October 20, 2014 | 1529 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ToniTiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved the old formula with SPF, not a fan of the new stuff doesnt wear nearly as long and colors changed too if it ain't broke don't fix it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation in the new, non-spf, formula. I have never used the old formula, but I love how this goes on my skin and it's easy to apply with a synthetic brush (fav. is sigma F80). I use the color 2N1 on my NC 25-30 skin tone. Excellent coverage and staying power, and it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. I hate the fact it doesn't have a pump, but I put a mac foundation pump on it and it works perfect. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by DollymixMe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite foundations! I have gone through a lot of shades to get my perfect match as there's so many.. Some too pink some too yellow but finally 1n2 seems to be the one! This foundation has to be the best for coverage and staying power it just doesn't come off!! I love it! The only negatives I have for this foundation is the packaging a little pump would go well, the next one is the fact that it doesn't look great on photos due to the SPF in it, this is the main reason I won't use it on brides :( shame as its so long lasting. I do love this product though it'll always be a classic in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Umstael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing full cover foundation that covers a multitude of sins (acne scarring pigmentation issues). I am a strange colour (fair but very yellow toned) and this is a perfect match. It lasts all day and stays looking lovely, doesn't excentuate my dry flaky patches at all. LOVE THIS

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and love this foundation. I moisturize very well before I use it but since I've gotten it I've worn the heck out of it. It has great coverage, sets very quickly and stays looking fabulous all day. I also bought the concealer and it dries super fast.. I still love my Eve Pearl better than the Double Wear concealer but I imagine for the summer months the DW will serve me well.... Never tried the old formulation, still impressed with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by itsarock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love double wear (even after their recent reformulation)! It's one of the very best stay in place foundations for combination-oily skin. It doesn't streak or run once it's been applied and the color range is amazing! I feel that for my pink undertone skin, the natural really evens me out. It creates a flawless finish without being over done or unnatural. The foundation doesn't change colors in the sun and it does contain a very light spf. I love that you can wear this foundation all day long and it really does stay! It wont rub off on to your clothing once you've allowed it to dry and if you touch your face you won't come away with a makeup-y feeling on your hands.

The only downside to this foundation is do not take photos with it! The flash does horrors to this foundation and completely whites you out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG!!!! at first buy i thought this was just okay because i got the wrong shade, Tawny turns orangey on my nc25 skin so by the end of the day my face look darker and cakey, not nice for daily wear. I went back to revlon colorstay because i thought they were almost the same but omg revlon actually changed the formula :( it used to look good on me but the new formula look so greasy, my pores look huge and couldn't keep my oil at bay. I was so disappointed so i decided to get double wear again, this time i got Sand because it's more yellow and lighter than Tawny. I recommend Sand rather than Tawny for people with light yellow-tonned skin. And by the way, i was so SHOCKED because the price has increased! It used to be $38 but now it's $42. The sales assistant said the price has changed since few days ago, it also happened to MAC produts. I don't know if that also happens to another country, i live in indonesia btw.
    With that money i spent i wished it would be worth it and i'm so glad it did. The color Sand fits me right, at first it would look lighter than my actual skin but after some time it oxidizes and matched my skin perfectly. It's really important to get the right shade because i find that the result is not cakey than when i got the wrong color. Don't rely on the sales assistant.
    The coverage is amazing. Medium to full. I have many acne scars and it hides them well even though i have to use concealer for minor scars. It also fill in my pores make them invisible. I have dry patches (from acne treatment) and the foundation doesn't look really nice on top of dry patches, but it happens with every foundation so really it's just my skin. Moisturizer really helps with this.
    I apply it with mac stippling brush, and with my finger for nose area. I have a hard time blending every foundation on my nose i dunno why.
    If you have oily skin like me you might consider using primer first. I used it without primer once (i actually forgot to apply the primer :p) and my nose became really oily after like 4 or 5 hours. With primer it's not that bad. But i really wish it can hold up to my oily skin longer though.
    It doesn't transfer, water-resistant, and doesn't slide off, good for oily people. The smell is not strong.
    The formula is non acnegenic which is good with people like me, with skin that is prone to breakouts. It's full coverage but doesn't clog pores so you don't have to worry but still have to washed throughly because it's water resistant so it's hard to come off with just liquid cleanser.
    Really recommend this :) worth the try

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I really wanted to like this foundation but its just not up to my standard. I have a few pitted scars from previous acne. I also have combination / dry skin. This foundation really made these issues A LOT more obvious! If you like to use a powder for extra coverage, it will look cakey and make scarring and hyperpigmentation stand out. I also found that bronzer and blush did not blend well as Doublewear has very little working time. It did stay on all day however it looked awful. PLEASE NOTE: if you decide to buy this foundation you will need more than just a water soluble cleanser to remove it. A makeup remover + cleanser will do the trick! Good luck ladies.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Jessica100x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will never ever use another foundation, the coverage is just out of this world, and the Finnish is just amazing. I don't have bad skin, however it's far from perfect, I have red cheeks dark circles, and my cheeks have an uneven texture, with this foundation it looks perfect, and.....it does not move, or get shiny which happens to me allot, my foundation looks crap after 3 hours, you can see it lifting of the skin along with bronzing powder and blush going patchy. I am guaranteed all day wear with no touch ups. For days when my skin was feeling dehydrated or not at it's best I use the nars SPF 15 primer, this basically embalmed any dry areas I had so the foundation would smooth over my skin evenly, when I did not use this I could clearly see the foundation and it stuck to lines I never knew I had, this resolved it 100 percent. However with very dry skin i dont know what this foundation would be like! The only thing is I feel the colour needs to be exact, if it's not then it has a tendency to look very grey , if the colour is not right, the foundation will not even look close to how amazing it is suppose to, so make sure you get samples of at least 3 different colours before you buy! The foundation dries very quickly so u have to work quickly with it, if you miss a spot ( easily done under the chin ) you will not be able to even it out! I found this best applied with hands, warm product in finger tips for 15 seconds and it glides on, it feels like this application thins the texture so goes on easier. Must try!!! Will never leave this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Camaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It is a full coverage foundation and it is very long lasting. I use this foundation daily, and I found that the best way to apply it is to mix it with a small amount of moisturizer and to apply it with a flat top kabuki brush,