January 28, 2015 | 1883 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by julie778

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing pearl no. 08. I haven't found anything else that compares as an every day eye shadow. I have undereye circles and deep set eyes so my number one eye makeup goal is to look more awake. If I wear anything to dark or even do much eyeliner, my eyes disappear. I look best with just one color allover the lid that is pale and a little shimmery. This gives the lid a nice sheen but isn't glittery at all. I find that most shadows are either matte or make you look like you're covered in pixie dust. This brings out my blue eye color and makes me look more awake. I put a tiny bit in the inside corners of my eyes and lower lid corners which I think makes my eyes look bigger too. Perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by runawaytrees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was fairly disappointed with this. I bought it in "Picnic in the Park No. 44". It's a shimmery green colour, and I was hoping to use it more for an eyeliner on the bottom. At the Sephora where I went (Newmarket, Ontario), I was told that with Too-Faced Shadow Insurance it would go on much more saturated and bright, and so I bought it for about $16 CDN. In all fairness it DOES go on better with the SI, but I'm not wanting to use SI every single day as it cost me quite a bit and I don't want to waste it.

The colour is VERY sheer, when I do a swatch on my skin it barely shows, and I would only wear this colour at nighttime, so I don't use it much. It's good to have, just for emergencies and having a range of colours at my disposal.

I give a 4 to the packaging because it looks quite nice, it's a smooth shape with the Sephora logo embossed onto the powder inside. The top is clear plastic for ease of colour selection.

I wouldn't buy this again, if you're looking for bright colours, I suggest HIP by L'Oreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by aseabeesprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the J C Penny sephora store just to see how it worked. I got a peachy shimmer tone I am not sure of the exact color, but it looked really pretty so I thought why not..... boy that was a mistake. I got home tired it out and it had no pigment what so ever. It felt like I was digging into the pot everytime, I used it finally I just gave up with it and threw it in the bottom of my train case. It is to high and I think I would got a better pigment by buying a cheap brand then this cause thats about it all it was. Just crap would never buy again and the same why with the blush....

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by LolaPS

I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BUY SEPHORA EYESHADOW AGAIN. What a terrible waste of money. Their eye shadows are extremely irritating to the eye, most especially for contact lens wearers. I also notice that there is a slight odor/perfume in the eyeshadow, which I personally don't like. Bottom Line: HORRIBLE eyeshadow that needs to be ophthalmologist tested.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by yeahokay

I went into a Sephora store and eyed up the shimmery black mono one(It looked so pretty in the packaging, reminded me of fresh pavement!), and applied from the sample one they had out (phew!), and thank goodness I got to try before I buy on this product.

The sample one they had out was new, hadnt been dug into yet. The first thing I noticed was that most of the glitter was only on top of the shadow, and as soon as I swiped some up with a brush, there was just basically matte black shadow underneath(trickery, much?).

I can confidently say that I am very good at applying makeup, and went ahead and applied some to my lids. It looked okay for about a half an hour (went walking around the mall for other stuff), and I was not happy when I got the chance to look into a mirror again. It hadnt even been an hour and the shadow was already wearing off and settling into the creases of my eyelids. Gross. And to think I was about to pay like $25 for that little eyeshadow compact.

Maybe with a primer, it might stay better. I am not going to knock Sephora totally because I do have kind of oily skin, but I have yet to buy anything from that store because of that. I'm sure they have other good products, but for the price I would expect way better and dont want to risk it. My drugstore brands are working better for me, so I'll stick with them.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a green one. It looks great in the box, but not on my eyes.I think the pigment is really bad. After I apply it on my eyelid, I can t see color , but glitters all over my face, which, lol, are very adherent ..2nd ( and last) time I used it, I spent the day trying to remove the glitter off my cheeks. The texture is chalky, loose and it s hard to build up a decent coverage.
Definetly not worth 12 dollars. Could get way better for that!
Such a pity I cant get a refund!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

For a little more money I could have bought a higher end brand ...this eyeshadow was messy toooo glitery and left a mess under my eyes...not worth the money but at least you can full refund at sephora!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by dolphinacia

This is really great eyeshadow. I bought a compact of 30 eyeshadows for $22 on their website and I am very happy with the purchase. The shadows are very pigmented, so you only need a little bit and they show up very well. Easy to blend and overall pretty awesome. I would definitely buy these again.

One bad thing, the applicator that it came with is a cheap piece of crap. Don't bother using it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in petal; it's not frosty, but luminescent. It's a light, pinky beige that works great as a base coat and brow highlighter. It wears well and doesn't crease. I like the flip top packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Probably the worst eyeshadow I have ever had. This is the 2nd Sephora eyshadow quad I have bought and I am done. For the price, there's hardly any pigment. You have to put on so much that it is just ridiculous. Honestly, every drug store brand I have is way better than this. I like other Sephora products but I will not be using any more of this stuff. Waste!