July 30, 2014 | 1960 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by p0pp00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tend to love Olay products but this one misses the mark for me. Even though it is a colorless gel I dont think it blends nicely around my eyes. Even after using a small dabble I think it still leaves a wet/slick appearance which is does not complement my oily complexion at all.

Depite not really caring for the look and feel I decided to use it for a few weeks to see if it would deliver. Sadly it did not. In fact I suspect that I get more eye junk throughout the day with it than I do without. Also, I did not notice any significant improvement in my eye area that would warrant the use of this product. The rest of the bottle is still in the medicine cabinet where it will likely stay until I give it away.

I would not recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this eye gel last of a olay holiday set, it came with a face cream, cleanser, face towel and this stuff. I was intrigued. I've only used one other eye cream in my life, one from nivea (which came as a bonus, it was in a blue contain, hydrafresh or something). I am 27 and have started to see fine lines around my eyes.

This product is sticky feeling, takes a long time to absorb on your skin, I don't really like it. As far as results, haven't seen any yet, I guess it hydrates but has to be used with a moisturizer around the eyes too or else it just feel kinda drying.

I would not rebuy this on it's own. I have two containers of this stuff and will probably finish them off unless I find they are really bad.

EDIT: After using it for some time, it is causing me to break out under my eyes, a place I never ever break out, so I know this stuff is doing it. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by patsgirl321

NEVER again will I try this product. This ripped apart the skin under my eye, and i've had to live with putting on corizone cream the past 3 days... It ate threw my skin like battery acid, and i have all these fluid filled blisters under both my eyes, and a few on my lids. The cooling effect burned like hell, but subsided within a few seconds, I woke up to skin that looks like i have a flesh eating disease - NOT pretty. I will NEVER use this product ever again. Into the garbage it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by kkaseymarie5

I tried this product and it didn't seem to do much for me but then my fiance tried it and he had results the next day! His puffyness was gone, the dark circles were lighter and I could see a difference in his crows feet (he has really bad puffyness,circles because he works 7 days a week all day long!) I wouldn't call it one of my HG's but I think he will if he would ever really admit to using an eye gel LOL

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Bito

Don't believe these reviews,this eye gel doesn't do anything AT ALL!! it just sits there on your skin taking a long time to be absorbed and doesn't make any difference. i bought it after reading all the good reviews here although i am 24 and need only a little moisture for the eye area, but now it's been sitting on the table since a very loooooong time i think i am gonna throw it away now. if i could give it zero i would have,its just a waste of your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by smallpup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This had a 50% OFF/BEING DISCONTINUED sign under the product. That is too bad because I feel this is helping the "pillows" near my eye area. It helps a little with fine lines. I found this product to be somewhat drying, but it does knock out puffiness for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Bought this because I felt a gel would be more soothing/cooling. While it was all that, I did not see a difference upon finishing the treatment. I did however experience some undereye swelling when I pared this with AHA or BHA nightly treatments. I don't know if this is common, but I now use my eye cream on separate nights than my acne treatments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jjrvsmith

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dark circles and have tried everything. This product works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

My eyes are very sensitive and I have allergy to everything except this. I bought this by pure sheer coincidence and I am glad that I did. I apply it even to the back of my eyelids and it does not bother my eyes. The price is definitely an incentive as well. Majority of eye treatments are expensive but this was about $10. I am in my late 30s and I can gradually see the fine wrinkles are seeping through. This has definitely prevented the problem and made my eyes look gorgeous and young. I love Olay products and I am glad that they came up with a live consultation. I honestly think that negative reviewers have to first check as to which products they should use and then try it. The products are definitely custom made for different skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this on and off for 5 years. Its easy, economical, feels good and does a decent job for what it costs. I have puffy, red allergy eyes that are fine with this product and like anything else, if you use too much it won't dry quickly, feels tacky and will not impress you. Olay has been around forever and the products are sensible. Other brands that cost more MIGHT work as well but I'd rather spend $10 instead of $100 for the same results.