July 30, 2014 | 2073 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure if this does anything yet because i did not like using it due to the spray nozzle. Instead of a fine mist like caudalie's Beauty Elixir and even muji's empty spray bottles are good. This spritzs a horendous sprays and my face is drenched. I brace myself and squint my eyes everytime i use it. I guess alternatively i can spray it on a cotton pad for application.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this oner. It is so much more gentle than a lot of other "acne" toners. It has really helped my skin d feels refreshing when sprayed. I have had my large bottle about 7-8 months and use it daily, so I feel its a good value.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by peachclinch

I've used a few Lush products in the past, and an employee suggested this tea tree toner spray because I was complaining about my combination/acne prone skin and was about to move to a tropical/humid area (usually turns my skin into a greasepit). It's very light the tea tree smell isn't overpowering and refreshing in the spray bottle. I would just close my eyes and spray all over my face after washing and let it soak in. On top of combination/acne prone, my skin is also rather sensitive and after using this product for a few weeks, I noticed that my skin was less red and irritable and more manageable. Because I live in the tropics, I put this in the refrigerator and was very refreshing as a chilly spritz. I felt my bottle was used very quickly, spraying it once or twice a day, I think I emptied the bottle in about 2 months. My only gripe is the price, while a good product, I feel like it's overpriced. I'm going to experiment in replicating this myself before buying another bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After purchasing several Lush products and loving everything I bought, I decided to add a toner to my routine, and thought this one should fit perfectly. After using it the first day I started itching and breaking out. Nothing else in my routine had changed, but I decided to give it another chance to make sure. I gave it two more days but I just kept breaking out and getting itchier with some random hives on my face. As soon as I stopped using this toner, my skin cleared up and stopped itching and everything has gone away again!

So this is the only Lush product I have had any problem with so far. I liked the smell of the toner, and I tried applying it by spraying and also with a cotton pad. I still had the same problems with breakouts, itching and hives and I think I have a sensitivity to tea tree oil. Anyways I returned this and ended up purchasing some more Herbalism cleanser and decided I will just skip the toner. I've done without toner for years because it has never worked for me - so I will continue to do so now!

For the people commenting on "wasting" their money on these products - Lush will allow you to return your products with a receipt, OR if you do not have a receipt you can exchange for something else in the store.
Of course if you get a good SA, they will let you have a sample before you buy certain products as well which might help with this! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A few weeks ago, I went through a bit of a Lush binge. While on one of my trips to this store, a sales person recommended the Tea Tree Water (TTW) toner water. According to the bottle, "antibacterial tea tree, astringent grapefruit and balancing juniper berry keep disasters at bay". Meaning that it is meant to help fight against acne.

Well, I don't know what happened, but this product cause me to get major acne breakouts. How do I know it was this product and not something else? Because in the time I had used this my skincare routine stayed the same, as did my diet, etc. This was the only new element to my routine. I used this product consistently for about two weeks, to make sure it was the problem, and then I had enough. As soon as I stopped using this product, my acne began clearing and there were no new breakouts.

Aside from the obvious reason why I do not like this product, there are a few other things I dislike as well. One thing I dislike is the smell of this product. While it smells exactly as the name describes, tea tree, it is really strong and lingers on my skin. Furthermore, the packaging of this product comes in a spray bottle, but instead of getting a nice misting of product from the bottle, it feels more like raindrops on my face.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is a product I can go without and not lose any sleep over it. Losing $15 in the process however = no fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Spanish2166

I love love love this product! I used it along with 9 tp 5 cleanser it did wonders for my skin. I had a couple breakouts on my cheek area i woke up today with them reduced by about 50% ! Thats amazing !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

I have actually pretty good skin, but I struggle with breakouts alot. I don't have acne, but I tend to always have one or two little zits or something. I bought this, because I though it would be great.

I haven't tried it a lot of times, because everytime I've tried it. I'd woke up with a new zit.
I might think that it's because of the product, because normally i don't get them so quick and more at a time.

I also don't like the packagain. I have a thing for spray-things. I really don't like them, and especially not on my face. I have a small face, so I feel like it goes everywhere. Also my hair, and I don't want that. Also, I don't want it all over my face, because I only break out in my t-zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Amyrebecca

I like the feel when applied to skin but i feel like it did nothing for my skin. This product is really refreshing and feels fresh but didn't really see the point of it. Will not be purchasing again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a non-essential, luxury LUSH product. I have bought it twice now and I really enjoy using it. It's gentler than my usual witch-hazel toner (smells better too). It is very refreshing to spray directly onto your face. It does what any decent toner should do, I wouldn't say it's better or worse than most others I've tried. The packaging is fantastic, the nozzle produces a large, soft spray.

I wouldn't buy this product if I were looking to keep a budget, there are other options that work just as well. But if you have oily/red skin and are looking to treat yourself, this is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I've been using this with 9 to 5 and ultra band. The smell is light and fresh and not over powering or irritating to the skin. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with an oily t zone. With using this with 9-5 my skin is left feeling clean soft and a little tight. And I definitely have to use lotion. When used with ultra bland I don't think it gets everything so my fAce feels clean but still kinda oily. It's also really good for a quick sprits half way thru the day for some oil control. This and 9-5 are my hg for lazy nights I don't wanna splash water on my face.