November 28, 2014 | 1460 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by splatternatum

I have to say that I have enjoyed this product. What I like about it is that its a light coverage to go over liquid foundation. My skin tends to oil up during the day and I have been impressed at how the select sheer allows for me to keep a glowing look from my liquid foundation, while keeping the oil under check! I have found the best way to apply it is by using a kabuki brush and buffing it in all over. While I like it, I probably will not be purchasing this again because it can tend to settle into fine lines and the colour isn't the best, despite being matched to my skin. I will continue to look for other powders!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by CydneyN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought this product around two years ago; it was my first MAC product.

My shade is NC40, and it is PERFECT. It blends beautifully, its very finely ground and smooth.

I apply it with a large Sonia Kashuk powder brush in circular motions all over my face for matte coverage, or just lightly over my T-Zone for a dewy finish.

I can't recall the price, I believe its around $22, and very worth it.

The only problem with this product is that it has rather large sifting holes, so too much product comes out when you tap the top or when you shake it.

This can easily be fixed by leaving the sticker on top of the premade holes, and taking a safety pin to punch new, smaller, more precise holes, and viola! Perfect!

I definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by chezz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I use NC20 foundation, but for powder, I am using NC15. I use it to set my foundation and it really makes my face looks natural and pores smaller. In winter, I only apply it on my Tzones area. If I apply to my cheeks, it will show up the dryness of my skin and looks flaky. I would say it is great for combo to oily skin types. A little goes a long way. For natural look, use it with a powder brush. For a more flawless look, use it with a powder puff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ladyhana

I really want to love this product but i can't. At first i'm not sure what causes my skin to break out because i've been using a lot of new products and then i try to use my old foundation and use this to set it and boom i know the culprit. This product causes my skin to break out. i will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

i have fine lines at the under-eye, and this powder cakes a lot around that area. made the fines lines look even more obvious. will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This was my first experience with a loose powder, It got me moving in the right direction, but as per typical of MACs face products my skin wanted nothing to do with it; it gave my oily skin odd flaky dry patches, and didnt stay matte on my nose.
It wasnt repulsive like their Studio Fix foundation, or any of thier primers, but, it was still pretty low quality in my mind and I mighthave done better powdering myself with Flour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in NC40 yesterday and tried it on this morning with just concealer. I love it! It doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup. It's so light and natural! Within the day, I put it on to set my foundation. It made me look flawless! Love this loose powder. It's the exact color match for my skin. And you get a lot of product, so this will last me a while. =) I'm very happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by sarahharb

I forgot I even had this til this morning when I cleaned out my bathroom cabinet and it was way in the back. i bought nc15 even though i am an nc20-25. it goes on nice and sheer...not overly powdery. color is good for me too...will have to buy it much darker for summer though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by bellalinda1805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that this product does control my oil through out the day. I don't blot like I used too, and sometimes I don't need to blot at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by alyssajacqueline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I really needed a nice setting powder for my foundation. I used drugstore brands prior to this, but then decided that i would need a good quality product. This powder is definitely great!
The reason why I gave it only 4 stars is due to the fact that it made me break out. I have acne-prone skin, and it really gave me some pimples!
Overall, though, it really is a great product!