Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 AM

I bought this product along with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer at Sephora for 52 SGD. At first, I do hope that this product could end my journey of searching a really good primer for my complexion, but I was wrong. It did nothing to my skin. It doesn't make my foundation last. It doesn't make my foundation go smoother. It did nothing. Now I'm kinda regret with my purchase.

on 5/19/2013 4:15:00 AM

Urgh! Not at all a good primer for my skin ( dehydrated/dry), nor did it make any difference whatsoever to the staying power of my foundation. The effect I achieved with this primer? Supremely dull, lackluster skin. It made me look older...which really is NOT something I am aiming for. Granted, one could rectify this "dull skin" effect with a myriad of strategic highlighters and shimmer products...but why would one want to???
I like many of LM's products, but this item surely is an overpriced oddity. I gave it 2 lippies for the container - I find tubes easier and more economical to use than pump dispensers yet just as hygienic.

on 5/17/2013 5:56:00 AM

I bought the full sized version of this product on the recommendation of an SA in Space NK and really wish I hadn't wasted my money on it. My issues were twofold, firstly I found that it seemed to make no difference to the appearance or longevity of my foundation and I tried it with 3 different foundations (2 YSL and 1 Chanel)). Secondly, unfortunately it broke me out horribly with half a dozen or more angry red spots popping up within a couple of days of use, after I stopped using it my skin went back to normal so I'm quite sure this was to blame.

on 5/9/2013 1:15:00 AM

This is my favorite primer. I had a deluxe sample, at at first, I hated it. I thought it made my skin feel tacky and full of residue, but after I let it settle, it eventually felt smooth and flawless. This was a great base to any foundation. I don't know if it helped with longevity, but it really helped with the evenness of my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this primer. This does nothing for your skin at all. And the packaging sucks.
Save your money and time, id rather use no primer than put more layer on my skin that doesnt do any good

on 2/13/2013 5:59:00 PM

I do agree with other reviews that this primer does not significantly increase my foundations longevity and it may not provide the best oil control in the world...however, that is not the reason why i love it. I have very sensitive skin and i have trouble finding makeup that does not cause me to break out. I wore the laura mercier primer during an overnight coach journey to Paris, i had crazily decided to wear makeup :/ and it was well over 18 hours before we got to our hotel and i had a chance to take it all off. Normally if i wore makeup for that long i would have broken out like mad, but no, not one single pimple. I'm not saying that it stop break outs or anything, but i do find, for me, it acts as a great barrier between my skin and my makeup and that is my priority when looking for a primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I should had listened to the overall ratings here!!!
This primier did nothing to my makeup.
My foundation did not hold up any better (in fact worse, cos' my face shines after 4 hours or so!).
I still have my nose shining at me with a layer of sebum in 3 hours.
I had to touch up with powder midday (on days that I am not using this, I hardly had to, unless I want to).
I've used it for 1-2 weeks and it's now sitting on my vanity doing nothing.
So disappointed as I had high hopes for this.

on 12/3/2012 5:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this primer for almost a week and I love it - my skin is silky smooth. I was looking for something none greasy, and the assistant in MAC suggested this as it is water based. When I first felt the consistency I was concerned it would be too 'wet', but it dries to a lovely dewy finish really quickly.
I was using the Bare Minerals Brightening Primer - but I much prefer this (pricey though even with a 10% discount it cost me over £26.)

on 10/14/2012 9:05:00 AM

My foundation went on nicely after applying this primer, but I just can't get passed the smell :( I will not buy this again.

on 9/27/2012 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got some sample to try this primer but it did not keep my makeup any longer. I couldn't see any big differences. This primer's price is pretty expensive so I don't recommend buying this. probably better to get some sample instead of wasting your money if you're dying to try out this product.

Popular Primer/ Correctors