The Body Shop Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), MethylPARABEN (Preservative), PropylPARABEN (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)

on 4/6/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm not crazy about the smell of this product, as I prefer unscented lotions so I can wear perfume. However, I love the texture and it's incredibly moisturizing. It is rich and creamy, but also sinks in quickly. I plan to use this a lot in the summer after days at the beach.

on 4/6/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I work in a spa, and have access to organic cocoa butter. Now, anything else smells like cheap chocolate scented plastic to me. This body butter was given as a gift to me, and I promptly returned it. The packaging is ok, it moisturizes ok, but the smell is headache inducing. This is nothing compared to the real stuff. Ugh, the spa has spoiled me.

Very moisturizing! Very oily, smells kind of chocolate-y (which I love, but this is a subtle chocolate smell). I love the body butters, mine changed textures, it's very creamy now but started out very thick! I always will recommend the body shop!

I absolutely love this stuff. It smells fantastic, absorbs quickly (unlike most of the body shop body butters) and leaves absolutely no stickiness. My skin gets dry and flaky in the winter and this cured it completely. It also doesn't make my back acne worse. On the whole, I don't really like the body shop but this is one of the few products I will continue to purchase, especially during the winter months.

on 2/24/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's amazing! I have extremely dry skin all over the place, especially my face. My face is dry to the extent where you can see my skin flaking & I have dry wrinkles on my face, too. I went through many lotions (Aveeno, Clinique, Jergens, etc) & they temporarily worked. You would have to apply them over and over again to keep your face moisturized. But as for this cocoa butter, it works wonder. It's amazing. It keeps my skin smooth all day & I do not have to reapply it unless I go into the shower/bath.
It's definitely a best buy if you have extremely dry skin! I would totally suggest this! So worth the money, too.

on 2/10/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought the mini body butter (last chance) for $6. I looove this, it smells amazing, the texture is smooth and just right and moisturizes well. I get winter eczema on my hands and this is my HG product to keep it at bay. Warning: it is greasy when first applied, but absorbs into the skin very well shortly after

on 2/3/2011 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Fabulous body butter. Very rich and moisturizing- perfect for dry skin. It really has a lot of cocoa butter in it, too, not just a little for fragrance purposes (like palmers cocoa butter). I used this on my belly every night when I was pregnant and I didn't get any stretch marks. I think part of it is thanks to this lotion!

If it didn't have parabens in it, it would be perfect (I inquired about that "unnatural" ingredient and TBS says the parabens are "minimal"). So one lippie off for that.

on 2/3/2011 6:28:00 PM

This is the firmest body butter I've come across, but I quite like the texture. It melts into the skin nicely and moisturizes well. The scent is nice, albeit quite strong. There are days where the scent is just too strong and I decide not to use it because of that.
More recently though, I've realized that every time I use this on my legs I almost scratch them off because they get so itchy. It turns out I'm allergic to cocoa butter, so I will of course be discontinuing to use this and will not repurchase. That's not the product's fault though, so it doesn't affect the product's rating. I am a little bummed that I have 3/4 of a tub that I can't use, but what can you do.

on 10/14/2010 2:30:00 PM

I have very dry skin. I have tried soooo many lotions and I keep coming back to this one. It genuinely keeps my skin hydrated for a full day or more. I do wish there was more in the jar though. The smell is nice, nothing too "purfumey". This is by far my most re-purchased beauty product.

on 9/26/2010 3:39:00 PM

This is my favourite body butter... I just wished that it lasted longer...I find that if I am using it daily, I use the whole thing within 2 weeks! I have an allergic reaction to a few ofBody Shop's body butters, but have never had any problems with this one. Love the scent, and keeps my skin moisturized all day without feeling greasy.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products