July 28, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this and thought it was the best stuff in the world.

Until after about a month of use I broke out like crazy. So I used their recommended makeup remover to get it off. It made matters worse. So I quit using. It gives a great coverage and matte finish. I would continue using this, but I can't because of the breakouts. You practically have to scrub it off. And then your lucky to get it off after that. A foundation like this possibly could not be good for ones skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I tried the new formula in Fresco, which was the most fantastic color match for me. However, it accentuated any pores I never knew about, felt really thick and greasy on my face, shockingly didn't cover much, was hard to blend, shined like a disco-ball and the packaging is so inconvenient.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I'm not sure if this is the old or new formula but I bought it about a month ago. At first I really liked it, but didn't find it very long wearing (any more than revlon colorstay). Yesterday I decided to really test it out and wear it all day, and I was pretty impressed. I loved it. It applies fine for me, and is medium/buildable coverage. I still use concealer on hyperpigmentation. I have combo-oily skin, for reference.. I applied it with a beauty blender type sponge & I wore it over my cetaphil cream (no primer / setting sprays) and set it with my rimmel stay matte powder. I was outside, walking most of the day & checked my face after 7 hours - I only had minimal oil around my nose & forehead but the foundation still looked basically flawless. After another almost 3 hours (almost 10 total) my skin was still oily and it started to wear off around my chin a bit. I never really need my makeup on that long anyways, so it's not really a problem. I hope it continues to work this well for me.. it could be a new favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have an HG foundation yet but this may come close! It is definitely the best medium-full coverage foundation I have found. I have very oily skin with some post-acne marks that I want to cover up. I don't like the cakiness of full coverage foundations. But I found this foundation to be pretty natural looking. The finish is semi-matte. It looks like natural, well balanced looking skin (not like my shiny, oily skin!). It lasted through the workday without shifting. Often times, I get very oily around the nose and my foundation breaks up and shifts around there (Like tetonic plates! lol). But this didn't shift but I still got a bit oily (of course).

I found that this covers the redness very well. It covered the redness around my nose like a pro and it covered my hyper pigmentation well (although not completely. I still had to put a little concealer to finish the job). It still let my freckles show through a bit. So far, for a medium-full coverage foundation, this covers as well as any I've tried but the finish and formula of this is better than those other foundations. My Vichy Dermablend foundation (another medium-full foundation) was really yellow even for my yellow based skin and the foundation was not as smooth as this one. I got 1w1 (Bone) and I'm a NC15-20 (Asian skin). I thought this was a great fit! It is pretty expensive thus why I got mine on ebay!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jackeetm

This is a great foundation overall. I love it! The coverage is absolutely amazing and the staying power is great. My only frustration with this product is the color selection. Even the colors that are on the warm side have 'red' in them. I'm having a hard time finding a color for my olive skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by BurcuA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best covarage foundation i have ever used.I dont have a porcelain skin normally and this product is perfect to get a perfect look.It is a little bit heavy for daily use but in winter i am also using daily.If you have an oily sking use estee lauder matte perfecting primer for base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As most know this is so similar to Revlon Colorstay but IMO, this is slightly better in staying power but not as great with shade selection. For reference I am an NC30-35 in MAC, RCS - Warm Golden and had a hard time color matching DW. I ended up purchasing Ivory Beige which was the closest but it is slightly orangey on me in the winter and works a better when I have a little bit of a tan. All that being said, the staying power and texture of this foundation is AMAZING. As a foundation junkie I have in rotation the following: Tarte Full Coverage, RCS Whipped, MAC Pro Long Wear, Clinique Pore Minimizing, and ELDW....ELDW out lasts all of them on my super oily skin. I apply it with the Tarte Full Coverage Foundation Brush and set it with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural and literally do not touch up during the day. It provides me with a medium to full coverage, sets to a flat matte finish which is great for my pore size, no issues with it transferring once set with powder and stands up to Florida humidity. If not for the color, I would likely only use this foundation but I cannot seem to find one that matches me well year round. One bottle has lasted me a long time and I have not tried the newer version but if they have drastically changed this formula it will be upsetting.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try this for agessss my HG foundation for years was the revlon colour stay ... Ok so first off the sales assistant who tried and failed to colour match me was soo annoying and patronising honestly i (mentally)fly kicked her in the face so many times .. She had no idea what she was doing and she's been there for years she also colour matched my best friend wrong so I decided to choose my own colour and ended up getting ecru for ref I'm mac mac 15-20 the sales assistant colour matched me 3 shades darker .. Like seriously .. Any hu this foundation is full coverage and long lasting has a matte finish and it does have a smell to it but not flowery or perfume sort of smell... It's actually a great foundation it covers blemishes makes you look flawless I wore it on a very hot day in London well by hot I mean 30dg and that's hot for us .. How sad is that .. It held up pretty well I didn't have to powder my nose or anything I do really like this foundation but it gives me the same finish as loreal true match foundation .. It blends well but drys quick because its so thick i have to wear a blush or highlight as my face looks a bit flat but that goes for most full coverage foundations I apply this with my hands or sometimes with a damp sponge if I want less coverage i wouldn't repurchase as I find the clarins everlasting finish foundation is better suited for my skin .. I think it's a HG foundation for people with oily skin and that want a foundation to last literally all day

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by shruthiramesh

dis s de best foundation Ive Eva tried :) luv it

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Shayne19

To start off, my skin is many things. I have regular break outs and dry skin in the weather, through out the day it becomes oily no matter what foundation im using. I was looking for a good coverage that would cover my red spots and acne marks. The packaging and bottle is lovely, but getting it out was a mess. Since you have to pour it, sometimes it would leak and fall on my clothes, or too much would come out. Putting it on my face was also tricky since the foundation was very heavy. I expected it to be thick, but not THAT thick... It really does dry fast while applying it on my face even with a damp sponge or face brush. It definately controlled oil for about 5-6 hours, then it started to get a little oily, but i could easily blot that. But the problem came to be where it started giving me face lines becuase it was cakey.
One other problem is how it comes out in photos, for myself, it made me look like a white ghost... i looked terrible and it was embarassing.. I guess if you want a really thick coverage for terrible skin, i'd use this. It never made me break out, of coarse be careful if you want your picture taken with this. And smell is alright, you don't really smell the scent on your face when wearing it. Definatly not worth the price.