October 30, 2014 | 1736 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by aseabeesprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the J C Penny sephora store just to see how it worked. I got a peachy shimmer tone I am not sure of the exact color, but it looked really pretty so I thought why not..... boy that was a mistake. I got home tired it out and it had no pigment what so ever. It felt like I was digging into the pot everytime, I used it finally I just gave up with it and threw it in the bottom of my train case. It is to high and I think I would got a better pigment by buying a cheap brand then this cause thats about it all it was. Just crap would never buy again and the same why with the blush....

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by LolaPS

I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BUY SEPHORA EYESHADOW AGAIN. What a terrible waste of money. Their eye shadows are extremely irritating to the eye, most especially for contact lens wearers. I also notice that there is a slight odor/perfume in the eyeshadow, which I personally don't like. Bottom Line: HORRIBLE eyeshadow that needs to be ophthalmologist tested.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by yeahokay

I went into a Sephora store and eyed up the shimmery black mono one(It looked so pretty in the packaging, reminded me of fresh pavement!), and applied from the sample one they had out (phew!), and thank goodness I got to try before I buy on this product.

The sample one they had out was new, hadnt been dug into yet. The first thing I noticed was that most of the glitter was only on top of the shadow, and as soon as I swiped some up with a brush, there was just basically matte black shadow underneath(trickery, much?).

I can confidently say that I am very good at applying makeup, and went ahead and applied some to my lids. It looked okay for about a half an hour (went walking around the mall for other stuff), and I was not happy when I got the chance to look into a mirror again. It hadnt even been an hour and the shadow was already wearing off and settling into the creases of my eyelids. Gross. And to think I was about to pay like $25 for that little eyeshadow compact.

Maybe with a primer, it might stay better. I am not going to knock Sephora totally because I do have kind of oily skin, but I have yet to buy anything from that store because of that. I'm sure they have other good products, but for the price I would expect way better and dont want to risk it. My drugstore brands are working better for me, so I'll stick with them.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a green one. It looks great in the box, but not on my eyes.I think the pigment is really bad. After I apply it on my eyelid, I can t see color , but glitters all over my face, which, lol, are very adherent ..2nd ( and last) time I used it, I spent the day trying to remove the glitter off my cheeks. The texture is chalky, loose and it s hard to build up a decent coverage.
Definetly not worth 12 dollars. Could get way better for that!
Such a pity I cant get a refund!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

For a little more money I could have bought a higher end brand ...this eyeshadow was messy toooo glitery and left a mess under my eyes...not worth the money but at least you can full refund at sephora!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by dolphinacia

This is really great eyeshadow. I bought a compact of 30 eyeshadows for $22 on their website and I am very happy with the purchase. The shadows are very pigmented, so you only need a little bit and they show up very well. Easy to blend and overall pretty awesome. I would definitely buy these again.

One bad thing, the applicator that it came with is a cheap piece of crap. Don't bother using it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in petal; it's not frosty, but luminescent. It's a light, pinky beige that works great as a base coat and brow highlighter. It wears well and doesn't crease. I like the flip top packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Probably the worst eyeshadow I have ever had. This is the 2nd Sephora eyshadow quad I have bought and I am done. For the price, there's hardly any pigment. You have to put on so much that it is just ridiculous. Honestly, every drug store brand I have is way better than this. I like other Sephora products but I will not be using any more of this stuff. Waste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the bronzey gold quad and whilst the colours are pigmented and stayed put on my oily lids, I find the bronze too orangey on my lids, as I found out that I cant do too much orange as it makes my eyes look too puffy.
The colours are blendable but the applicator included wasnt as good as the ones from maybe Kate or Lashcva (sp?), so best use your won brushes.
Another limitation to the quad is that cos the eyeshadow pan is so slim, its so difficult to get my brush to grab the eyeshadow.
If I get the chance to go to a Sephora, I will definately get myself other eyeshadows in colours that suit me

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, I was expecting a whole lot more from this eyeshadow. I received the Colorful Eye Shadow Palette in Camel Leon 12, which consists of a deep olive green with gold glitter, golden olive, golden tan, and a shimmery pink. First off, both the golden olive and golden tan just come off as golden on my eyes...there is very little difference in color. One has an oliver greenish tint, and the other is just gold. The shadows also aren't very pigmented, as I have to layer on the colors quite a bit. Finally, the shadows are quite hard, as I have to scrape my brush over the shadows repeatedly just to get any color. I just started using these with a base, however, and was much more impressed with the color payoff. The shadows finally showed their true colors with the base. And for what it's worth, they did look quite pretty. For the price of these shadows, though, I don't think you should have to wear a base underneath. Anyways, the Camel Leon palette comes off as fairly neutral on me.

Quality: Not even the darkest shadow, the deep olive green, comes off as very deep on my eyes. The shadows are, however, easy to blend and have good staying power; unfortunately, after several months, the shadows have become hard and more difficult to pack on the brush.

Packaging: It holds up well, and I haven't noticed much wear and tear. However, I dislike the rows of eyeshadow. Since they're so thin, it's harder for me to swipe my brushes in them. It would have been better to package each shadow more evenly, so that each shadow would have bigger dimensions. The tiny sponge applicator is cheap, scratchy, and unusable. I only use it when I need to apply the crease color, since my other brushes barely pick up the color.