April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Aqua Paradise

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by drinkmoresoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aqua Paradise looks fantastic in the pan! I was tempted to buy it even before reading reviews, but I have bluish-green eyes and similar shadows don't always look the best on me. I am just slightly disappointed in this as I have to use a fingertip to apply to get the intensity that I want...otherwise it will barely show up on my PPP skin. I haven't tried applying it wet yet. But I do love this color. Looks great if I pair it with the right blush and clothing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2005 8:33:00 PM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW. I loooove this eyeshadow. When I went through my green eyeshadow phase, this was the perfect thing. It's only $4, it goes on so intensely compared to the othet CG eyeshadows, and it's shimmery and mermaid-sexy and easy to use all at once. If you're looking for that perfect mermaid eyeshadow, this is it. Plus, it's cheaper than L'Oreal's perle eyeshadows too. It adds the perfect touch too with silver eyeshadow, and it's very similar to the aqua green eyeshadow in Sugar Cosmetics Storybook Sugar: Cloud 9.

However, I am no longer in my green phase, so I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by president_of

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

the colour is so bright!! it was so unlike any of the other CG e/s. so i picked it up and tryed it and i love it. it shows up very well. and it goes nice with multiple colours. the price is wonderful for how much you get. the packaging could be better, but that's okay. i'll definetly buy it again once it's out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 6:09:00 PM More reviews by auras

This color is just amazing, maybe a bit too shimmery for my taste. But it's unique on brown eyes, I also use it as a wetliner. I will buy it again if I ever run out in this lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 6:28:00 PM More reviews by geeLICIOUS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never knew this color existed until I ran across it at Wal-Mart. I was apprehensive to purchase it, as CG products are a hit or miss. Thank god this was a hit! The pigmentation is really really nice. An attractive aqua-green. It pops if you pair the shade with a nice gold or with some black eyeliner and mascara. It creases a wee bit after an hour or two but if you have a really good eye primer (I use Urban Decay), it actually lasts about 8 hours. I suggest this color for the bold and daring, as it is a very dramatic jewel color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product gets only three lippies for lack of staying power, but other than that, is a great low-end bright shadow. It's usually hard to find vibrant low-prices shadows, but Aqua Paradise is a pretty, metallic aqua green. Unfortunately, it fades within and hour and isn't that pigmented, but used over a base or concealer, does last longer. Plus, this shade now comes in the magneted pot than can be placed in a MAC pallette. Would buy again at this price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2005 4:15:00 PM More reviews by fashion_equalsPASSION

I love the color, very bright!

It goes on with okay pigment. could be a little better.

the only problem is, after a few hours, it spread over my whole lid (i only had it on the top lash line)...it also turned a little bit darker and greasy looking, and made my eye look kind of gross.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by QueenB2784

This is a good color, a little bright but nice color! I wear it over black eyeliner for a little pop and it makes my brown eyes really stand out! I wouldn't wear it in the day time cause it is a lil' bright, but for nights it is okay! Probably won't have to repurchase because I don't use it often enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by vbie3714

The color caught my eye; it was the first thing I was drawn to. I love love love the color; problem is, it isn't pigmented enough and fades away/creases easily. After about half a day, I noticed it was all faded and looked like I slept with my eye makeup on. Too bad. I love this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Seclusae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Metallic medium aqua eyeshadow with very strong green tones.

PACKAGINGCover Girl eyeshadow singles come in a rectangle pan with a clear cover that snaps shut. They also come with a sponge applicator that really helps with packing color on. I have not had problems with CG eyeshadow packaging at all.

COLOR The number one reason I bought this eyeshadow. Like I said, it is a vibrant metallic aqua shade that is on the green side. Most definitely one of the more unique shades in the drugstore. I do not reach for it very often because of it is very dramatic shade. I took a half point off because it is not the most versatile shade in the world, especially on my golden complexion. It takes a little bit more effort to make it work.

TEXTURE I took another half point off because I wish that the texture is a little bit softer. It takes a harder hand to achieve a solid application of color. Otherwise, I get a sheer wash of color that does not look right with my strong peach and yellow undertones.

STAYING POWER This creases on my oily lids but I never take a point off for that. I have found no eyeshadow that does not crease without a base.

OVERALL Fantastic shade. Dirt cheap price. I would repurchase but I doubt that I will finish it in my lifetime! continued >>