October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loove this foundation so much! It was a godsend for me. I usually have pretty clear skin except for the occasional small blemish or redness so all I need to make my skin look reaaallly clear is a bit of powder. However, after a brief flirtation with the MAC tinted moisturizer, I emerged with cystic acne and inflamed, enraged skin and my usual powders couldn't cover up the mess. I desperation, I went to the Saks Fifth Avenue counter and asked for a gentle foundation that would cover everything up without breaking me out more. I usually avoid liquid foundations because I don't really need it and I hate the heavy feeling it gives my skin. I've tried so many and hated all of them and extended use would always break me out and look unnatural. I had vowed never to wear liquid foundation again but I was very desperate at this point for extra coverage. The SA applied this foundation to my skin and I haven't look back since. I was ashamed the be seen in public because of my skin but it did an amazing job of covering everything up and making my skin texture so much smoother. Of course, it couldn't cover up the large bumps as no foundation can but it felt lovely on my skin and made my skin lovely :) I used this during the entire few weeks of my skin clearing up from that horrible run in and it has honestly been so gentle and kind to my skin while making me look so naturally beautiful. This is not a heavy duty foundation. It will just gently blur imperfections and make you look like a beautiful, goddess like version of yourself. Now, I only use this bottle for special occasion when I am going to be under the camera or when my skin is having an "off" day. I always get compliments on how beautiful and porcelain my skin looks when I wear this. It makes you look lovely, luminescent, and matte all at the same time off and on the camera. Photos are very blunt and yet all I see is perfect, clear skin when I have this on before taking pictures. It lasts all day on your skin through sweating, crying, and being out in the hot sun. I love love love it. I cannot stress how amazing this is. I used to wear a lot of liquid foundations (all high end) and hated all of them, even the very famous ones and this is the most amazing one that I have ever used. This product has since turned me onto other Sisley products. I would completely recommend this product if you are willing to spend 100 + for it. However, if you aren't a daily user of liquid foundation like me it'd be a good investment for special occasions since the bottle lasts a veery long time. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by dylan3264

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say that I have been searching for that 1 foundation....this is it....I am asian,med tan,&the color match is perfect for me...I also purchased the loose powder &honestly I dont need it cause after applying my foundation,it looked AMAZING!!!!! Went out sat,night&the complements were overwhelming....LOL...my own husband thought I had gotten treatments done....looked natural,blended well...I felt &looked RADIENT!!! Though it is pricey but very well worth the money!!!! I have very dry,sensetive skin...works great w/my skin....LOVE IT ,will definitly repurchase again....=)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by andal

It's great, the best foundation I have ever had. Looks absolutely natural, controls oil as well. Pleasant smell. Photoshop in the bottle!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by rumbler282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still looking for my HG foundation and have normal/combination skin. I decided to try the Sisley foundation in (soft beige) despite the hefty price tag due to good reviews. Application-wise it goes on smoothly and feels lovely - I don't mind the slight smell that goes on with it. However, it clings to every single minor flake (in the cold weather) and just looks patchy. I have relatively good skin so am after light-medium coverage only, but it doesn't even do that very well. It's buildable but the more you apply, the more made up you look. The pump dispenser and packaging are great though! Not worth the money - I'll keep looking for my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by abcabcabc

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this foundation in 1 early last year. I have been using it on quite some frequent basis and there is still half left in the bottle. I may try shade 0 next time since 1 looks very natural on me, and I may want a lighter one to bringten up the look.

But over all, the coverage is medium, not heavy makeup whatsoever. And it works very well with most of my moisturizers, which lots of other foundation cannot do. And the texture is smooth, very easy to spread and apply. With high humidity in the city that I live, this foundation lasts quite long which is amazing. So it's very good foundation, well worth every penny of it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by skyeyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. Covers my spots, scars and evens my skin tone really REALLY well. Doesn't flake up or seep into pores/lines. It lasts for ages on my skin and doesn't look shiny, although I do set my foundation with a little loose powder which helps. Deceptively good coverage, which was unexpected as it's quite a thin consistency. The 01 Ivory is my shade, which matches my skin so well I can wear it on parts of my face and you really can't tell. The price is ridiculously high though, so I've marked it down a star.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by minicoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

amazing foundation.

sriously, there's no words to describe how amazing it makes my skin look and it is VERY natural. i have extremely critical when it comes to foundations and even very natural ones look very fake to me. ive used SKII airtouch, MUFE face and body, Clarins Everlasting Foundation, MUFE Mat+, Laneige Dual Crystal and even though some were more natural than others i eventually got sick of all of them one by one. they sit awkwardly on my skin and look so obvious that i'm weaking makeup without even covering it evenly. this foundation looks like my skin, and makes my complexion look SO EVEN.

AND IT STAYS ON ALL DAY. you dont know how amazing this is. even clarins everlasting foundation comes off in like 6 hours on me.

HG. will never stop buying - i dont care about the price. it's simply amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes, it's very light-weighted and comfortable on the skin as if you have worn nothing, BUT it does not last, in spring and summer, it melts and runs down from my face along the sweat like a halfly dry watercolour painting soaked in water! I don't ask for high coverage in liquid foundation but this coverage is unreasonably poor. No different than Sisley tinted moisturizer. I have given the full bottle away to my baby sis.

Update: Sept 6th 2010

My sister is in Canada, it's dry in summer, you do not get sweaty there unless you deliberately go out and exercise. She has been using this foundation and feels great with the result and lasting effect. My conclusion is, this product is probably good to use when you live in countries that isn't so humid. Sisley might have made a wrong move on marketing this product in Asia, they might want to formulate a different version to cater to Asian market. Yes, it's hot and humid here from May to November. Add 1 lippy to 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by amritaanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation did not irritate my super sensitive skin, and I really liked the color match- 0 was yellow very yellow toned but actually helped neutralize any redness and complemented my neutral to slightly warm tone PPP skin. However, the formula was very dry and no matter how I applied it made my skin look super flaky. I do have dry skin and can be a little flaky, but I feel like this invented flakes that I didn't even know where there. The smell is a little medicinal, but it didn't really bother me. I am going to stick with Chantecaille future skin, my old standby.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pro: feels like you are not wearing any foundation!! goes on sheer. has a nice scent to it, doesnt smell like toxic/chemical or like foundation. buildable coverage.but still on the very sheer side, if you're looking to cover scars and stuff, this might not be the one.

Con: super pricy. bad color choice!! theyre all too pink for me. and all yellow tones are too lightt shaded.

I use 1+ and have to mix it with #4, cannot use 2 as it is too pink on my olive skintone. Because everytime i have to buy 2 bottles to mix, it ends up costing soooo much at once and its a hassle to get the right amount of #1+ and right amount of #4. If I did not have to mix, i would continue buying despite the high price but because of the High price AND the mixing....i gave up. also, i figured if i have hyperpigmentation, it wouldnt cover it as it is quite a sheer foundation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No