October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipstick wears a lot like a lipgloss, which is something I actually love about it. It is somewhat moisturizing. This is my to-go lipstick that can pretty much match with everything (depending on how much I apply). When applied lightly, it's adds pink shimmery shine to your lips. When applied heavily, it's a pale baby pink color. This is actually my favorite mac lipstick. It's just so wearable and it works for everyone I know. Sometimes people think this lipstick is not worth the money because it can be easily duped, but that's not true! The texture and just the perfect tone of pale pink cannot be easily duped.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This would be so pretty if it wasn't so sheer! I legitimately have to apply so much on just to get the colour to show through on my lips. Don't know if I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So, I wouldn't buy this again, but it does the job okay. I just like to try to new things...often. It's a nice way for me to tone down my lip color which, I think, is pretty dark for my skin. It is a little frosty, but I don't think it's terribly sparkly, or unnatural. I'd compare it too Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Champagne, again though, with less sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by urbandecayjunkie775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently got this product for free from a family friend who works for Estee Lauder, and when I opened up the package, I was a little weary. The colour looked way too light for even me (NW20). But, since I LOVE MAC lipsticks, I decided to try it. My natural lip colour is extremely dark, so I'm always looking for products that are more opaque to cover the darkness of my lips. However, this colour is very sheer, but lightens my lips just enough to have all my lip glosses' colours shine through. Also, I find that when I wear this alone, it gives my lips a pretty sheen, but not over-powering. Overall, I would definitely purchase this product again! One of my FAVOURITE lipsticks to date. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

Urgh. I really hate MAC's lustre l/s. They just look way too sheer on me. The colour is ok, but it is quite frosty. This is good if you want something inbetween a gloss and a l/s but otherwise steer clear. this l/s punished me for impulse buying!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Cerrenity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick. I adore most MAC products in general but had never been that big on wearing lipstick. This was my first lipstick purchase and I have to say, to this day, it is still my favorite lipstick. It's a lustre so it's sheer enough to be worn alone for just a little shimmer and it's buildable for a perfect pale nude pink color. It has enough shine/shimmer to be worn or you can put a lipgloss over top. I have very pigmented lips that I like to lighten with lip products. It feels thin enough on my lips but can be built up to a thicker texture if needed/wanted. I love everything about this lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color was just too sheer yet pale for my pigmented lips, and didnt work. I could see it looking a,azing on a lighter skin tone though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Fail! I couldn't get this to work with my NC25 skintone in a million years. It's an incredibly pale, icy pastel pink with shimmer: All my no no's in one tube - what can I say, I was a makeup rookie back then and didn't know any better. This color seems to have traumatized me for life and caused me to shy away from pinks up until this day. When applied lightly it didn't even show up - it just added a bit of chunky shimmer to my lips and turned them slightly ashy due to its overly cool undertones and, believe me, this was the only way it looked tolerable. When applied more heavily, it was your worst nightmare. Inititally I got this thinking it would be a nice discrete pale nude, but it honestly didn't do the trick for me. I wore it a few times and got nothing but unflattering comments on it. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I kept using up my lipglasses, I needed something for the lips that would last longer than lip gloss and not run outttt!.. so I decided to invest into a lipstick! I bought this color because after trying it on, it was sheer-ish like a lipgloss.. it was the perfect nude on me because I have very non-pigmented lips and it was overall a great pale lip look! I love it! The shimmers are super subtle and pretty! I will re purchase when running out :) it is going to be my nude chapstick that won't run out like my lipglasses do!haha Lasts a decent amount of time and never settles or looks funny after a while like shifting lipsticks or lipsticks that settle into corners/lines/inside of lips! You can apply without looking because it's a lustre and you can just smack lips together to fix up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by evbenavides

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first saw this at the counter. I was lil iffy on buying it. I went home and I could not stop thinking about it. So i gave in and bought it.When I say I love this lipstick...I love it. It reminds me of there lipgloss oyster girl with out the thickness feeling. It has enough gloss to even look like a l/g. But great enough for a l/s. Its a pale pink that works great for a nude type l/s. I will def repurchase this l/s.