April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Corfu

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sucrebebe77

I've heard a lot of people complain about this product so I tried to stay away from it but everytime I went to a NARS counter I always swatched it because I thought the color was so pretty, so I caved in and bought it. I'm so glad I did because I really like it. I use it with UDPP and layer Ashes to Ashes over it with a little Night Clubbing in the outer V and along the lower lash line (thanks to Sephora.com) and voila, a beautiful everyday smokey look. I think the color is too sheer to wear by itself but I think it looks great with another color layered on top of it and it doesn't seem to crease on me so I'm happy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ack!!! I should've listened to you girls and NOT gotten this, but I just had to try it for myself, dumbass that I am. UGH! Beautiful color - sheer, sheeny brown flecked with noticeable gold shimmer, but the formula can bite me! Even with UDPP underneath, mine creased within about 2 hours. Super-expensive, as with all Nars products, and normally I don't care about that as long as it actually delivers, but this one? No how, no way. This pup's going back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You must wear UPDD or TFSI under this or it will crease. Its sheer on lid, with shimmery glitters and helps to grab the powder layering on. I use this to make my powder shadow has more depth and it does enhanc ethe color. Works under most shades.
I like the shade but just do not reach for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by LeslieMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my quest for the perfect cream taupe shadow, one of my first stops was Nars Corfu. In the case, it's a pretty, lightly shimmery neutral taupe. On, however, it's a bit of a mess. My two biggest complaints about this shadow is that it's far too shimmery on, and that it really has no staying power. It creases and wears off pretty quickly. You can take down the shimmer by setting it with powder, but that also changes the color slightly.
Another beef I have with this shadow (and with Nars cream shadows in general) is that the packaging doesn't work so well for this type of product. Every time you open the case, you're exposing the shadow to air and speeding up the drying process. Eventually the shadow will develop a thin, hardish layer on top, so you'll have to mash it to dig out the creamy shadow from underneath. Consequently, my Nars cream shadows all look like mangled messes with gross fingerprints. Ick.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by vanessa112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color and had been looking for a great cream shadow in this type of color but it totally creases and doesn't stay put very well even with UDPP. I noticed it creasing and sliding off within an hour of getting to work! I tried it with and without primer and kept having the same problem so I had to return it. I expected a lot more from Nars!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by itsanobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never worn this eyeshadow alone and I don't think I would without layering a powder over it because it is just not pigmented enough for me. I bought this solely to wear with Ashes to Ashes to give the color more depth (which it does beautifully). It is a genuine cream to powder but will probably crease if you don't layer well. I might not buy this again and try and find a powder eyeshadow that is similar simply because I don't really like cream eyeshadows in general but if I can't I will probably repurchase because I think this color is a *perfect* smoky brown (FYI, it is slightly pinkish with subtle gold glimmer and sheen).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kdz110

I wanted to like this product so bad! I bought it after experiencing the Orgasm blush & Laguna bronzer and loving those two products, so I figured the eyeshadow had to be as good. I've never had an issue with creasing eyeshadow, but this pretty much always creased on me if I applied any more than a light sweep (which resulted in almost no color). I tried it with and without primer, over and under another shadow, and no matter how I tried it, it just wasn't worth it for such a steep price in the end. It looked exactly like and had about the same staying power of my Mink e/s by Covergirl... so I returned it and continue to use the Mink.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ChiChi9

This is a shimmery brownish creme eyeshadow. I wanted a golden brown shimmer to use as a base, this one looks beautiful on the skin. Its a very sheer creme, that is really just greasy. It never seems to set on my eyes, even with powder under it and powder shadow over it it creased immediately, and by the end of the day my eyes were a mess, all my eyeshadow had slid everywhere. I'm dissappointed because the color is soo pretty, I won't be wearing it again because the texture is so bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is is so pretty and the violet-brown makes for the perfect subtle eye. It does crease a little, so what I do to prevent that is powder my lids with a little translucent powder, then apply an eyelid primer. After that I apply Corfu with my fingers and then I layer NARS Ashes to Ashes over it to set the color, or I powder some more translucent powder over Corfu to set the color and also cut down a little on the shimmer. Either way, the color is very beautiful, and acts as a great base color for other colors as well. The color is very unique and quite sheer, so a little layering is required to acheive an intense color payoff. NARS cream shadows always do crease a little after wear, but I am not dissatisfied with the amount of pigment or the packaging. I love that NARS products have mirrors within each little compact. It makes application so much easier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this. It's decent, but it does crease. That wouldn't bother me too much, but it's also very sparkly. I definitely can't wear this at school or if I'm working, so I have kept it to only low maintenance make-up days during weekends or the summer. Since it is so sparkly, I have to be mindful not to do my usual routine of slathering product on, but only do a couple of swipes across the lid. I do think it would be good for a night out, and I think I'm already planning on using it next New Years! :-)