April 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very soothing to allergic irritated eyes.Had allergic reaction to make up and had 3 weeks of trying everything before the girl at shoppers recommended this.I am impressed.My eyes feel smoother and more hydrated.I am also going to buy the recovery cream as its good for the eyes also and you get way more product,like 40 ml instead of 10ml like this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is just a simple cream,can t really say what s the difference between the eye cream and their light face cream.It is light, it absorbes well and quickly and that s just about it.
Can t say anything about the anti-puffiness benefit, since my eyes don t "puff".
Smoothes expression lines-well, mine are still in their place , and I have some new ones.not from the cream, of course, but from ageing,smoking, diet and not sleeping enough.After reading some stuff ( on Paula Begoun s site, and paying a little atention about what she said ( eye cream=face cream) I ve decided she was right). So for my eye area , in the night I apply grape oil and, in the morning , before the concelear face cream).
Not sure how to rate this product- probably 3 lippies because is an ok cream.Yet again-no real benefits for my eye area.So, because I ve payed 25 dollars for someting that doesnt really work, I ll make the lippies : 2
Not buying it again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by beautyisskindeep18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A wonderful product that i will continue to buy until a better eye cream comes along.
The thing i love the most about this is that it cause no irritation and does no clog the pores around your eyes giving you milia.
Doesn't do much for bags or wrinkles though (thats why its a lippie down)...i found its purely just good for light hydration aswell as giving you a soothing effect. Would recommend it for the younger audience.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jenniegirl

i bought this eye cream months ago and have been using it since. although its only 10ml it lasts as u only need a bit everyday.
it doesnt really help with my circles, but it hydrates my eye area wonderfully. doesnt cause any millea seeds or whatever else.

in all a good eye cream to hydrate. the packaging is pretty too, looks very professional. i like the light scent that comes with it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by orangeade15

I was looking for something lightweight and non-irritating to use around my eyes and lips and this stuff works great! I would not recommend this for someone looking for a rich, heavy cream or for someone with some serious lineage or wrinkles but for lightweight moisturizing, this stuff is a great choice. No breakouts or greasy residue. Very soothing and scent free. Does not irritate my eyes in any way. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a little bit larger tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye cream because I find that my regular La Roche Posay Hydraphase eye cream is getting a bit expensive. The cosmetician at SDM recommended this cream for me because I had extremely sensitive eyes and was recovering from a bad reaction to Befine eye cream. I am pleased to say that this cream is one of the very few eye creams that does not irritate my eyes. I also find it quite moisturizing and perfect to use under makeup. I took of one lippie because I don't think it does anything for my dark circles and probably not for wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, I need to say that this is not the cream for those with very dry skin or for those who want to get rid of fine lines.
Since I don’t have any lines around eyes yet, I started using it as a prevention. The cream is very light and moisturising. It sinks well into the skin. It also helps with minimizing dark circles – I’ve noticed that I need to use lesser amount of concealer. The general appearance of my under-eye area is also improved.
Another thing I like about this cream is that it doesn’t have any fragrance, so there less probable that it will cause irritations.
This is definitely my HG eye treatment (until I need to find something stronger).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great simple eye cream to provide moisture to the eye area without irritation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by watera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cream, it leaves my eye area feeling very smooth and soft, but that's about it. I currently don't have fine lines nor puffy under eyes so I can't say how this product would help in that area. However during busy weeks when I find the skin around my eyes to be a slightly dark yellowish colour, I can say this cream doesn't really help me out :( I will say I do have sensitive skin and occasional eczema, and so far this cream does not irritate my skin at all! :)

But I will say that I also use this cream as a primer for my MAC eye shadow and it works wonderfully! It makes the colours as vibrate as you see them in the pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by SofiyaKievskaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this eye cream. It’s a light moisturizing product without fragrance and other irritating ingredients. It comes in a tube, which is a very important aspect for an eye cream. This product is better then my previous eye cream - “Rectifiance Intense Eye” by Chanel. I liked this Chanel product at first but after some months of use my eyes began to itch and I realized that microbes breeded in its jar probably. What an annoyance considering Chanel is such an expensive brand! What’s more, Avene eye cream moisturizes even better than Chanel.
I take off one lippy because in this in general very good cream there are no new cell stimulating ingredients (such as retinyl palmitate, for example).