October 1, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - High Impact Eyeshadow in Foxy

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ania81

I got this eye shadow as part of a gift with purchase so unfortunately it's not in one of those sleek cases but instead in a plastic green one. The color is great for a taupe-y shade because like many have mentioned, it's got just the right amount of shimmer. In addition, I can see how this would work with many skintones and compliment a wide range of other shadows to create versatile looks.
However, with a name High Impact, I am surprised how sheer this goes on my lids. I have to apply multiple layers to get the actual color to show. I am thinking of buying a good eye primer as this is a problem that I've experienced with many eyeshadows. Will I buy again? Likely not as I'm always looking for something better..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

This is a HG taupe for me--the color is just beautiful!! It is just so versatile. In fact, I'm wearing it right now with Sugar Sugar and Keylime Pie and it looks awesome! As others have mentioned below it is a deep shimmery taupe. If you like taupes and neutrals, this shadow is a definite must-have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jago

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful color, composed of taupe grey & brown. It works well to line my dark brown eyes with, I have brown lashes & pale skin, and anything darker than this looks much too harsh as a liner or shadow. I find it to be of good quality and it has lasted me quite a long time with moderate use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by TUTOMIA

I LOVE CLINIQUES EYE SHADOWS. NICE UNIVERSAL COLOR, NEVER CREASES ON ME.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was one of my very first eyeshadows. im on my second one right now. its the only eyeshadow i ever used up. i became a makeup junkie after this. but this shadow is always one of my staples'. it is great for a daytime look. its one of my favorite colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have been using this eyeshadow ever since the first day i wore makeup. it's a dark brown, slightly shimmery shadow with the smallest shot of gray...applies smoothly looks great on anyone. <3 kADY

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Foxy is a beautiful sexy taupe-based grey with finely milled silvery shimmer. I imagine it would look stunning as part of a softer smoky eye look for when you don't want to use black eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by drewluvr1

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye shadow! I have never tried it without my UD primer potion, so I don't know about the lasting power on it's own, but the color is perfect! This is my basic everyday eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 9:21:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great soft, silvery-taupe colour and a superb finish once on. It is slightly shimmery in the pan and soft on the eyelid. Just a hint of shimmer shines on the eyelid--no sparkles and gaudy look. It lasts for ages on my eyelids which tend toward being a bit oily, but a base takes care of any traveling. I love it on my dark blue eyes, and wear a black liner with it, and vanilla on the bone. It is soft, natural and just enough to accent my eyes without looking overly made up for daytime, and you can dress it up at night to make a smokey eye with darker eyliner all the way around and the soft shimmer in the middle.
This one is a keeper; if I use it all up (there is a generous supply in the pan), I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 5:39:00 AM More reviews by jules007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Medium, soft shimmery brown-grey/taupe eye-shadow that could work for many skintones. A staple in my collection. I don't have problems with creasing, probably because I use a shadow base. This color is simply pretty, versatile for day and night and great for layering with a a variety of eyeshadows. Works well over or under browns, tawny or plum colors. Looks particulary stunning paired with Color Surge Almost Peach (another versatile staple) on the browbone.