October 23, 2014 | 1907 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Baby Grace

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the 1st Philosophy fragrance I have expeirence with and I'm not in love. I really didn't care for this sorta smell. Very light and not really baby powder but something wierd that I cannot describe. Not sexy at all or even classy, this wouldn't be bad for a body wash but nothing I want to smell like for a perfume.. No Thanks..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Pollars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This smells like a cheap dryer sheet (not even a Downy one). This has nothing to do with smelling new and fresh like a newborn baby (which I've heard Philosophy people say). It's somewhat floral with a creamy, thick scent. Too much for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love every Philosophy product I've ever bought and this one is no exception. It is awesome. People ask m what I'm wearing all the time when I wear this. Amazing Grace is my favorite but this is a close second.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by coldwarkid

This is definitely one of my favorite scents. I've been giving this "the eye" ever since I saw it on a magazine. I tend to like the "baby" scents so that was the main reason for being attracted to this product. And boy was it worth it, I was a student using my own allowance when I bought this and I'm glad I took the risk. I would put this on every morning, every day. That's how much I loved it. I love that its subtle and not overpowering unlike most perfumes. This isn't one of those perfumes which you can smell a foot away. When sprayed on my clothes, the smell is even more lovely. As much as I would like to expand this review by mentioning what the top notes are, I can't as I'm not an expert on those things. This is such a comforting scent for me. I still remember a former classmate once said "wow you smell so good" and somehow that's my benchmark for determining if the scent is worth it. I don't have a problem with the staying power because even if I put it in a pile of dirty clothes, the scent is still there. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sparkleshimmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not my favorite fragrance, but I like it. It does not smell like baby powder at all. It's a grown up scent.

But, I prefer to wear it on clothing to get the most out of all the notes. The few times I've worn it, was in the heat of summer and each time the scent was a little different. I guess my body chemistry was bringing out the spice notes more. Perhaps because I was so hot, LOL.

When I put it on clothing...OH wow! It's a lovely, soft, feminine scent bursting with florals (absolutely mimosa) and spice. So for me anyway, body temp will determine it's tops.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by VSM1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Getting this as a decant so I cant wait to have it! I have tried it and it works well with me but doesnt last. I recommend to layer ALL the Grace scents with vanilla lotion. That really softens them! Brings out the baby smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by NJRipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is, by far, my all-time favourite fragrance. It is gentle and pretty but not at all frou-frou.Far from being baby-powder/lotion like as one or two reviewers have suggested, this is grown-up feminine with a gentle violet like scent. No matter what time of day it is, or what mood I am in, Baby Grace fits the bill. It is not a scent for babies, but for women who want to be hugged, snuggled and just comfortable with themselves.
As an extra plus, this is one of the few perfumes I can wear without aggravating my asthma, no matter how troublesome that is proving at the time. I cannot state catergorically that this will not affect anyone else's asthma, but for me it works!
My only criticism is that Philosophy do not stock Baby Grace as much as the other Graces -all of which are lovely ... just not this lovely!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the supersize version of baby grace about a week ago because i work at qvc. ugh. i really need a new scent so i was really hoping i'd like this one. i've read that it doesn't smell like a baby, it just has a light baby powdery kind of scent and it reminds people of like adult baby lotion.

that sounded like exactly what i'd be looking for because i just like to smell clean, so i went ahead and ordered it. even with my 40% off discount, i think i'll be returning this. i thought maybe i got an expired bottle or something until i read the reviews here describing it as cheap soap - because that is EXACTLY what it reminds me of. i'm going to give it a few more days to grow on me, but as of right now i really do not like it.

it also seems to have no staying power, i've only been wearing it for about twenty minutes and i can no longer smell it on myself. when i wear my britney spears or anna sui fragrances, i can still smell remnants after my 8-hour long work day. this is such a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by shrixer78

Oh wow do I love this fragrance! I have been looking to try something different and "fresh" after being so true to CK Euphoria and Marc Jacobs. This hits the mark! I like Pure Grace also, but this is just so soft and delicate. The husband liked it too which is kind of a big deal ;) This will be my signature daytime fragrance for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this light scent. It is very soft and not overwhelming. I don't know why Philosophy does not market this scent as much as Amazing Grace or Pure Grace. I think it's certainly better than Pure Grace and about even with Amazing Grace. I am so stingy with my perfume and lotion because i don't want to run out. They don't make it in jumbo sizes like the other lines.