July 24, 2014 | 1897 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I quite like this primer. It works very well with my mineral powder foundation. When it comes to mineral foundations, I find that the lotion-like primers work the best. When I use this and setting powder, my foundation lasts a long time. Some days I'm out of my home for 12+ hours. I never need to touch-up when I use this.

I find that it doesn't do a whole lot for oil control. However, it doesn't add to the problem. It's nothing that a few blotting papers won't fix.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not do anything for me, exact same results regardless of whether I wear it or not! Did not help control shine at all which is what I want. Also I felt like after applying this my face always looked momentarily red/irritated and I would have to wait several minutes for the redness to go away. Needless to say will not buy again and would not recommend this as a primer to anyone who wants mattifying/shine control or has sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by IamAleks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a bit dissapointed with this product. I have combinated skin and by the end of the day my T-zone got shiny. Besides it broke me out. Because of the packaging couldn't take it with me in my bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by scorpioh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not too impressed with this to be honest. It didn't particularly help my foundation last and it certainly didn't keep my skin looking matte. My foundation/tinted moisturiser got very shiny (perhaps even more so than if I didn't use the primer)!
It didn't break me out as it has some others on here but I don't have sensitive skin...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by hlzapf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample from sephora. It definitely did not mattify. I just used this on my nose, chin, and area beside my nose. I have been breaking out horribly in these areas and I think the primer must be the culprit, ESP. After reading some other reviews. I do have acne prone skin but I have been getting large pimples in areas I normally would not. I am sorry I tried this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Lulabelle13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the sample from Sephora and have tried it a few times. It is a lotion consistency but I find that it goes on very sticky and doesn't spread very well over my sunscreen, nor does it help my foundation glide on better. It also makes my skin sting. I very much prefer both the smashbox primer and the hard candy primer over this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received the sample size from sephora - I'm glad I didn't purchase a full tube. It was ok. Nothing to rave about, it did what it was supposed to do but I wouldn't buy again due to price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

Well, I really want to love this product coz I've seen so many good reviews of it. However, I have to say, it is not for my combination skin, especially in summer time. It may help my makeup sit better right after I apply , but soon it becomes oil and all foundation colors start to fade, and eventually I get shiny forehead in about 2 hours. I think it is probably better for dry/very dry skin type and very fair skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by moni66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation primer breaks me out in a horrible way.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by HellloKitty84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this primer breaks me out like nothing else!!!! I have used it twice and now its gone!!! thank god I did not buy it!!!! I got it as a points perk at sephora!!! horrrrrrrible do not try it if you have acne prone skin or even combo normal/oily