April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by yeahokay

I went into a Sephora store and eyed up the shimmery black mono one(It looked so pretty in the packaging, reminded me of fresh pavement!), and applied from the sample one they had out (phew!), and thank goodness I got to try before I buy on this product.

The sample one they had out was new, hadnt been dug into yet. The first thing I noticed was that most of the glitter was only on top of the shadow, and as soon as I swiped some up with a brush, there was just basically matte black shadow underneath(trickery, much?).

I can confidently say that I am very good at applying makeup, and went ahead and applied some to my lids. It looked okay for about a half an hour (went walking around the mall for other stuff), and I was not happy when I got the chance to look into a mirror again. It hadnt even been an hour and the shadow was already wearing off and settling into the creases of my eyelids. Gross. And to think I was about to pay like $25 for that little eyeshadow compact.

Maybe with a primer, it might stay better. I am not going to knock Sephora totally because I do have kind of oily skin, but I have yet to buy anything from that store because of that. I'm sure they have other good products, but for the price I would expect way better and dont want to risk it. My drugstore brands are working better for me, so I'll stick with them.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a green one. It looks great in the box, but not on my eyes.I think the pigment is really bad. After I apply it on my eyelid, I can t see color , but glitters all over my face, which, lol, are very adherent ..2nd ( and last) time I used it, I spent the day trying to remove the glitter off my cheeks. The texture is chalky, loose and it s hard to build up a decent coverage.
Definetly not worth 12 dollars. Could get way better for that!
Such a pity I cant get a refund!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

For a little more money I could have bought a higher end brand ...this eyeshadow was messy toooo glitery and left a mess under my eyes...not worth the money but at least you can full refund at sephora!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by dolphinacia

This is really great eyeshadow. I bought a compact of 30 eyeshadows for $22 on their website and I am very happy with the purchase. The shadows are very pigmented, so you only need a little bit and they show up very well. Easy to blend and overall pretty awesome. I would definitely buy these again.

One bad thing, the applicator that it came with is a cheap piece of crap. Don't bother using it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in petal; it's not frosty, but luminescent. It's a light, pinky beige that works great as a base coat and brow highlighter. It wears well and doesn't crease. I like the flip top packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by annie711pm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Probably the worst eyeshadow I have ever had. This is the 2nd Sephora eyshadow quad I have bought and I am done. For the price, there's hardly any pigment. You have to put on so much that it is just ridiculous. Honestly, every drug store brand I have is way better than this. I like other Sephora products but I will not be using any more of this stuff. Waste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the bronzey gold quad and whilst the colours are pigmented and stayed put on my oily lids, I find the bronze too orangey on my lids, as I found out that I cant do too much orange as it makes my eyes look too puffy.
The colours are blendable but the applicator included wasnt as good as the ones from maybe Kate or Lashcva (sp?), so best use your won brushes.
Another limitation to the quad is that cos the eyeshadow pan is so slim, its so difficult to get my brush to grab the eyeshadow.
If I get the chance to go to a Sephora, I will definately get myself other eyeshadows in colours that suit me

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, I was expecting a whole lot more from this eyeshadow. I received the Colorful Eye Shadow Palette in Camel Leon 12, which consists of a deep olive green with gold glitter, golden olive, golden tan, and a shimmery pink. First off, both the golden olive and golden tan just come off as golden on my eyes...there is very little difference in color. One has an oliver greenish tint, and the other is just gold. The shadows also aren't very pigmented, as I have to layer on the colors quite a bit. Finally, the shadows are quite hard, as I have to scrape my brush over the shadows repeatedly just to get any color. I just started using these with a base, however, and was much more impressed with the color payoff. The shadows finally showed their true colors with the base. And for what it's worth, they did look quite pretty. For the price of these shadows, though, I don't think you should have to wear a base underneath. Anyways, the Camel Leon palette comes off as fairly neutral on me.

Quality: Not even the darkest shadow, the deep olive green, comes off as very deep on my eyes. The shadows are, however, easy to blend and have good staying power; unfortunately, after several months, the shadows have become hard and more difficult to pack on the brush.

Packaging: It holds up well, and I haven't noticed much wear and tear. However, I dislike the rows of eyeshadow. Since they're so thin, it's harder for me to swipe my brushes in them. It would have been better to package each shadow more evenly, so that each shadow would have bigger dimensions. The tiny sponge applicator is cheap, scratchy, and unusable. I only use it when I need to apply the crease color, since my other brushes barely pick up the color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Probably the worst eyeshadows I ever had. The shades are not very pigmented. Some shades have pieces of glitter in it and the glitter ends up everywhere on my face except on my eyelids. Without eye-shadow primer, it doesn't stay long on the eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by LittleChiuffy

This is a review for the new Colorful 9 palette in N02 Amethyst Harmony, you know, the one with the 9 teeny eyeshadow "bullets" in a round palette. Ok, the amount of product is not much, but the palette is very cute, and the price of 15,90 Euros is not bad for it. For me it was love at first sight! I can honestly say that I have never seen colors so well coordinated in a palette before! It has the most incredible shimmery (the shimmer is slightly golden in all colors, but very fine) shades of beige, brown, amethyst (or more a deep plum), violet and golden pink colors... I can also honestly say that I simply love all the colors and have great use of them. They look amazing with a plum or brown eyeliner (may I suggest Sephora's own Flashy brown or Electro Choc ;) ). They do also work awesomely with my cool toned ppp complexion. I have green eyes btw.
I have read some complaints about this as far as color payoff. I personally do not like hyper pigmented stuff, and this one gives a perfectly delicate, shimmery, but playfully and elegantly colorful result, which I prefer.
As for the size... I actually do appreciate that the amount is smaller, as I will only use this item to smudge out my eyeliner a bit in the frames of my everyday 'wash + liner' look. I apply a wash of my HG pale pink or almond\vanilla eyeshadow and match an eyeliner to it. Then I "smoke out" the eyeliner a bit with one of these little gems :) Once again, the color selection is just perfect, as it has different tones within the colors I actually can use.
I can absolutely see myself repurchasing this item for the above mentioned purpose. It is indeed for me very handy and useful.