October 31, 2014 | 1182 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

I sometimes get flaky eyelids and this stuff really helps. I might be remembering it wrong but I thought the woman at Shoppers told me to use this only on eyelids?? I am probably wrong, its very gentle and does the trick when ever i have any dryness.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As I use a retinoid at night, I am not looking for antiaging benefits and I find that this is a very soothing, light moisturising cream for warm weather or if the skin around my eyes is irritated or puffy - handy for travelling, especially as the tube is small. I also have the Bioderma cream for sensitive eyes, which I slightly prefer for everyday, but the Avene is more healing if I have any dermatitus issues. However, I do feel that my undereye area needs something a little richer and for this I like the Skin Recovery cream in the rich version which has Shea butter as one of the ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just found out this cream contains mineral oils (paraffinum liquidum) and I could probably already stop right here. It is completely beyond me how this fact escaped my notice. I'm usually quite, sorry, anal about ingredients. But with Avéne I didn't even *consider* it a possibility that they could use mineral oils in their skin care. But they do. After realizing this just yesterday, I will buy myself another eye cream today and throw this one away. I had used it for about a month with moderate results, I'd say. Not that it reduced any of the puffiness or fine lines, but my skin felt hydrated and wasn't irritated. Sometimes that seems enough, I figure. So this gets one lippie for that. I would also like to mention that I checked the ingredients for other Avéne products and was shocked to find mineral oils in quite a lot of them. I like Avéne for their thermal water and sun screen and I will keep buying creams but only ones without mineral oil, I'll make sure of that. This eye cream, however, I will definitely not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Quite simply the best eye cream I have ever used at all price points. Can be used with eye makeup application and have no residue. My eyes beg for this as I try to use up other eye creams. No irritation, no stinging...just firmer hydrated skin. Thank you gingeramma for reccomending. You are da bomb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very soothing to allergic irritated eyes.Had allergic reaction to make up and had 3 weeks of trying everything before the girl at shoppers recommended this.I am impressed.My eyes feel smoother and more hydrated.I am also going to buy the recovery cream as its good for the eyes also and you get way more product,like 40 ml instead of 10ml like this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is just a simple cream,can t really say what s the difference between the eye cream and their light face cream.It is light, it absorbes well and quickly and that s just about it.
Can t say anything about the anti-puffiness benefit, since my eyes don t "puff".
Smoothes expression lines-well, mine are still in their place , and I have some new ones.not from the cream, of course, but from ageing,smoking, diet and not sleeping enough.After reading some stuff ( on Paula Begoun s site, and paying a little atention about what she said ( eye cream=face cream) I ve decided she was right). So for my eye area , in the night I apply grape oil and, in the morning , before the concelear face cream).
Not sure how to rate this product- probably 3 lippies because is an ok cream.Yet again-no real benefits for my eye area.So, because I ve payed 25 dollars for someting that doesnt really work, I ll make the lippies : 2
Not buying it again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by beautyisskindeep18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A wonderful product that i will continue to buy until a better eye cream comes along.
The thing i love the most about this is that it cause no irritation and does no clog the pores around your eyes giving you milia.
Doesn't do much for bags or wrinkles though (thats why its a lippie down)...i found its purely just good for light hydration aswell as giving you a soothing effect. Would recommend it for the younger audience.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jenniegirl

i bought this eye cream months ago and have been using it since. although its only 10ml it lasts as u only need a bit everyday.
it doesnt really help with my circles, but it hydrates my eye area wonderfully. doesnt cause any millea seeds or whatever else.

in all a good eye cream to hydrate. the packaging is pretty too, looks very professional. i like the light scent that comes with it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by orangeade15

I was looking for something lightweight and non-irritating to use around my eyes and lips and this stuff works great! I would not recommend this for someone looking for a rich, heavy cream or for someone with some serious lineage or wrinkles but for lightweight moisturizing, this stuff is a great choice. No breakouts or greasy residue. Very soothing and scent free. Does not irritate my eyes in any way. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a little bit larger tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye cream because I find that my regular La Roche Posay Hydraphase eye cream is getting a bit expensive. The cosmetician at SDM recommended this cream for me because I had extremely sensitive eyes and was recovering from a bad reaction to Befine eye cream. I am pleased to say that this cream is one of the very few eye creams that does not irritate my eyes. I also find it quite moisturizing and perfect to use under makeup. I took of one lippie because I don't think it does anything for my dark circles and probably not for wrinkles.