July 31, 2014 | 1669 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by pekemeso

I accidentally bought this toner at Walmart, but this was not so bad.Actually my skin looked healthy after I finished it. It contains alcohol,so it sting my skin. And it will dry really quick.sometimes it too much dry up. I'll not recommend this for someone who has sensitive skin. Definitely it going to be painful. Normal to Oily skin are probably okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by virgochild101

I am very picky when comes to alot of things especially skin care since I do have acne prone skin, so shopping for facial products at drugstores can be very cumbersome. However, this product is one of the best drugstore brand toners I've used and I am quite pleased with my results. (1) This product contains glycolic acid, which is a difficult ingredient to find in most drugstore brands. Glycolic acid works well for me when treating acne, it dries out existing acne lesions reducing recovery time and it gives my skin a luminous glow that I haven't had in a long time. (2) Although it contains glycolic and salicylic acid it doesn't irritate my acne. Overall I'm pleased with this product and will keep it in my arsenal. If you have dry, sensitive skin or suffer from rosacea I would not recommend this product. It also contains alcohol, so if you don't like toners with this ingredient I wouldn't recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by stefers713

Can I give it a 3.5?

The fact is that this toner does TONE and work well and couples with its ability to keep your skin more clear. In addition it does make your pores smaller as advertised.

However, it doesn't make a huge difference when it comes to the size of the pores as I would like it to. Pig pores are inherent in my family.

So I will be on a search for one that works a little better, if not this one will do as it is the best one I have used so far...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

no. not good sent back

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nasnli

This is my first bottle of this product, I am about halfway through and so far,\ I like it a lot and do plan to repurchase. I've been using the 'teen' marketed acne toners for years but at 25 I figure it's time to try something else. I am glad I did. As opposed to other toners I have used it is more effective at clearing my skin and less drying. Good and good. I have noticed my skin to be a little clearer, and since one of the the ingredients is aloe vera extract I find it doesn't strip all the moisture from my skin the way clean n clear did.. oops.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I found something that actually works! For months now I've been trying to find anything that would help my gigantic pores. I spent tons of money on high end products that did nothing for me. I ran out of my regular toner and saw this when I was at the store. I really didn't expect this stuff to help, but I figure it couldn't hurt. Literally two days later my skin looks flawless. My pores have have shrunk so much just from using this once a day. Now that I know it actually works, I'm going to start using it twice a day, especially since it's so cheap I don't have to feel like I need to make it last a long time. Honestly though, I would be willing to pay 5x as much for this now that I know how well it works.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by riama

It was too strong for my face ... it burned sometimes after I pat my face with a cotton pad that had a few drops of the solution. I just started to use it near my collarbone and low neck area for an extra clean, especially when I'm wearing white collar shirts. On my neck or face, it was strong. Now trying the alcohol free neutrogena solution!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nivea646

Okay, to begin with, I have a very annoying dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Its nice and glowy most of the times, but one wrong use of a product makes it start breaking out and going on incessantly. Neutrogena, so far, is the best brand that takes care of my tender skin in a very gentle way.
I picked this toner mainly to wash off the left residue from makeup. Pore tightening came as an added advantage. It does a good job of cleansing my skin, and I have realized that when I stop using it, my skin starts breaking out or gets tons of white head, cuz my skin demands being cleaned very well.
Regarding the pore tightening, honestly I never cared to even notice any difference on the pores. I do have noticeable pores but as long as I dont have white heads, I'm good and this product helps me with that.
I would not rebuy this right after, because i feel that it is a little too strong for long term use as I am looking for something that doesn't have alcohol in it. I will try the alcohol-free toner from Neutrogena, and I may come back to this later on.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

This toner isn't all that for me.Its pretty basic didn't help with anything.It made my face red around certain are (mostly chin) but it made my face really soft and smooth.Doesn't control oil much ethier. This product didn't blow me away at allSo i won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this as an impulse buy (just like another reviewer). I have large orange-rind type pores on my cheeks that stand out. It's so bad that even with a primer on foundation tends to still sink into them and make them look obvious. So I thought I'd buy this and it'd help the problem. I was hoping for temporary not permanent (although permanent would have been nice). I swear I'd save up a ton of money just for a product that'd shrink/tighten the pores for at least 4hrs. This wasn't it. I didn't see a difference at all. I actually had to stop using it within a few days because my skin broke out in acne all over. I'm hunting still for my receipt so I can get my money back on it. If you're acne prone like me then I wouldn't suggest you buying this. Have resilient skin that can handle anything? Go for it.