September 1, 2014 | 1001 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by tashab17

This is the best foundation I have ever used. For the first time in my life I have the perfect colour foundation for me and my skin is not freaking out.

I think the 'double wear' phrase really throws people off but it's not as thick as you would expect to be. I don't think it is suitable for every day wear and I usually on wear it on special occasions during the week and weekends when I go out. I have really problematic skin and for some reason my skin does not hate this foundation which is great for me. I think it's lovely and it feels so smooth when it goes out. The coverage is great and it hides all of my scars and blemishes.

Definitely worth going to the Estee Lauder counter and grabbing a tester to test it on yourself!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lisa1991

I bought this foundation because the MUA recommended me this one. It is very expensive though, but well worth the money. I dont have any problems with breaking out because of this foundation, but that may be because I only wear it on a night out. It is perfect for that. Gives me flawless skin, even though I have to apply two layers to give me maximum coverage. Packaging is very annoying. It doesn't have a pump so you have to put it on your hand and then on your face. It feels like its clogging my pores a little bit, so you really do feel like you have some kind of mask on your face. But it does have good coverage and if you set it with a powder, it won't leave an oily finish. I would repurchase it, but I would only use it for nights out, not on a daily basis!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ashleedrake1

At first I loved this foundation, thought the colour was great that the makeup artist matched me up to, the coverage seemed excellent and I felt really confident.

Then I broke out. Holy mother of god. Every girl gets spots and I do and as much as I hate them, it was only ever the odd one or two every time of the month, however since this foundation my skin has not been right, lots of red vicious acne all over my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose... it had never been this bad. I had to go to the doctors to get cream to fix my problem.

I feel like it might be too much for my sensitive skin, the colour was way too pinkish on me as well as dark and it was the lightest shade. Horrible horrible feeling when it went on to my skin, like it was sticking to every pore, dry patch and not providing enough coverage or durability.

The price is ridiculous for what my skin went through. I definitely think its for mature skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

While I did enjoy this foundation for a brief period in time, I would not repurchase (although I am aware there is a new formulation). This is a medium to full coverage foundation. I suggest building it up using small, thin layers if you need more coverage or else it will look very cakey. Also, make sure you blend quicly because it will dry fast. Unlike many other reviewers with oily skin, I felt like it didn't control my oil at all. It did last through summer sweat, until I touched my skin. In the winter this foundation did cling to my dry spots so make sure you exfoliate and moisturize well. The colour range was just ok for my pale skin, and I found that the colour oxidized on me throughout the day and did not really look like "my skin". The packaging was not great-I didn't like that it doesn't come with a pump and it gets messy when this foundation comes streaming out, especially since it sets so quickly. These days I am looking to cover redness and imperfections but I do not want to look heavy or done-up. I want something more natural than this foundation. I did like it for a while but it no longer meets my needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by KMacMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I sort of love this foundation... I need to be really well moisturised and primed/sunscreened for it to not be too 'powdery' 'chalky'. i love wearing this foundation on a night out- even through the course of some hot, sweaty clubbing; this stuff stays in place! Not really into it for a day base, but I've used it on others and I really like how it turned out The colour can be quite flat, so a little illuminator can be really helpful. This foundation needs to be applied with a beauty blender or a sponge or even fingertips; it doesn't seem to bear too well with a brush and it hates to be buffed.

The price has been brought down to AUD$54, if it was still AUD$80, I think I'd go with the MAC equivalent. Also, the glass bottle (or any glass bottle) sucks. And beware the spf- it can leave a glow in flash photography.

x

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Ariananatalie3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation, it goes really well with oily skin and I've noticed it controls the oil on my face throughout the day quite well too. The problem for me is that the foundation doesn't 'melt' into the skin, in other words it's really noticeable that your wearing a foundation. The lasting power of this is really good, I would definitely recommend this to someone who as oily skin and is used to foundations sliding off their face after a couple of hours, this is a serious duty foundation which lasts around 9 hours on very oily skin (including through hot days and gym class). If you have dry skin I would really recommend this as it gradually tends to cling to dry patches and wares off unevenly, but a good moisturizer should battle that. The foundation doesn't have a pump which doesn't really bother me much but when your paying almost £30 for a foundation, you'd kind of expect a pump. The last down full for this product is how heavy it feels, I didn't notice it until I started using Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. Overall I would repurchase this as it's one of my top foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gottsteph

I haven't tried the new formula yet but I really like the old one. It stays on pretty good, even after napping, and it doesn't transfer over. I probably have to repurchase a new bottle soon. One of my favs.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

THIS IS MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE FOUNDATION IN THE WORLD. I live in singapore and i don't think they've reformulated the formula because i only know that happened in america, but i think its the same formula, i heard about this from itsjudytime's first impression on this foundation, i use the shade 2W2 rattan and its quite yellow on me because although they claim to have 30-31 shades available WORLDWIDE , they only have selected colors available for asian skin in singapore, so 2W2 was the closest match, but it blends in perfectly and i can even it my skin tone out with bronzer.

I LOVE THE LASTING POWER OF THIS FOUNDATION. I brought it along with me on my 6 day trip to china and hong kong and the weather was quite hot but i didn't sweat much but it lasted ALL DAY LONG, there was one day where we went to climb mountains and i wore this foundation and it didn't budge AT ALL, i definitely got oily in my t zone but the rest of my face pretty much stayed put. i don't use much of this foundation at all, but one think i hate about this foundation is the packaging that it doesn't come with a pump, what i do is shake it onto my finger and dot it all over my face, i probably do maybe 6-7 dots around my entire face and thats quite little and a little goes a very long way with this product, i loved it so much i went crazy and bought another brand new bottle as back up when i bought my first bottle a month ago and i'm not even 1/4 done with it. its SO GOOD. its definitely FULL COVERAGE and it gives me a SEMI MATTE finish but still looks VERY NATURAL without looking cakey at all! it keeps me matte for at least 5 hours before getting SLIGHTLY OILY IN MY T ZONE, nothing excessively oily with this foundation and i don't wear primer at all, just the body shop tea tree moisturizer which is quite mattifying.

i swear by this foundation so much, i hope estee lauder will NEVER DISCONTINUE this foundation, if they do, i will cry, really i will, its my favorite foundation in this ENTIRE WORLD, doesn't break me out ever and its the best thing ever invented!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Fresco was too dark for me

even brought it back to the counter to see if the MUA could do a better job at finding a match for me with no luck. So, I decided to continue with it. It smelled very odd to me for one thing...very chemically in a very bad way. The bottle has a traditional open top, which I found messy...a pump would be better, cause once you get this around the top and if some drips down the side of the bottle, forget it. Not even rubbing alcohol will get this stuff off the bottle. Then, I realized, like an earlier reviewer mentioned, that this stuff was giving me unbearable pimples on my cheeks. I was so upset, because despite the wrong color match, it did give my skin a nice finish. So, I went off it for a while and then tried it again with the same result. Never buying again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG for my crazy skin. My skin "eats" foundation, EXCEPT for this wonderful HG coverage. I let my Daywear SPF 30 and eye crm soak in while brushing my teeth, and then I put a bit of this on where I need it. Makes a great base for eye shadow too on the lids too. ; lasts so long, and is worth every penny! Shake it up though so it does not go on too thick and chalky.