September 3, 2014 | 1512 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Why, when & why I use it
Despite it is a spray rather then a pour style toner it does a good job. Whenever I have to spray my face i have to brace myself before. I use it in conjunction with my Clinique 3step toner. While i keep the Clinique toner in my bathroom, the TTW I keep on my study table. My skin gets pretty oily very fast so i like to refresh my face (while I study at home) with it. It desinfects and keeps oil at bay very good (which is why i would and will repurchase it).

Ritual
I wash my face, towel dry it, use a toner if i feel my face needs extra cleaning (an other than the ttw, using with cotton pad) use a face n eyecream.
If i plan on studying, after a hour or so i spray my face (i dislike the fact i spray my eyeparts too but its complicated to put sth on that area while spraying). My face stays fresh and clean and matte for a long long time.

- keeps oil at bay (huge plus!)
- expensive (100 g $9)
- would not spray over make up
- would repurchase because i get a non oily, fresh, clean skin for a long period
- good for using it as often as you want
- i use 4-6 sprays per use because a lot of it goes around and not on your face (close your eyes, take a deep breath, brace yourself, spray, survive the wetness), but you don't need it as much as i spray it

One 100 g bottle lasted me 3 weeks and I have 1/3 left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jess1cagraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely amazing! I have oily/acne prone skin, and this in conjunction with Grease Lightening, has cleared up all active pimples I had. Lush, never stop selling this! A definite holy grail item for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jenabeall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pricy, but I've been using this toner for over a year now and I'll never stop. It helps keep my oil at bay all day and it seems to make my foundation stay nice and set all day! Try this product. It won't disappoint if you suffer from oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by calpal15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just started using this product, and I'm not sure if this is what is breaking me out or if it's something else! I might have to go back to my old routine and just incorporate the tea tree water - I'm going to test it out again so hopefully it works out! Feels great after a shower or face mask but after a day of wearing makeup I want a stronger toner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure if this does anything yet because i did not like using it due to the spray nozzle. Instead of a fine mist like caudalie's Beauty Elixir and even muji's empty spray bottles are good. This spritzs a horendous sprays and my face is drenched. I brace myself and squint my eyes everytime i use it. I guess alternatively i can spray it on a cotton pad for application.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this oner. It is so much more gentle than a lot of other "acne" toners. It has really helped my skin d feels refreshing when sprayed. I have had my large bottle about 7-8 months and use it daily, so I feel its a good value.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by peachclinch

I've used a few Lush products in the past, and an employee suggested this tea tree toner spray because I was complaining about my combination/acne prone skin and was about to move to a tropical/humid area (usually turns my skin into a greasepit). It's very light the tea tree smell isn't overpowering and refreshing in the spray bottle. I would just close my eyes and spray all over my face after washing and let it soak in. On top of combination/acne prone, my skin is also rather sensitive and after using this product for a few weeks, I noticed that my skin was less red and irritable and more manageable. Because I live in the tropics, I put this in the refrigerator and was very refreshing as a chilly spritz. I felt my bottle was used very quickly, spraying it once or twice a day, I think I emptied the bottle in about 2 months. My only gripe is the price, while a good product, I feel like it's overpriced. I'm going to experiment in replicating this myself before buying another bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After purchasing several Lush products and loving everything I bought, I decided to add a toner to my routine, and thought this one should fit perfectly. After using it the first day I started itching and breaking out. Nothing else in my routine had changed, but I decided to give it another chance to make sure. I gave it two more days but I just kept breaking out and getting itchier with some random hives on my face. As soon as I stopped using this toner, my skin cleared up and stopped itching and everything has gone away again!

So this is the only Lush product I have had any problem with so far. I liked the smell of the toner, and I tried applying it by spraying and also with a cotton pad. I still had the same problems with breakouts, itching and hives and I think I have a sensitivity to tea tree oil. Anyways I returned this and ended up purchasing some more Herbalism cleanser and decided I will just skip the toner. I've done without toner for years because it has never worked for me - so I will continue to do so now!

For the people commenting on "wasting" their money on these products - Lush will allow you to return your products with a receipt, OR if you do not have a receipt you can exchange for something else in the store.
Of course if you get a good SA, they will let you have a sample before you buy certain products as well which might help with this! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A few weeks ago, I went through a bit of a Lush binge. While on one of my trips to this store, a sales person recommended the Tea Tree Water (TTW) toner water. According to the bottle, "antibacterial tea tree, astringent grapefruit and balancing juniper berry keep disasters at bay". Meaning that it is meant to help fight against acne.

Well, I don't know what happened, but this product cause me to get major acne breakouts. How do I know it was this product and not something else? Because in the time I had used this my skincare routine stayed the same, as did my diet, etc. This was the only new element to my routine. I used this product consistently for about two weeks, to make sure it was the problem, and then I had enough. As soon as I stopped using this product, my acne began clearing and there were no new breakouts.

Aside from the obvious reason why I do not like this product, there are a few other things I dislike as well. One thing I dislike is the smell of this product. While it smells exactly as the name describes, tea tree, it is really strong and lingers on my skin. Furthermore, the packaging of this product comes in a spray bottle, but instead of getting a nice misting of product from the bottle, it feels more like raindrops on my face.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is a product I can go without and not lose any sleep over it. Losing $15 in the process however = no fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Spanish2166

I love love love this product! I used it along with 9 tp 5 cleanser it did wonders for my skin. I had a couple breakouts on my cheek area i woke up today with them reduced by about 50% ! Thats amazing !