying alot. It's a very gentle formula, there are granules in the cleanser but they are also very gentle. A little goes a long way, I feel already that the price is not bad at all for the amount of the bottle and for how far it goes. My skin feels a little tight after use, but nothing uncomfortable or noticable to anyone but me and I don't have any drying or peeling, I just see the dark spots starting to lighten a bit. I also use Murad Lightener serum, so the combo has been great. I will be back in a few weeks for an updated review.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This isn't a harsh scrub. It has AHA and BHA which is essential to me. I can use it every day. It seems to balance out my skin. I didn't get this bottle brand new, I received it in a swap so I'm not quite sure if the results would have changed if I did in fact get in from a store. But the product does 1 out of the 2 things it says, it does improve skin tone, and if I use it for a long period of time maybe it will "polish away dullness and dehydraytion". I love Murad products and i continue too. simply because they work and don't promise a list of things that never happen....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

I got a 1 oz sample of this and am really impressed. For an exfoliator, it does just that...exfoliates your skin. It's not going to make your scars disappear or your skin turn into a unicorn baby but it does help scrub off the dead skin, get rid of the clogged pores, and make your skin glow. Unlike other exfoliators I've used in the past, it didn't dry out my skin or irritate it.
Overall, I really like this product and once I ran out, I'll definitely consider repurchasing. Since it's a scrub, I only use it 2-3 times a week so it looks like it's going to last me a long time.
As far as people complaining about clogged pores...make sure you use a good noncomedogenic moisturizer after exfoliating. It should help your skin out a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by HazelGrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this face scrub! Honestly, it makes my face positively GLOW. And after one use, the pores on my nose are completely empty. That never happens! I fight and fight with my nose, and I eventually end up having to squeeze it (gasp!) to get all the stuff out. This scrub isn't even marketed as a blackhead scrub, but damn, it rocks my world. Pricey, yes, but for something that works: Totally. Worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I want to update this review (just because I've had awesome results the past two months)! I rated this overall from a 4 to a 5. Even though I hate the price, the product works absolutely FANTASTIC for me. I actually stopped washing my face in the morning because I shower and only use this product at night (I double-cleanse to take off my makeup). So far, I've had literally no breakouts (except around that time of the month, and sometimes I don't even get anything). I never thought a simple routine would work this great. SO HAPPY!! Will repurchase as long as it's sold in stores.
___________________________________________
I never use to break out in high school, but in my early 20's I began suffering from persistent breakouts around my chin area. I have mainly lots of clogged pores which ALWAYS turn into huge white heads no matter what I do. Unfortunately, this has lead to some acne scarring. Needless to say, I've tried all different types of cleansers. and this one seems to do the trick. It has only been a little over a week but I'm seeing a few differences in my skin. I use to use a benzoyl peroxide wash- this dried out my skin SO much! Murad's cleanser makes my skin feel smooth and soft. I have seen my scars slowly diminishing and my skin brightening. The only cons about this product are that it's 1) expensive and 2) if you have clogged pores or suffer from whiteheads- this cleanser will bring those impurities to the surface (But i guess they have to get out anyway, right?.. Either way, I'm willing to suffer for a week or two).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by savyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although it was gentle enough for my sensitive skin--none of that tightness, dryness or redness I usually get from exfoliating washes, it was very pricy for a product that did nothing. I used it for a couple of months and saw now improvement. In fact, it seemed to worsen the tiny bumps on my jaw line and forehead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry to bring the rating down, this product gave me tons of clogged pores. Ironically after using it the first time I saw that my skin looked very clear, then after the second use I was even more impressed till the next day when I saw the effect it had on my skin. Clog city for me....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mostlym3

I have dry skin, redness, rosacea and I use this a few times a week. It is gentle enough with my sensitive skin - and really exfoliates my skin so completely. A little goes a long way so I can see this tube lasting several months. I've been using it over a month and love the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this product :)!!!! Even though that I've got acne, this is much better for me than the Murad Blemish Control Clarifying Cleanser. The skin feels SO fresh and much more smooth after using this. Love to use it with a cuttyn pad( in danish:vadtrondel), because it makes the cleanser exfoliate more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is fabulous for oily skin like mine. I don't use this everyday, generally I use this as my night cleanser every other day or a bit less in winter. At first when I used this cleanser I didn't think it could exfoliate much since the granules felt small and when you rub them into your skin they dissolve. But when I looked at my face after rinsing I noticed right away how bright my skin looked. My skin also felt smoother to the touch. I've tried using this everyday and for me it was too much exfoliation and made my skin feel tight and dry. When used less often though it creates and maintains a bright skin tone. The price is a bit higher than I would usually pay for a cleanser but it is true that when I use this I only need about a nickel sized amount for my face so the product lasts and is therefore a good investment.