November 24, 2014 | 1335 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very expensive for a cleanser, but awesome effects - cleans out my pores, gets rid of makeup, exfoliates - definitely leaves my skin looking brighter and feeling smoother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this cleanser by accident when buying a set of Clarins skincare products I was reaching for the Gentle Cleansing Water and somehow took this instead. While i was hugely dissapointed at first for I had ended up with two cleansers (the other one being Pure Melt Cleansing Gel) and no toner, this is starting to convince me. I generally like cleansers that have to be rinsed off, but lately I'm beginning to change my mind, because it's so convenient and fast, and the best part is that this cleanser cleanses perfectly well. I find the smell quite strong and somewhat medical and each time I cleanse my face I'm actually surprised that this doesn't irritate my super-sensitive skin (mind that it doesn't soothe it anyhow as well). I don't like the oiliness just after you've finished cleansing but then the fine oily layer dissaperars quite quickly. Might repurchase in future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loooove cleansing waters and am now so over milky or rinse-off cleansers, so when I found my Lancome Eau de Bienfait was becoming too drying after I hit my thirties, I looked around for a less drying cleansing water. I finally decided to try this out and am so far loving it! I'm finding that you use a lot of product with this, and you have to dab your face afterwards with tissue to remove excess, but I couldn't believe how great my skin looked after the very first application. You mix it up and apply with cotton wool and the oils dissolve all make up immediately. And also, this may sound gross but I couldn't help notice how the oils helped with, er, extractions. If you know what I mean. That was unexpected! My nose looks amazing now, and indeed all my pores look tiny. The best thing is that I go to bed without any tight feeling. It leaves skin soft and plump. Not crazy on the "orange" smell which is the fakest scent ever, but it's not that strong so I don't really care. I'll definately rebuy. EDIT: Have taken lippies off for price and packaging - too much comes out in one go so you just speed through the bottle! And it's too expensive to be buying every month or so. Am looking for some cheaper alternative, which is a shame, as it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tecky

I love the citrus smell & my face feels so refresh.
Very mild facial scrub but very effective.
I removed one lippie coz it stings my eyes like hell if I accidentally open my eyes while washing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Ava79

Im a huge Clarins fan but usual a cleanser toner then treatment kind of gal. Well this is one for those late nights or when your just too busy to do the whole routine. A dual phase product meaning you having to shake it up to blend the formula it removes all makeup with a dash of this on a cotton pad. Dont use it on your eyes though. I love its fresh orangey scent and it really does the job. Someone with an oily skintype might find it a little heavy but i find its slightly heavier feel good it has a toner built in so it cuts out that step as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is this seriously a one step? does anyone seriously use this as a one step?

well, i need to wash my face - not because it's dirty, just because i associate cleanliness with suds on my face.

But i do love this product as a toner, post washing. I generally hate oily makeup removers or toners, but this works amazingly. I swipe it across my face, pre-moisturizer, let it settle in for a minute, then hit it up with BIothern hydra detox cream. My super dry, excema proned, sensitive skin has never felt so darn good. I have many a baby's bottom literally jealous of how soft my skin is...

oh, and my skin is luminescent - literally radiating light. However, my wallet isnt quite as content with me. Can i afford to buy this all the time? No, but that's what boyfriends are for, right?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. It's gentle and very effective at removing all my makeup and dirt etc. But it's just too expensive for me to buy all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by catokelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best cleansers I have used and leaves my skin glowing, gets rid of loads of grime and dries up any spots in no time without drying my skin. However I have recently tried the peach version which smells much more natural...the orange one smells a bit too synthetic since I tried the peach.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a bi-phase watery cleanser that has a layer of oil floating on top of a liquid - you have to shake to mix it up before using. It claims to cleanse & tone in one step, and doesn't need rinsing off. It's fine as a make-up remover but you really have to use a lot, especially on eyeliner and mascara (it didn't sting my eyes like other reviews mentioned). After I wiped off, skin felt oily at first but after the product evaporated from my skin it wasn't oily at all.

I think this is an excellent everyday cleanser if you don't use make-up and just need a deep cleanser for dirt & grime. It's also great for specific occassions eg travelling, camping, after the gym etc - when you don't want to carry around too many products. Overall an excellent product to have on hand for these specific uses. I certainly wouldn't replace my regular make-up remover with this, but it's handy to have around. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I like this product but, overall, I think I prefer the "peach essence" water type to this one. It does cleanse pretty well, is slightly oily, but doesn't leave your skin feeling slick or oily. The scent is nice.