December 22, 2014 | 854 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Louisee217

I do agree with other reviews that this primer does not significantly increase my foundations longevity and it may not provide the best oil control in the world...however, that is not the reason why i love it. I have very sensitive skin and i have trouble finding makeup that does not cause me to break out. I wore the laura mercier primer during an overnight coach journey to Paris, i had crazily decided to wear makeup :/ and it was well over 18 hours before we got to our hotel and i had a chance to take it all off. Normally if i wore makeup for that long i would have broken out like mad, but no, not one single pimple. I'm not saying that it stop break outs or anything, but i do find, for me, it acts as a great barrier between my skin and my makeup and that is my priority when looking for a primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I should had listened to the overall ratings here!!!
This primier did nothing to my makeup.
My foundation did not hold up any better (in fact worse, cos' my face shines after 4 hours or so!).
I still have my nose shining at me with a layer of sebum in 3 hours.
I had to touch up with powder midday (on days that I am not using this, I hardly had to, unless I want to).
I've used it for 1-2 weeks and it's now sitting on my vanity doing nothing.
So disappointed as I had high hopes for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by aimeet1984

I have been using this primer for almost a week and I love it - my skin is silky smooth. I was looking for something none greasy, and the assistant in MAC suggested this as it is water based. When I first felt the consistency I was concerned it would be too 'wet', but it dries to a lovely dewy finish really quickly.
I was using the Bare Minerals Brightening Primer - but I much prefer this (pricey though even with a 10% discount it cost me over £26.)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Lottiedaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My foundation went on nicely after applying this primer, but I just can't get passed the smell :( I will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by simhyungp

I got some sample to try this primer but it did not keep my makeup any longer. I couldn't see any big differences. This primer's price is pretty expensive so I don't recommend buying this. probably better to get some sample instead of wasting your money if you're dying to try out this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by CamiChicken

This did nothing to keep my make-up stay longer, nor controls oil - AT ALL- I'm very disappointed because this was super expensive, and even more for me because I had to order it on line to get it ( I heard good things about this so wanted to try it)

Th consistence is very light and feels light on the face as well, I think is also moisturizing, which may be the reason why it didn't work for me? I have very oily skin.
It didn't make my face looks better, the foundation didn't last longer, I still use it sometimes when I don't need my make-up to last long, just because it's expensive and I'd feel bad throwing this to the trash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I quite like this primer. It works very well with my mineral powder foundation. When it comes to mineral foundations, I find that the lotion-like primers work the best. When I use this and setting powder, my foundation lasts a long time. Some days I'm out of my home for 12+ hours. I never need to touch-up when I use this.

I find that it doesn't do a whole lot for oil control. However, it doesn't add to the problem. It's nothing that a few blotting papers won't fix.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not do anything for me, exact same results regardless of whether I wear it or not! Did not help control shine at all which is what I want. Also I felt like after applying this my face always looked momentarily red/irritated and I would have to wait several minutes for the redness to go away. Needless to say will not buy again and would not recommend this as a primer to anyone who wants mattifying/shine control or has sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by IamAleks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a bit dissapointed with this product. I have combinated skin and by the end of the day my T-zone got shiny. Besides it broke me out. Because of the packaging couldn't take it with me in my bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by scorpioh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not too impressed with this to be honest. It didn't particularly help my foundation last and it certainly didn't keep my skin looking matte. My foundation/tinted moisturiser got very shiny (perhaps even more so than if I didn't use the primer)!
It didn't break me out as it has some others on here but I don't have sensitive skin...