October 25, 2014 | 1663 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very moisturizing! Very oily, smells kind of chocolate-y (which I love, but this is a subtle chocolate smell). I love the body butters, mine changed textures, it's very creamy now but started out very thick! I always will recommend the body shop!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Freckledflower

I absolutely love this stuff. It smells fantastic, absorbs quickly (unlike most of the body shop body butters) and leaves absolutely no stickiness. My skin gets dry and flaky in the winter and this cured it completely. It also doesn't make my back acne worse. On the whole, I don't really like the body shop but this is one of the few products I will continue to purchase, especially during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ccbabii4vr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's amazing! I have extremely dry skin all over the place, especially my face. My face is dry to the extent where you can see my skin flaking & I have dry wrinkles on my face, too. I went through many lotions (Aveeno, Clinique, Jergens, etc) & they temporarily worked. You would have to apply them over and over again to keep your face moisturized. But as for this cocoa butter, it works wonder. It's amazing. It keeps my skin smooth all day & I do not have to reapply it unless I go into the shower/bath.
It's definitely a best buy if you have extremely dry skin! I would totally suggest this! So worth the money, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the mini body butter (last chance) for $6. I looove this, it smells amazing, the texture is smooth and just right and moisturizes well. I get winter eczema on my hands and this is my HG product to keep it at bay. Warning: it is greasy when first applied, but absorbs into the skin very well shortly after

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fabulous body butter. Very rich and moisturizing- perfect for dry skin. It really has a lot of cocoa butter in it, too, not just a little for fragrance purposes (like palmers cocoa butter). I used this on my belly every night when I was pregnant and I didn't get any stretch marks. I think part of it is thanks to this lotion!

If it didn't have parabens in it, it would be perfect (I inquired about that "unnatural" ingredient and TBS says the parabens are "minimal"). So one lippie off for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the firmest body butter I've come across, but I quite like the texture. It melts into the skin nicely and moisturizes well. The scent is nice, albeit quite strong. There are days where the scent is just too strong and I decide not to use it because of that.
More recently though, I've realized that every time I use this on my legs I almost scratch them off because they get so itchy. It turns out I'm allergic to cocoa butter, so I will of course be discontinuing to use this and will not repurchase. That's not the product's fault though, so it doesn't affect the product's rating. I am a little bummed that I have 3/4 of a tub that I can't use, but what can you do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by AshleyMegan00

I have very dry skin. I have tried soooo many lotions and I keep coming back to this one. It genuinely keeps my skin hydrated for a full day or more. I do wish there was more in the jar though. The smell is nice, nothing too "purfumey". This is by far my most re-purchased beauty product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Jennada

This is my favourite body butter... I just wished that it lasted longer...I find that if I am using it daily, I use the whole thing within 2 weeks! I have an allergic reaction to a few ofBody Shop's body butters, but have never had any problems with this one. Love the scent, and keeps my skin moisturized all day without feeling greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've got this in a special deal that the Body Shop does every now and then. Alone the tub is 20 bucks so I usually wait when they have sales. 3 for $30 or those buy one get one sales or whatever. This is my favorite body butter. I wanted pure cocoa butter that's just extra moisturizing and this does it for me. I use this every night after I shower and I tend to be fairly dry during the harsh cold seasons. This leaves my body feeling baby bottom smooth. I'm addicted to body butters and this by far is just my absoulte favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cloudlight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I *love* this body butter. I use it less in the summer because my skin doesn't need as much moisturization...but in the harsh dry winter it's the only thing that keeps my skin from flaking. I love that the main ingredients (cocoa/brazil nut/shea butters) are so good for the skin...and another great plus is that the scent is slightly sweet but not overpowering (personal preference - I don't like smelling like food). It melts into the skin with a bit of massaging (be patient - it's a butter after all); but once it sinks in my skin feels very supple and comfortable. I like this one even more than the Olive body butter because it feels more nourishing and...well, 'wholesome'! I've stocked up while it's on sale - will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!