October 2, 2014 | 992 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by madeleinekate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. It's a gel cleanser that foams slightly.
It suits my skin type well (combination) as it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry but it really does get rid of the buildup of oils/leftover makeup/whatever nastiness is on my face by the end of the day and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh.

If my eczema is bad it can sting my face a little, but it's not too bad and it doesn't seem to make my eczema worse or anything. Just a slight sting when I apply the cleanser.

I do however find this it is great for my acne! I was using this product religiously a while ago when my acne wasn't too bad. I then stopped using it in search of a more natural cleanser. During this time my acne got much worse. After a few months I decided to go back to this product as I couldn't find any natural cleansers that didn't break me out. Pretty much as soon as I started using this again my acne cleared up significantly. Not completely, but it definately does help to keep it at bay. I'm not sure how, but it does!

I also love that it comes in a big bottle with a pump. So convenient.

I really recommend this cleanser if you have sensitive, combination/oily skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Star28

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for about 6 months now and must say it's the most gentle, non-drying cleanser I've ever used I'd tried the regular Cetaphil Gentle Daily Cleanser but found that one didn't do a good job at removing makeup at all, so decided to give this one a try. Even though it says it's for Normal to Oily Skin, it does not strip my face or make my dry patches (in winter) drier.

Many so-called "gentle" cleansers leave my face feeling tight (still haven't figured out what ingredient causes this for me!) but not this one. I've also found I don't need to use a toner after washing with this cleanser.

Seems pricey but you get a BIG bottle for your money, and even using it 2x/day a bottle will last me for months. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ashcarole

I have I say that I am impressed with the Cetaphil cleanser. I had always seen it at the store and never really gave it a second glance. After doing research, I found that a lot of people really like using Cetaphil as it is gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling clean and fresh. I have combo/oily skin so like I have said in other reviews it is very hard for me to find the right products for my skin. I'm always switching them up. I love this cleanser. I use this and then afterwards I put on the Boots Shine Control lotion. The combination of the two work wonders for my skin. This cleanser deep cleans without damaging your skin. It's a wonder product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I have used Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser on and off for the past 10 years. It has helped me through my teenage breakouts and continued to calm my skin in my most recent years. I never forgive myself for venturing off into other products but this cleanser is so gentle and mild that I can always depend on it.

I do have a couple suggestions for others though. Even though buying in bulk sounds tempting, unless you go through these bad boys in three months I would not suggest buying it in bulk! I bought Cetaphil at BJS and it lasted me years but this nice translucent cleanser eventually became.. opaque and viscous. At one point I was sure it was expired! And it was breaking me out! Next, I also advise those who lean on the more sensitive skin side (as I do) to try out the gentle facial cleaner. This can irritate your skin especially in the winter.

Nonetheless, it is a staple in my house and life!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked using this cleanser instead of the gentle cleanser. I used probably 2 big bottles of this product. I did some researched and discovered that it contained sodium laureth sulfate which causes breakouts. So I stopped using it. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I want to try the olay foming cleanser for sensitive skin to see if it works for me. Update: After trying to find a better cleanser and failed I had to run back to this cleanser. It is the only one that works for me. I have to say its my*HG* from now on. I am using Neutrogena makeup removing wipes prior to using the cleanser and I am loving the combo so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

This product is indespensable to me! I can not live with out it. It removes all my makeup from my face, it is strong but at the same time sensitive for my extrely delicate oily/dry skin. I've repurchased this bottle countless time. I recommend to my family and friends all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I was going to wait a while before reviewing this, as I am recovering from a major breakout. I was compelled to write one because in the four days I have been using this I haven't had any new breakouts and I see my acne drying up. I love the scent, it is very clean and it does lather more than the regular cleanser. I've scaled back on my routine and used to bomb my face with salicylic acid. After reading a ton of advice tutorials on YouTube I decided to calm everything down. I wash with Cetaphil, tone with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and moisturize once a day with the Cetaphil lotion. I this routine is definitely working!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff burns my cheeks and my eyes so badly!! I don't recommend this to people with dry skin because it dried out my skin so much. This product is to painful to use and I don't even have sensitive skin..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the mixed reviews - this product is awesome! The substance is gel-like and unscented, which didn't irritate my skin at all! :) I used to use this alongside with my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Treatment and moisturizer and my skin became much clearer. However, I had to knock a lippie (is that what you call them?) because it leaves a slightly sticky, unclean-ish feel when I rinse it off, and the full size bottle is quite pricy for me. The pump fell out after I accidentally dropped it , but the fault was mine and not the product's, lol c: Overall, AWESOME! I'm going to try its "Gentle Skin Cleanser" counterpart soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Love to use with my clarisonic!